WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Just A Little Tease

Orangegazm

Reaction score
Making some BIG BIG CHANGES... Starting with moving the drive up 1 1/4" Much more to come, hang on tight, your gonna TRIP !!!!!
dcb.jpg
dcb2.jpg
dcb3.jpg
dcb4.jpg
dcb5.jpg

lenmann

Reaction score
Cant wait for the next chapter. The glass and gel work look top shelf!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I cannot imagine your talents have diminished, so i will definitely be following this one. Everything you’ve done on this boat has been beyond over the top. Cannot wait to see what all you have in store.

Reactions: DWC

Duramax

Reaction score

stoker2001

Reaction score
:cool: looking good Jeff,that should equate into more speed and efficiency 👍

Orangegazm

Reaction score
@Orangegazm The motor mounts look great, who did you end up using for the machine work?
I used a shop in Morgan Hill to do the motor mounts... they got their asses kicked on this project. I don't know how, The wood mounts that I made fit perfect... they got them on the third try.

I'm using Brian at SB products for the new intake, should have CAD drawings soon. I definitely felt like we where on the same page when I left his shop.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The hole in the inner edge is that for looks only or will you be running something through there?

Orangegazm

Reaction score
When they don't make orange LED dash lights.... You make your own
dcb 18.jpg

Orangegazm

Reaction score
When you buy the best fittings (XRP) and they turn pink and the MFG says its sun exposure.... the boat is stored indoors with a hatch and a cover, the guy just had to back peddle. So, me being the frugal guy that I am... decided to save some money and strip, polish and re-anodize what seems to be a trillion fittings. WTF was I thinking ???
IMG_3755.jpg
IMG_3762.jpg

Orangegazm

Reaction score
I have the long block back but I am changing everything.... going for a different vibe !!!

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
When you buy the best fittings (XRP) and they turn pink and the MFG says its sun exposure.... the boat is stored indoors with a hatch and a cover, the guy just had to back peddle. So, me being the frugal guy that I am... decided to save some money and strip, polish and re-anodize what seems to be a trillion fittings. WTF was I thinking ???
View attachment 990731 View attachment 990732
But are you doing them in orange?

Orangegazm

Reaction score
Still not a lot of progress but I am finding stuff to do.... sub grill painted and reinstalled, I went with semi gloss clear and definitely like it better than the billet look. It will be way easier to clean, polishing it was a bitch . LED's are all done in under cabinet fixtures, a ton of work but I can't just two side tape it up and call it good.
IMG_4121.JPG
IMG_4113.jpg
IMG_4111.jpg
IMG_4114.jpg

renodaytona

Reaction score
Upgrades galore, very cool. I can't wait to see the new power. As always everything you do is top notch.

D19

Reaction score
Looking great. On the motor mounts, do flanges bolt onto the feet or will they be welded?

Duramax

Reaction score
View attachment 990731 View attachment 990732
You think about dumping the steel braid and go with the black cloth braid?

Orangegazm

Reaction score
You think about dumping the steel braid and go with the black cloth braid?
Probably will go black.... I like the steel braid, it looks racey but its been on the boat for awhile and after taking them apart the lines would have to be shortened. That would mess all the rigging up 👎 If I have to buy new lines, black is less expensive and is more modern looking.

Duramax

Reaction score
Probably will go black.... I like the steel braid, it looks racey but its been on the boat for awhile and after taking them apart the lines would have to be shortened. That would mess all the rigging up 👎 If I have to buy new lines, black is less expensive and is more modern looking.
I agree. On your rig it will look great. When we re rigged my Skater, my steel braid was a disaster.

D19

Reaction score

I went back and forth on this on my build then opted for black. It's much easier to work with and it's soft so you don't have to worry about it scratching anything.

Orangegazm

Reaction score
I went back and forth on this on my build then opted for black. It's much easier to work with and it's soft so you don't have to worry about it scratching anything.
I still love steel braid but its kinda outdated, plus the getting stabbed by the lines sucks when cleaning the engine... add to that the chaffing can be a problem, I had one line almost wear through a fitting and I thought I had everything secured so that wouldn't happen.

Reactions: D19

D19

Reaction score
I still love steel braid but its kinda outdated, plus the getting stabbed by the lines sucks when cleaning the engine... add to that the chaffing can be a problem, I had one line almost wear through a fitting and I thought I had everything secured so that wouldn't happen.

Yeah, taking apart my old steel lines and getting pricked a couple times helped sell me on the black.

Backlash

Reaction score
I know it isn't feasible in every application, but man stainless hard lines sure look amazing! Makes me wish Cherry Performance hadn't gone out of business. Spent a few dollars there back in the day!

Orangegazm

Reaction score
I know it isn't feasible in every application, but man stainless hard lines sure look amazing! Makes me wish Cherry Performance hadn't gone out of business. Spent a few dollars there back in the day!
That would look amazing.... But the time involved would be off the charts !!!! I want to get it done in my lifetime 🤯

Orangegazm

Reaction score
So.... I've disappeared for a bit but I've been working hard trying to get my update finished. Waiting on outside labor sucks, otherwise I'd be on the water, At this point the DCB regatta may be the unveiling. I promise NOBODY will be disappointed with the upgrades. I will soon share some teaser pics but when finished I will have a detailed build log !!!

PS. just one teaser.... one 300lbs block of billet aluminum now weighs 23lbs !!!!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
DW has a new color for fittings, i think it’s called graphite, it’s not silver but it’s definitely or black. I’m slowly changing all my fittings to it it’s super pretty imho.