WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Just curious, what is it about the gummy folks that can't be dealt with?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Vin likely asked this, if so I missed it. I am on the east side of the US so my morning drop a deuce review of RDP is about 4am west coast time, every morning the gummy folks hit the place up pretty hard. Im guessing it gets resolved by the admins before most of west coast members check in but just seems odd that its been going on for months and there isn't a fix??

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Vin likely asked this, if so I missed it. I am on the east side of the US so my morning drop a deuce review of RDP is about 4am west coast time, every morning the gummy folks hit the place up pretty hard. Im guessing it gets resolved by the admins before most of west coast members check in but just seems odd that its been going on for months and there isn't a fix??

From what I understand, they are not people doing it. Superfast computers that generate all the required info to join here, and then post their crap here.

There have been a couple things mentioned that might help. Not sure if you will ever beat them though. Report them and they get erased pretty quick.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
From what I understand, they are not people doing it. Superfast computers that generate all the required info to join here, and then post their crap here.

There have been a couple things mentioned that might help. Not sure if you will ever beat them though. Report them and they get erased pretty quick.
Yeah Im sure if something could be done it would be, I was more just curious as to what it is this time that has allowed them to be so persistent for so long, compared to the usual shit that pops up from time to time.

Sandlord

Reaction score
I just click on their avatar and hit ignore.
They will still be there, but you wont see them.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Most phishing ads like those have nothing to do with soliciting a product.
They have more to do with harvesting your data.
The supposed product is only geared to elicit interested responses to begin harvesting your info to sell.
When you click on any part of those solicitations, or when you think it’s funny to answer obvious phishing calls and harass the initiator, or when you text back to those phony contacts with smart ass responses, you are doing exactly what they want. Establishing a connection, a conduit for your information.
Bots don’t have feelings.
They only want you to respond in any way so they can then begin the further compromise of what they now know to be a real person.
Think about this.
Dave is not happy with the company entrusted with his creation and rightly so.
They may have over sold their ability?
They may have coerced with a good price, or what ever reason.
But basically RDP is on a server bank with a company of inadequate ability.
RDP is a forum based on thousands of members. Members who surrender a sliver of PII to join the site.
Most on here have multiple social media accounts and likely have Facebook and Twitter and a bunch of other apps installed that are tracking them 100% of the time.
Any decent hacker can walk right in, navigate the membership data, and follow that info straight onto your device…you know…where all your other apps, contacts, banking apps, and likely the same password for all of it.
It’s way too easy when the host can’t even carry the load for one full hour without a refresh.

Those gummy ads aren’t early rising east coast entrepreneurs looking for a free plug.

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
If the site put a temp ignore/block as soon as it was reported it would speed up the process. The mods could review and either delete or put back up after reviewing.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If the site put a temp ignore/block as soon as it was reported it would speed up the process. The mods could review and either delete or put back up after reviewing.

None of them have that kinna time mang. 😂

Reactions: DWC

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
THIS POST HAS BEEN REPORTED!! Walt, Some of us like to read, and get informed, on the health benefits of CBD gummies. 😜😜

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
And i don’t blame them to be honest. 😁

That’s why an auto-block and release it upon review works better. I wouldn’t expect mods to watch for shit that annoys 24hrs a day.

Agreed. That would be a better system.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Did any of you see the Tom Brown thread that a bot dug out of the archive recently?
It searched key phrases.
Just before that a love doctor bot dug up Debbie’s 14 year old thread using key phrases.
Now does anyone think that the links that were attached to that thread had any thing at all to do with some sort of Ann landers love advice??
No
They are using personal emotion to solicit responses. Gummies are big business.
Selling PII is bigger business.
So what if I program a bot to crawl the web looking for sites that match a criteria for responses to any topic.
The topic or product doesn’t matter, I just need people to respond so I can harvest info to sell.
The business model of selling PII saw an increase of 49% last year alone.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Hackers NEVER sleep...

As soon as you find a way to thwart them, they do an end run around your fix!

I've been building websites since 07. I have a pretty decent handle on website security. But still, I can see them hitting my clients sites non stop.

A couple years ago, I upgraded to my own virtual server, and what a massive learning curve that has been!

I can see every IP address that hits it. A lot are from out of this country. They hammer away at every possible weak point on my actual server now, on top of hitting the client sites.

They use up resources. Memory. CPU. Bandwidth. And all that stuff costs money!!!

In reality it almost doesn't make sense ...

If they hammer someone out of business, then who will they have to hack? 🤷‍♂️

It's beyond frustrating at every level.

Whatever it is You do...

Just imagine someone fucking with your ability to earn a living 24 hours a day.

It's enough to make you want to throw in the towel sometimes.

Fuckers. 😡

So don't be too hard on Dave...

These pricks will Never cut him a break, and, he doesn't need additional grief from us. 😔

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
RD should make one a day or another east coast person a MOD and just have them delete the spam.

Nordie

Reaction score
RD should make one a day or another east coast person a MOD and just have them delete the spam.
There's plenty of early risers on the west coast that see it too. I just put them on ignore and move on with my day.

SixD9R

Reaction score
My thought is to have all new members posts need mod approval before being posted to the site. Have that in effect for say their first 10 posts and that should weed out any bots or spammers. Dave or the admin could also put in place one of those I'm not a robot deals for new members when signing up.
I realize both of those ideas cost money that Dave would probably rather not spend but there is a cost to dealing with the bullshit as well.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Can they see when im crapping and on here? Thats a problem

Orange Juice

Reaction score
E42ED017-EDB9-468D-A87B-661AED43F0C0.jpeg

My review,

She’s hot!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
its a balance between ease of registering and security..

The easier it is to register and participate the more members you get, and the more spam you get.. the harder it is the less members and spam..

Believe it or not the the spam securities we have in place block 90+% of them.. the ones you are seeing are the last 5%

Icky

Reaction score
I like the idea of 2 report buttons, one for hurt feelings and one for spam. The spam one would would only work for members with less than say 10 posts, that way no one gets tempted to abuse it.