WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Just Do It

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Not saying it is true, but none of it would surprise me from then.

SixD9R

Reaction score
That’s sad that she tried to off herself. I hope she finds peace and can move on with her life. And yeah, fuck nike.

Tank

Reaction score
I stopped buying Nike when the whole kneeling / NFL crap started and they backed all that BS. Pitched anything we (the kids and wife too) had that was Nike and have vowed (and stuck with) not buying anything Nike or from their other companies they own including Converse and Hurley. It doesn't matter to their bottom line but it matters to me.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
No surprise. They don’t have a good track record of treating humans well.

I haven’t been a fan since wasting ~$125 on a pair of Air Jordan IV’s in 1990. Overpriced junk.

I never understood why people liked Nike, but, to each their own I suppose.

playdeep

Reaction score
I stopped buying Nike when the whole kneeling / NFL crap started and they backed all that BS. Pitched anything we (the kids and wife too) had that was Nike and have vowed (and stuck with) not buying anything Nike or from their other companies they own including Converse and Hurley. It doesn't matter to their bottom line but it matters to me.

X2...
Actually we're better off with other brands anyway.
Nike's stuff is pure junk.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I don't doubt that many sports athletes are treated/managed in similar fashion. Seems in particular Olympic athletes, and not just our American kids. Gymnastics has had plenty of coaching drama.

Tank

Reaction score
I don't doubt that many sports athletes are treated/managed in similar fashion. Seems in particular Olympic athletes, and not just our American kids. Gymnastics has had plenty of coaching drama.

“internal exams and adjustments” of gymnasts.

ummmm, no thanks.

squeezer

Reaction score
Living in PDX makes it impossible to not know many many people with direct connections to Nike.

The rumors around the Oregon Project, Salazars "Methods", etc... Were the worst kept secret for years.

The "Nike Purge" a while back was interesting to watch. The terminations were public but lot of high level people retired shortly after as well.

The sad part is this is no way isolated to Nike.