WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Just got a new boat, "16 Candles"

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
The first time I saw this boat was 10 or 15 years ago and I instantly fell in love with it.
I have always wanted a freight train set up. I used to talk with Bob Campbell about his 32' Campbell "Numero Uno" which had freight train big blocks.
So now I am the proud owner of "16 Candles" now.
IMG_9014.JPG
IMG_8843.JPG
IMG_9015.JPG
IMG_9016.JPG
IMG_8837.JPG
IMG_8836.JPG
IMG_8840.JPG

DWC

Reaction score
The first time I saw this boat was 10 or 15 years ago and I instantly fell in love with it.
I have always wanted a freight train set up. I used to talk with Bob Campbell about his 32' Campbell "Numero Uno" which had freight train big blocks.
So now I am the proud owner of "16 Candles" now.
View attachment 825572 View attachment 825573 View attachment 825574 View attachment 825575 View attachment 825576 View attachment 825577 View attachment 825578
So badass. Congrats.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Super rad. Very Bid Daddy Ed Roth; I think that's why I love it so much! Congrats.

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Do you start both engines at the same time or is there a clutch in between them?
They are coupled with a double row chain and indexed at 45* so they run like a V-16. Both engines have a fly wheel and a Summit gear reduction starter,
so when you push the starter button they both crank like one engine. The front engine has no harmonic balancer just the sprocket to couple them, the rear engine has a flyweel with a
hub and sprocket.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Very, Very nice! Congratulations on the new float!

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I have seen 16 candles in person. Amazing boat. I love the gel design and colors and the interior layout is huge for as big as a motor as it is. Run it......

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
Few years ago it pulled into the lagoon at Lost Lake, was a cool set up, I took the owner up and showed him my Hondo, due to the similar paint!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’ve always loved this boat! Haven’t seen it around in a few years..

Clank123

Reaction score
Congrats Mr. Kahn!
I knew the original owner Andy Clary very well...really a cool cat. Old school drag racer/hot rodder.
He brought the boat down to Parker while we were at Castle Rock a couple years in a row.
He had me drive it...just a cooler than cool river cruiser.
Between this boat and the Renegade, Guess I’ve been pretty lucky to drive 2 Freight trained v-drives![grin]

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
They just don't make them like that anymore. :cool:
Take care of her and Congrats. :)

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Thats a really cool setup. Will it be on the water any time soon???

Since it is cold out I am taking my time taking care of a few details to get everything the way I want it.
Should get it in the water in the next couple of months. I will for sure have it at all of the Billy B events.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Since it is cold out I am taking my time taking care of a few details to get everything the way I want it.
Should get it in the water in the next couple of months. I will for sure have it at all of the Billy B events.
Darn, I was hoping you'd be taking it local to give it a shakedown. Or take it to the weekend Paradise New year's deal.
To cool Dave.

wzuber

Reaction score
Darn, I was hoping you'd be taking it local to give it a shakedown. Or take it to the weekend Paradise New year's deal.
To cool Dave.
could be a doable.. show boat.. unless it's in disassembly. What say you Mr. Kahn, Is it doable?

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
could be a doable.. show boat.. unless it's in disassembly. What say you Mr. Kahn, Is it doable?
Totally doable as a show boat. Let me know the details of where/when.
Dave K.

wzuber

Reaction score
Totally doable as a show boat. Let me know the details of where/when.
Dave K.
That would be way Kuul Mr. Kahn
Date:
New Years Day
Lake Elsinor @ Weekend Paradise Resort on the So. Side of the lake. It's a v-drive only type event with lots of nostalgia boats, hot rods, drag boats etc. Peeps show up early, rain, snow or shine and run whatcha brung if so willing. Also, big BBQ. Wade, the owner of the resort, as a former drag boat racer himself goes all out for the event. It's a great event and the boat count last time I was there 2 yrs, ago was well over 50. Keep an eye out for the soon to be thread about the weekend. Also, sometimes Sharp Shooter makes it out and does his thang.....
Note: camping on site may be avail if you get your reservation in early enough. (assuming you like to do that sorta thing)

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Update on "Sixteen Candles".....We just replaced the rear engine. I had said that I thought it was coupled with a chain coupler, that was incorrect. There is a splined shaft on a hub on the front engine and a splined female on the rear engine. It was previously coupled at 180* so it ran and sounded like a big V-8. I have now indexed it at 45* so it sounds and runs like a V-16, very snappy for sure. Here is a short video right after we got it running today. I have a few more details to take care of but the boat will be ready for the Billy B show in April. Couldn't figure out how to load the video

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Update on "Sixteen Candles".....We just replaced the rear engine. I had said that I thought it was coupled with a chain coupler, that was incorrect. There is a splined shaft on a hub on the front engine and a splined female on the rear engine. It was previously coupled at 180* so it ran and sounded like a big V-8. I have now indexed it at 45* so it sounds and runs like a V-16, very snappy for sure. Here is a short video right after we got it running today. I have a few more details to take care of but the boat will be ready for the Billy B show in April. Couldn't figure out how to load the video
I can’t see a video, but can’t wait to check it out!