WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Just had a parade thru my neighborhood, cool!

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Asshole may have been a over reaction on my part. Sorry. I see 90% of construction still going in my world. I see framers right now from my driveway. Too me driving around honking horns for kids and teachers is awesome. Door handles maybe, lumber touched maybe.
This wasn’t meant to be a thread topic to debate what’s right, wrong, we’re all gonna die, it’s a free country or whatever. But somehow on RDP is gets spun.....I should know better after all these years.
Stop replies everyone.
Let this thread die. If not what I intended at this point
Thanks

I see what you are saying and understand. I've been on this site for along time and have never done anything like this to a thread and really didn't mean for it to get to this point, really.

Its just that this virus has really impacted me professionally and personally and on a daily basis and will continue to do so for a while. My wife is pissed that I have to come to work, she's scared for me and my kids. Sometimes I just cant sit back and say nothing. I apologize for that.

Please everyone be safe and healthy.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I see what you are saying and understand. I've been on this site for along time and have never done anything like this to a thread and really didn't mean for it to get to this point, really.

Its just that this virus has really impacted be professionally and personally and on a daily basis and will continue to do so for a while. My wife is pissed that I have to come to work, she's scared for me and my kids. Sometimes I just cant sit back and say anything. I apologize for that.

Please everyone be safe and healthy.
No worries. Your passionate about this, nothing wrong with that. I see your side as well.
Be safe

LAZARUS

Essential Inmate Down
Reaction score
One last thing, Amazon is here. He dropped a box off. Probably 5 humans have touched this box in 3 days.
Light it on fire?

I’m out.....
They are suggesting that you leave the package outside for at least 24 hours as they have said that's about how long the virus can live on it. I've been putting on gloves and walking from the garage to the doorstep and mailbox, grabbing the mail and packages and then leaving them in the garage for 24 hours before opening.

wzuber

Reaction score
Since the virus is said to live on card board up to 24 hrs. U could leave it outside for that duration then proceed as usual. U could disenfect it with alcohol, amonia, bleach etc. Anything that is known to kill virus germs, then proceed as usual. U could leave it outside, put on gloves, remove contents and toss in the trash, then dis-infect contents and proceed as usual. You can also just go about it business as usual and hope it's all good, hope for the best, it's up to you.
This situation is unprecedented in our reality and is nuts. We all just have to do the best we can for ourselves and.... each other.
I really hope I don't happen to transmit the virus to anyone and i really hope i don't have it transmitted to me as well as i have a compromised immune system do to the medication i take for psoriatic arthritis etc. And dying from lack of oxygen from a virus is certainly not how i planned to die. I had more in mind of a boat racing accident or something more adventurous and exciting like that. Haha
Good luck people...stay as safe n clean as you can in the mean time and when this is all over @Rd is going to throw a massive party at his new Havisu castle and then we'll jump in our boats and ride off into the sunset.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Did you not see Dave's thread about his nephew? There was a few people discounting dave and familys quick judgment. Yes they have it. Yes they where in another country when infected. But the reality of it is, if a family has it, what RR posted is no different then the same family, even one person, going to the store. Yes I agree that elderly and people with underlying medical conditions are most at risk and should stay home, not go to the store, have someone deliver the essentials they need. But to some the lockdown is going to cause more damage then good. My local stores are wiping down carts, have put up plexi glass between customers and cashiers in the checkouts, only allowing so many people inside. The preventive maintenance is there. To criticize people in there front yard as others drive by is just asinine. If people are truly that scared STAY INSIDE as you wish.

I run a residential construction company and have been going to work everyday, which I need to to keep my compound afloat as my wife is an independent massage therapist that has been not working for over a week, they called her and told her she could stay open as deemed medical and therapeutic since she deals with some insurance claims. She decided it was in her best interest to shut down for now as to not put her clients at risk. I/We have put a hold on any new starts in the home build, I have permits sitting at the county ready to be picked up, I have foundations in the ground ready to go, I have subs calling me daily to BEG to get started, BEGGING FOR WORK TO SUPPORT THEIR FAMILIES. We are just finishing what we have close to done as most of them are presolds with families staying with families or in RVs waiting for their homes to be done. I have adjusted all scheduals so there is only one trade in a house any giving day with 24hrs in between trades as to limit spread of this shit.

Measures are being taken with most people so to come on here and belittle people, such as this thread just gets my blood boiling. Nobody asked for this shit and nobody want it to infest their families. Tell that crap to the people standing in line for a $8 cup of coffee.

But to expect people to lock themselves in there house and everything to be hunky dory, it's not going to happen. I'm not trying or being an asshole, this is just REALITY. we all have to live with it, we all have to make decisions. Will every person make they right one, NO. But who are you to judge, we are all victims of circumstance, and it is what it is.

If people want to risk their health it is a decision they have made, if you dont want to see sunshine and breath fresh air for a few minutes, it is a decision you have made. But dont try and play GOD and down play others in the process, because all that is going to do is create tention and make the reality of today much worse, and probably cause more stress in your own life then what is needed, not to mention high blood pressure, and I'm sure there will be a shortage of the pills for that too in weeks to come!!

Rant over!

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
Did you not see Dave's thread about his nephew? There was a few people discounting dave and familys quick judgment. Yes they have it. Yes they where in another country when infected. But the reality of it is, if a family has it, what RR posted is no different then the same family, even one person, going to the store. Yes I agree that elderly and people with underlying medical conditions are most at risk and should stay home, not go to the store, have someone deliver the essentials they need. But to some the lockdown is going to cause more damage then good. My local stores are wiping down carts, have put up plexi glass between customers and cashiers in the checkouts, only allowing so many people inside. The preventive maintenance is there. To criticize people in there front yard as others drive by is just asinine. If people are truly that scared STAY INSIDE as you wish.

I run a residential construction company and have been going to work everyday, which I need to to keep my compound afloat as my wife is an independent massage therapist that has been not working for over a week, they called her and told her she could stay open as deemed medical and therapeutic since she deals with some insurance claims. She decided it was in her best interest to shut down for now as to not put her clients at risk. I/We have put a hold on any new starts in the home build, I have permits sitting at the county ready to be picked up, I have foundations in the ground ready to go, I have subs calling me daily to BEG to get started, BEGGING FOR WORK TO SUPPORT THEIR FAMILIES. We are just finishing what we have close to done as most of them are presolds with families staying with families or in RVs waiting for their homes to be done. I have adjusted all scheduals so there is only one trade in a house any giving day with 24hrs in between trades as to limit spread of this shit.

Measures are being taken with most people so to come on here and belittle people, such as this thread just gets my blood boiling. Nobody asked for this shit and nobody want it to infest their families. Tell that crap to the people standing in line for a $8 cup of coffee.

But to expect people to lock themselves in there house and everything to be hunky dory, it's not going to happen. I'm not trying or being an asshole, this is just REALITY. we all have to live with it, we all have to make decisions. Will every person make they right one, NO. But who are you to judge, we are all victims of circumstance, and it is what it is.

If people want to risk their health it is a decision they have made, if you dont want to see sunshine and breath fresh air for a few minutes, it is a decision you have made. But dont try and play GOD and down play others in the process, because all that is going to do is create tention and make the reality of today much worse, and probably cause more stress in your own life then what is needed, not to mention high blood pressure, and I'm sure there will be a shortage of the pills for that too in weeks to come!!

Rant over!
where do you build? Id like a custom home!

DLC

Reaction score
According to Fox News today March 26,2020 there are only 69,210 confirmed cases with 1,046 deaths in the US.

less than 500,000 confirmed cases world wide....

the CDC also states that 1,300 people die Daily from smoking and 2nd hand smoke. You are more likely to die from smoking than corona w/ lime At this point.

so much for cutting the grass today.

500bbc

Reaction score
Because CDC and the local and state physicians are telling everyone to stay home. What don't you get. We are not dooms day people. We are actually taking care of the patients. Its going to get worse with people like you thinking everything is ok. People like you wont take it seriously until its knocking at you door step.
CDC says "Get on these trains, we'll take you somewhere safe".

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
I wonder if the teachers will be hocking mammoth sized loo geez at my kids 🤦‍♂️ If so I’ll have them wear their Moto gear
2D7461ED-DB54-4B63-9646-20AA5B9DF30C.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm lost at how this could spread anything.

Cars: People get in the car at their house, only people from that household in the car, drive around, they return home, go back into their homes.

People on the grass: Walk out of their house, sit on grass at least 30-50 feet from any other neighbors, wave at teachers, walk back into house.

I'm no doctor but I can't really see how this is any different from going for a walk in your neighborhood. Hell, this is safer.

In addition, some of these strict "stay inside your home" people better learn to relax if this last much longer than April. Mental illness will end up killing more than the virus.

Well said.. I am at a loss as well. Lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The problem is that allot of people may have the virus and do not know it. They are asymptomatic. Especially in the younger generation. You may not have any symptoms at all. The virus can last up to three days on plastic and stainless steel and up to 24 hours on cardboard. That's along time.

So if someone in the car has the virus and doesn't know it which allot of health care organizations feel is the case but there are not enough tests to confirm, and they touch say the door handle and or interior of the car, then Mom, Dad or whoever takes the car to the to grocery store to shop or restaurant to pick up food and touch the same surface as who was infected and then touches a stainless steel counter or plastic object in the store or wherever they go that virus can now live on that surface for three days. That's a long time. That's why we are treating this virus so seriously. If very resilient and spreads very quickly.

Although it has not been proven to be airborne there are concerns about it becoming air born. Droplets can last in the air for only about 30 min due to a cough or sneeze. So you could get infected that way also. That's the reason when you go get tested they are asking you not to roll your window down during the questioning until they are ready to test you. They are concerned it could mutate and become air born. If that happen things are going to get allot worse real fast.

Sorry I don't mean to bring the thread down or act like an asshole as riverroyal stated, I just think people need to be informed and take what is going on seriously. Until the majority of people realize it, things are going to take allot longer to get better. Also the major age demographic on this site seems to be an older generation so they should take this even more serious. Sorry but I actually do care about people even if they do call me an asshole. If it takes me being an asshole and bringing down one thread to save one life it was worth it.

I agree that this thing should be 100% taken seriously... but I am completely lost on how this parade thing could spread it?

We have been off-roading several times. We go from the house to the dirt to the house.. that isn’t spreading this thing?

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I agree that this thing should be 100% taken seriously... but I am completely lost on how this parade thing could spread it?

We have been off-roading several times. We go from the house to the dirt to the house.. that isn’t spreading this thing?

I mentioned before the biggest concern is that COVID-19 is airborn. But there are not enough test's available to confirm to what extent, that's why they have not gone farther than to say the droplets are in the air more than 30 min, it is most likely longer. That's the hole reason why we want everyone to stay home. This "new" virus has spread around the globe in a matter a 10-12 weeks. That why the government has taken these unprecedented steps to slow it down . Its very resilient and last 3 days on plastics and metal and 24 hours on cardboard. That's a long time.

Every top physician has said, act as though you have COVID-19. If you knew you know the virus would you knowingly take you and family out on a drive with 100 other cars packed with kids and adults? Did they all meet up somewhere? Did they all go just on the drive and no where else? I highly doubt it.

Either way, everyone is going to have an opinion and they have that right, the only thing I would stay is just follow the top physicians advice as stay home and avoid essential travel. To me this was not essential. If we all don't do that, we risk the health care system to be over run and MD's are left to make a choice on who to treat. My nurses are on the front lines dealing with this and trust me we are all very worried and what will happen if we all don't take the necessary precautions.