WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I haven't tried a chicken sandwich from any of those fast food companies.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
See and I’ve only had the Popeyes at the trucker stop in Kingman and imho it didn’t hold a stick to the Chik-Fila sammich

nameisbond

Reaction score
I haven't tried Chick Fila, yet! The Popeyes sandwich is pretty tasty, but basic compared to what Popeyes Canada offers. Here they have several sandwiches.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Ok.
Didn't understand the pickles delio or the hype.
I guess I completed something off the bucket list. LOL

westair

Reaction score
Finally tried one too and its very good! .... stopped right off Dillon rd in Coachella where we always seem to get gas on the way to the river, popeyes right next to the gas station

UltraLucky

Reaction score
This is a new chain that just opened by us. Kicks Popeye's ass and don't have to worry about a fight breaking out in the place while your waiting on your order.

http://www.clydeshotchicken.com/

82034704_189949908785703_2784591965170381856_n.jpg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Two reasons I’ll never eat Popeyes
Rolled up on two different Popeyes parking lots with gangsters heads cracked open, one from a .45, other 12 gauges 00 buck

something about the light purple brain matter/thick blood mass in a Popeyes parking lot just keeps me from walking in those doors lol.

dribble

Reaction score
I avoid fast food like the plague, except for In N Out, Chick Fil-A and the occasional Popeyes. I've had those Popeyes sandwiches twice. Which means I've taken approximately ten years off my life. Totally worth it.

oldschool

Reaction score
Rolled up on two different Popeyes parking lots with gangsters heads cracked open, one from a .45, other 12 gauges 00 buck

something about the light purple brain matter/thick blood mass in a Popeyes parking lot just keeps me from walking in those doors lol.
But it’s a really tasty sandwich.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Tried the ChickaFilet back East and it was different that what we're getting out here.
Prefer the Popeyes spicy way over it.

cofooter

Reaction score

Were they fighting over their place in line?

Tank

Reaction score
I do like me some chic-fi-la, haven't tried the Popeys as there's none around me. But I can say the Arbys chicken buffalo slider is BOMB!!
BuffChicken-Slider_18_tile_Mobile_768x640.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Funny, but that's pretty much why I stay out of LA...
But damn, I really miss my mexican food!

Popeyes isn't an option up here. We have Chic-fi-la, and it's kind of our go-to for chicken on the go. There's one down in Phoenix, not far from Children's Hospital. Even in the big city, the people are friendly and the place is clean;)

2Driver

Reaction score

I like chic filet. It’s that sweet spot right between the church and the “up with people” crowd. :D

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Is it all about the spicy? Or do they have a regular one....more like CfA?

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score

You could hit the drive thru. :eek:

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

You could hit the drive thru. :eek:

Exactly. Just drive around the big chunks and do a fast roll through the drive through. :cool:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Exactly. Just drive around the big chunks and do a fast roll through the drive through. :cool:

Something about brain matter and that thick purple/red blood from the Aorta being washed down the gutter just sticks with me when I see a Popeyes sign.
Used to be if I saw a Popeyes, I was about to make a good gun/Narco arrest nearby.

Now they got successful and are in low crime areas....confusing lol!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Something about brain matter and that thick purple/red blood from the Aorta being washed down the gutter just sticks with me when I see a Popeyes sign.
Used to be if I saw a Popeyes, I was about to make a good gun/Narco arrest nearby.

Now they got successful and are in low crime areas....confusing lol!!
You fucktard:p
It's almost dinner time here at the Monkey Farm. Flashbacks to the car accident I witnessed in Quartzite. Two on the passenger side opened up, that funky purplish brain matter on the surviving kids I helped out of the car.

In the movies, the brain on the screen is pink. In the lab, in the jar, they're greyish. When it's "fresh", it ain't that way:confused:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
You fucktard:p
It's almost dinner time here at the Monkey Farm. Flashbacks to the car accident I witnessed in Quartzite. Two on the passenger side opened up, that funky purplish brain matter on the surviving kids I helped out of the car.

In the movies, the brain on the screen is pink. In the lab, in the jar, they're greyish. When it's "fresh", it ain't that way:confused:

Yep quite different
I lost my good friend on the job in 93’ when his Patrol Car was T boned by a drunk.
His head got pinned between roof and Concrete light pole when it spun out

I hate brain matter after that. You never forget when it’s your peer...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yep quite different
I lost my good friend on the job in 93’ when his Patrol Car was T boned by a drunk.
His head got pinned between roof and Concrete light pole when it spun out

I hate brain matter after that. You never forget when it’s your peer...
I don't think you forget some things, regardless of how you try. I've tried most ways. I've seen more than I should have of injured, or more so, friends. Luckily, the only times brain matter was a visual was two seperate car accidents...and people I didn't know.

Not in my job description. Unfortunately, trying to be a "good" person can leave you with images burn in. Keep driving by like the rest of the world, and it wouldn't be the case. Hats off to you guys, and firemen too, you took the job knowing how ugly it is.

floatn turd

Reaction score
This thread is............(wait for it).............. Racist!

Chicken.PNG

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Is Donahoo's still open in Pomona? That was good fried chicken;)

Nordie

Reaction score
Ok.
Didn't understand the pickles delio or the hype.
I guess I completed something off the bucket list. LOL

But you have Portillos, I would never care about chicken sandwiches again if I had Portillos locally

4Waters

Reaction score

I'm going to take a guess and say one of those calls was at the Popeyes at Jefferson and La Brea, always bad shit happening at that location.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Yet to try one.. Gonna check it out tomorrow and see what all the fuss is about..

nameisbond

Reaction score
Here Popeyes makes a Cajun spicy chicken sandwich. Might have it for dinner.