Now I have my Trifecta in skis

72". BEMIS wake jumper
70" glass MAHA 360
and this VOGUE

IM PRETTY STOKED [emoji106][emoji631][emoji41][emoji570][emoji570]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Halvecto

Reaction score
Free Vogue! Buff it up, little epoxy on left near front binding, get double boots on there and you have a great ride. Is it a Single or double concave bottom? Great all around cruise ski. We have a few. They're my kids favorite skis. Easy up, not much work to ski 'em.

Wiley bindings work well on the Vogue. https://www.wileyski.com/product-category/wiley-bindings/

LB247XS

Reaction score
Free Vogue! Buff it up, little epoxy on left near front binding, get double boots on there and you have a great ride. Is it a Single or double concave bottom? Great all around cruise ski. We have a few. They're my kids favorite skis. Easy up, not much work to ski 'em.

Wiley bindings work well on the Vogue. https://www.wileyski.com/product-category/wiley-bindings/
It's got some bare wood spots on the bottom and side rails.going to sand and varnish. Get some bindings and let'er rip

Halvecto

Reaction score
It's got some bare wood spots on the bottom and side rails.going to sand and varnish. Get some bindings and let'er rip

Some 800 wetsand, spar varnish on the bottom. Love the old laminate top, square-back Vogues. Polish up that top, it will look like new. . You're good. 👍

LB247XS

Reaction score
Some 800 wetsand, spar varnish on the bottom. Love the old laminate top, square-back Vogues. Polish up that top, it will look like new. . You're good. [emoji106]
I'm hoping too it's got some damage on the tail outside corners.have to epoxy repair then paint then leave wood finish in concave and hopefully be good to go the laminate top has a couple of things that are going to look like crap after repair won't match but I'm hoping the ski will ride well for me cuz I'm 6'4" 245 lb.

Halvecto

Reaction score
I'm hoping too it's got some damage on the tail outside corners.have to epoxy repair then paint then leave wood finish in concave and hopefully be good to go the laminate top has a couple of things that are going to look like crap after repair won't match but I'm hoping the ski will ride well for me cuz I'm 6'4" 245 lb.

It'll be fine. Ours have taken a beating over the years. I just do a little epoxy on any handle dings or edge cracks and varnish bottom each year and it's all set. The heavy wood makes for a solid ski. BTW, that's why the Wiley are nice. They are lighter compared to the HO or Kidder bindings. Once you add a double binding to the ski, it adds up. Great for cruising. I add a coat of Varnish to all the exposed wood areas whenever they get dull/dry. Check around the skeg top and bottom and brush it in. The wood grain is tight, but water logging them can make them soft and heavier. I would have to check mine again, but I am guessing it is three or even four wood layers. Just make sure the new binding front toe is even with the original. You can put the rear where you feel comfortable. The Vogue doesn't like forward weight. Better to ride heavy on tail and smooth. I'm guessing by the look, that is a 70" or 72", it'll carry your weight easy. Even if a 69", should do fine.

Last edited:

LB247XS

Reaction score
It'll be fine. Ours have taken a beating over the years. I just do a little epoxy on any handle dings or edge cracks and varnish bottom each year and it's all set. The heavy wood makes for a solid ski. I would have to check mine again, but I am guessing it is three or even four wood layers. Just make sure the new binding front toe is even with the original. You can put the rear where you feel comfortable. The Vogue doesn't like forward weight. Meant to ride heavy on tail and smooth. I'm guessing by the look, that is a 70" or 72", it'll carry your weight easy. Even if a 69", should do fine.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]thanks for the info

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score

I am relatively sure they came in single or triple concave. I got one of the slalom style single concave skis with double bindings and a bag when they were the latest thing, for $60. Still have it in my garage, the woodgrain vinyl bag did not stand the test of time, but the bindings are still intact!

KevinR

Reaction score
Great ski indeed!

That was our go to ski up at Arrowhead in the late 60s through the 70s.

SKIA36

Reaction score
Joel Pepper (HowardFlat on here) is the grandson of Vogue Marine!