WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Just Play Dead!

GreenEnergy28

Reaction score
My wife sent me these pictures from the house. First time finding a possum in the pool!

IMG_5673.JPG

IMG_5674.JPG

IMG_5675.JPG

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Years ago when I was taking my German Shep pup out in the back yard to do his bizness we passed a possum that looked dead, I pulled him away from sniffing at it.

Then it dawned on me "playing possum" and sure enough when I looked back it was gone.

I can't say I've seen one since, they must be around, just sneaky.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
awe... look at that pretty smile

Kill it!!!

I hate those things. 🤣

Probably best to just call animal control and let them haul it off. That's what I did, after my roommate talked me out of blasting it with my 12 gauge.

Calling animal control was a better option than cleaning up the mess! 😁

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Possum facts .... plus they eat Ticks ...https://blog.nature.org/2021/05/11/strange-and-surprising-facts-about-opossums/

BTW the wife showed me this today , we get little frogs in our Spa....

Attachments

• 81sXmj9ktOL._AC_SX522_.jpg
    81sXmj9ktOL._AC_SX522_.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

NicPaus

Reaction score
My Pup has killed 4 and caught 2 big ones in last 2 months. They are tough creatures. I have killed a few when I was a kid. I had to pry the 2 out of her mouth after She gave them the death shake numerous times. One was mutilated. Threw him over the fence and a hour later he recovered and was gone.

RichL

Reaction score
Doesn't look particularly happy.
🤔

GreenEnergy28

Reaction score
Kill it!!!

I hate those things. 🤣

Probably best to just call animal control and let them haul it off. That's what I did, after my roommate talked me out of blasting it with my 12 gauge.

Calling animal control was a better option than cleaning up the mess! 😁
Wife's Momma instincts kicked in... She put it in a shoe box with a towel, then put the box on a heating blanket so the little guy would warm up. She got on Facebook and found a local wild life rescue and took it there.
We get these frogs that are so small they can sit on a quarter and sound like the Budweiser frogs at full volume.
We had a big ass frog in the pool last week. Had to net him out as well.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
A friend of mine back in the day he was also the best man at my wedding rescued a baby one from the street kept it as a Pet. I have no idea why but just looking at it says f*** around and find out.
I never did pet that thing ugly as hell.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Wife's Momma instincts kicked in... She put it in a shoe box with a towel, then put the box on a heating blanket so the little guy would warm up. She got on Facebook and found a local wild life rescue and took it there.

We had a big ass frog in the pool last week. Had to net him out as well.
How’s she get it in the shoebox? With those teeth I wouldn’t go near it.

Backlash

Reaction score
Years ago, my Grandpa and I were going fishing at the St. Johns River. He and I were driving down a two lane backwoods road when he saw a possum crossing the street. He stopped, jumped out of his El Camino and grabbed this big old beast by the tail. I remember him laughing as he tossed it in the bed. After picking up our new pet, we continued driving til we got to a little convenient store. Grandpa pulled in to pick up bait and ice. I got out of the car as quickly as I could because that little bastard was sitting there hissing at me.

There were three black gentleman standing around the bed of a pickup truck. The older gentleman asked my Grandpa "Mister, whatchoo doing with 'at possum?"

My Grandpa said "Nothing, you want him?"

The man replied and said "Yessir, how much you want for him?"

Grandpa replied "Just gimme a few bucks."

The man gave my Grandpa a few dollar bills and Grandpa fearlessly reached into the bed and grabbed the possum like it was nothing. He swung that hissing, pissed-off little critter up in the air and dropped it into the bed of that man's truck. The man replied "Thank you Sir!" and seemed to be thrilled about his new pet.

My Grandpa and I walked into the bait store and he bought me a small bag of M&Ms, a Coke in a glass bottle, a bag of ice and a foam cup full of worms. I couldn't tell you how many fish we caught that day, but I can remember every single detail about that possum transaction in the parking lot. Hahahaha!! My Grandpa was the man!!

Grandpa later told me they were going to kill that possum to make possum stew. 🤮

Somewhere in Central Florida, circa mid 1970's.

🤣

Last edited: