WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Just to vent.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
We’ve been down now for about 2+ months. No kitchen Just a oven. 99 yr old MIL living with us. All good for the most part and making do. But. FUCK. Tonight I hit my limit. I love them all. But grandkids. Kids. Etc. trying to do dinner Not the problem. But the clean up. For Fucking sucks. And everybody left but the wife and I. In all fairness. We said just go. But. Fuck.
Sorry for the rant. But thanks. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLdrinker

Reaction score
We’ve been down now for about 2+ months. No kitchen Just a oven. 99 yr old MIL living with us. All good for the most part and making do. But. FUCK. Tonight I hit my limit. I love them all. But grandkids. Kids. Etc. trying to do dinner Not the problem. But the clean up. For Fucking sucks. And everybody left but the wife and I. In all fairness. We said just go. But. Fuck.

Just do what my parents did. Move to a different state and stop talking to us.
that will fix your problem.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Just do what my parents did. Move to a different state and stop talking to us.
that will fix your problem.

I want to. But I actually get along with my kids and want to see my grand kids. Which means I’m stuck in this place for years.
And it’s more about a damaged kitchen etc than anything else.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I’m the kitchen cleaner upper I’m my house everynight. Granted it’s only me and the wife.

But you have a kitchen. I don’t and haven’t had one for months. Hopefully soon
image-2021-03-03-18:47:28-244.jpg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
But you have a kitchen. I don’t and haven’t had one for months. Hopefully soon View attachment 985835

Sorry but if that’s four months I don’t think it’s gonna be too soon 😝 hopefully you guys love it and it will have all been worth it. My wife wants a kitchen but I’m poor.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Sorry but if that’s four months I don’t think it’s gonna be too soon [emoji13] hopefully you guys love it and it will have all been worth it. My wife wants a kitchen but I’m poor.

We had a leak. And mold so weeks were just getting that sorted out. We now know next week demo starts and our new kitchen will start to take shape. I can’t wait but still probably looking at at least a month
And I thought I was poor before. Lol.
Everything has hit at once.

retaocleg

Reaction score

you are a trooper, but good on you for doing it........you did the right thing(karma)

Mr.Puck

Reaction score
Hang in there... this kitchen thing will pass soon and then you will be on to the next project.

Will your kitchen be done before my backsplash?😂

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Hang in there... this kitchen thing will pass soon and then you will be on to the next project.

Will your kitchen be done before my backsplash?[emoji23]

100 to 1. Yea it will be. Lmao.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
you are a trooper, but good on you for doing it........you did the right thing(karma)

That karma thing has never really worked out for me. I keep hoping though [emoji849]

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Hmmmm, sounds like a challenge....
They do have the peel and stick backsplash.
Hehe!

If it means your backsplash is done. I win. Well actually you win. But. Just get it done. Lol.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I’m the kitchen cleaner upper I’m my house everynight. Granted it’s only me and the wife.
That was our mutual agreement for years. Then May of last year they move in with us by agreement to purchase this home...jeez what a year it's been...my daughter has to be the laziest person I know when it comes to house upkeeping and it's driving the wife and I insane. Can't wait until the work at our other home is completed. I'm ready to get back to normal if there is such a thing anymore...on top of that the wife tested positive for C19 a week ago.
I'll start a thread about that fiasco and another about my 6.2LSC issues...fuk me.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
There's always a bright side. You had dinner with four generations of your family. Sounds like it was just to do it, not a holiday or special event.
That's a pretty beautiful thing. We only have ourselves and our kids. No elders, and no grandkids...hopefully not for a while, as my daughter is 17.
It's a hassle and a bitch, but temporary and worthwhile!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
There's always a bright side. You had dinner with four generations of your family. Sounds like it was just to do it, not a holiday or special event.
That's a pretty beautiful thing. We only have ourselves and our kids. No elders, and no grandkids...hopefully not for a while, as my daughter is 17.
It's a hassle and a bitch, but temporary and worthwhile!

You are 100% correct. Wouldn’t change it. And most will never have the chance to experience it. But. Sometimes I just get tired and and. Nothing else. Just tired I guess.
Tomorrow all will be good and by Saturday it will happen again. Hopefully.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You are 100% correct. Wouldn’t change it. And most will never have the chance to experience it. But. Sometimes I just get tired and and. Nothing else. Just tired I guess.
Tomorrow all will be good and by Saturday it will happen again. Hopefully.

I get it. Sometimes it just feels like you're pinned in 5th gear. We all need to back off the limiter, and take an easy lap now and again:)

DLC

Reaction score
We set up a make shift kitchen on our patio, camp stove micro toaster over, hot cold water and a boat load of paper plates and forks.... oh don’t forget and zip lock bags.

it helped with the madness, bit it still sucks.

im sure the finished product will be better than new, but in the mean time it really sucks! Good luck!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
We set up a make shift kitchen on our patio, camp stove micro toaster over, hot cold water and a boat load of paper plates and forks.... oh don’t forget and zip lock bags.

it helped with the madness, bit it still sucks.

im sure the finished product will be better than new, but in the mean time it really sucks! Good luck!

We just talked about moving the camping stove to the back yard. Have the burner on the bbq etc. but the clean up. Even trying to use paper and disposable stuff. Just sucks with no in house water it sucks. We will get through it and will be worth it. But tonight. I just am done.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I want to. But I actually get along with my kids and want to see my grand kids. Which means I’m stuck in this place for years.
And it’s more about a damaged kitchen etc than anything else.

Opposite for me and my wife.
Our only child moved to New Hampshire 8 years ago. Got married last year and they are now pregnant with our first grand kid.
Wife says she’s moving there upon retirement whether I do or not.
Good enough of an excuse to me to leave this hell hole. 😁

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Welp.. it's time for.. "had a great time but, let's do it at your house next time!"

After the first time at "their house" they understand, and you'll have a few that stick around to help out next time!😉

I'm a firm believer if you cook, you dont clean and vise versa.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Welp.. it's time for.. "had a great time but, let's do it at your house next time!"

After the first time at "their house" they understand, and you'll have a few that stick around to help out next time![emoji6]

I'm a firm believer if you cook, you dont clean and vise versa.

Again in fairness. We have been invited to their house many times. We watch the grandkids for my daughter while she works for a few hours a couple evenings a week and normally isn’t an issue. Just tonight I was in a fuck this kind of mood. Probably because we’ve had a lot of upheaval in the house lately.

PlanB

Reaction score
We bought a RV and lived in it on our property when we were doing a major remodel. It was actually not bad at all and much better than trying to live in the house when it was torn up. Sold the RV when the remodel was done.

white tortilla

Reaction score
@Mr. C im in same boat across town from you. Got married in sept, went on honeymoon and came back and tore house apart and kitchen apart. Still working on it, hopefully counters this week for me, flooring next, appliances in 3. We’ve been washing dishes in single bathroom vanity and using a hot plate or bbq. But it’s only two of us.
AECAE407-AAD0-403C-BB70-8B243EAF60B1.jpeg

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Cool that you have family you love / enjoy.
I tried the 'insta-family' thing w/ a gal with 3 kids.
Was almost 10 years in . . . kids were beyond selfish . . .final straw was one Christmas . . their whole family came down . . . tree, dinner, gifts, deserts, music etc.
Mom tells kids 'it's bedtime'. . . They all say 'goodnight' w/ hug kisses, to Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt, Uncle, Cousins, Mom etc. , they fully skipped over me on purpose.
I called it, and tapped-out after that one. Shine.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
@Mr. C im in same boat across town from you. Got married in sept, went on honeymoon and came back and tore house apart and kitchen apart. Still working on it, hopefully counters this week for me, flooring next, appliances in 3. We’ve been washing dishes in single bathroom vanity and using a hot plate or bbq. But it’s only two of us. View attachment 985915
Thank god for the bathroom sink. lol Probably better clean out that bathroom trap when you'r finished. We start complete demo next week and they think 3 weeks for us from there. good news is we have our backyard back and the pool is done being refinished and they AC is in.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
If I had my way, the only thing in my kitchen would be a Coffee maker. Do all cooking/eating outside. Paper plates and everything goes in the trash when done....just like at the River.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
We are a little ways off from the Kitchen remodel of our late 50's kitchen but when it happens I am setting up a full temporary in a utility area nearby. Still going to be a mess but a freestanding dishwasher and the stove on a 2x4 frame will be such will be a lifesaver.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
We are a little ways off from the Kitchen remodel of our late 50's kitchen but when it happens I am setting up a full temporary in a utility area nearby. Still going to be a mess but a freestanding dishwasher and the stove on a 2x4 frame will be such will be a lifesaver.
Wish i had a little time to plan but one day just noticed water draining out the back of the kitchen through the stucco outside. Original plan was just to replace the few damaged cabinets. but when trying to remove the granite it broke. Some down time just with typical insurance dealings. what's covered what might not be etc. Then we just decided F it let's redo the whole damn thing. Getting rid of the island and doing a peninsula for some bar stools and place for the G-kids to sit and eat.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
That karma thing has never really worked out for me. I keep hoping though [emoji849]

Maybe it has and you just don’t realize it. Just think how sucky your life might be if weren’t such a generous and giving person.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Maybe it has and you just don’t realize it. Just think how sucky your life might be if weren’t such a generous and giving person.
1st sentence - maybe 2nd -LOL, lets not get carried away. :rolleyes:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Here's he end plan. white quartz with black/gray veining / matt black faucet /handles etc. / white cabinets and a white farmhouse sink.
the peninsula will come out a little farther as well.
IMG_2419x.jpg
IMG_2421x.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Gonna be nice when it's done...

Went through hell on my remodel too. Lucky we had my toy hauler in the driveway and pretty much lived outa it!

Hangin there. 👍

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
3 words.... disposable place settings

Shit, disposable everything. If it cant be cleaned with a hose, dont use it.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Just finished a similar kitchen. The double oven and cook top Hopefully you have in hand. Kitchenaid was a nightmare. Changed delivery date at least 6 times. Ordered last August they arrived 2 weeks ago. Initial lead time was 13 days.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Just finished a similar kitchen. The double oven and cook top Hopefully you have in hand. Kitchenaid was a nightmare. Changed delivery date at least 6 times. Ordered last August they arrived 2 weeks ago. Initial lead time was 13 days.

Yep. Double oven. Stovetop. Fridge and microwave new about 2 yrs. have a new dishwasher in the garage ready to go.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your kitchen. This is why I did pretty much everything myself except for countertops. Took me 10 days total including demo. Waiting on Contractors can be like watching grass grow, lol 😂

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I think the real issue is that there is only one bottle of wine there and it still has some left in it [emoji16]

Depending when I took the pic. It could be the first or it could be third. [emoji12]

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Okay moving along. Tile floor out today. And hopefully some cabinets start going in Friday /Monday. Feeling better now that the standstill is behind us
IMG_3919.jpg

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I think they messed up at the bottom of your pic. :D
I think when my wife took the picture on her iphone it was in the live mode (1 second) . So when you take a snap shot of it that's what you get.
Kind of messes with eyes a little. LOL

NicPaus

Reaction score
Good time to open up the wall and get that drain stubbed out correctly.