WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Just to vent.

endobear

Reaction score
Started a remodel of our entry level 2 months after we found out my wife was pregnant with the twins. Did everything myself but the countertops. Middle of winter in Colorado so an outdoor kitchen set up was out of the ?. Set up what we called the lounge in a spare bedroom.. Couch, table,, fridge,, microwave and toaster oven.Wife was a trooper until she got put on bedrest at 6 months and then the kids came almost 2 months early. Total nightmare..
She was in no shape or mood to help out with decisions. Literally finished it the day before the kids came home from the hospital.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
When we blow up someone's kitchen we often install a utility sink for them to use.

View attachment 985990

Doing dishes in the bathtub gets old fast!
Wish our contractor had thought of that. He said he would leave the sink in temporarily, but the demo guys didnt get a message. Then our quartz was backordered for 6 weeks. You don't know how important the sink is until it's gone.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Wish our contractor had thought of that. He said he would leave the sink in temporarily, but the demo guys didnt get a message. Then our quartz was backordered for 6 weeks. You don't know how important the sink is until it's gone.
ain't that the truth. We've learned to paper plate and plastic utensil pretty good but there is still just enough dishes that the bathroom sink just sucks. LOL
I never thought I'd get tired of ordering out either but i want to my kitchen back. Truthfully I'm done with the BBQ, smoker and outside burners as well for a while.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
And we have countertops.
IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3965.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I hope the dishwasher slides in under the counter lip.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

[emoji33] it should The new floor will be lower than original tile. And there used to be a trim on the top under our old granite. But thanks for making stress a little. Lol. I’ll measure in the morning.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I just did a remodel with this exact setup. Make sure to get a dishwasher with no handle, or that drawer will not open ;) Ask me how I know lol

Beautiful kitchen!

Thank you. And there is 1-2 inches between the cabinets/handles on the one side. The trick will be to make they are not open when we open the dishwasher

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
[emoji33] it should The new floor will be lower than original tile. And there used to be a trim on the top under our old granite. But thanks for making stress a little. Lol. I’ll measure in the morning.

But did the cabinets sit on tile or floor last time....Just something to check. Can always just not put floor down there if you need it lower. At my last house, we fortunately measured and got ours in before the counter went on. Fortunately it never broke. :D

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
But did the cabinets sit on tile or floor last time....Just something to check. Can always just not put floor down there if you need it lower. At my last house, we fortunately measured and got ours in before the counter went on. Fortunately it never broke. :D

Yes the cabinets were on the floor. I think / hope we should be fine. Also have about an inch plus play with the level feet on the dishwasher.
Which has been sitting in the garage for 4 months brand new.

73mandella

Reaction score
We’ve been down now for about 2+ months. No kitchen Just a oven. 99 yr old MIL living with us. All good for the most part and making do. But. FUCK. Tonight I hit my limit. I love them all. But grandkids. Kids. Etc. trying to do dinner Not the problem. But the clean up. For Fucking sucks. And everybody left but the wife and I. In all fairness. We said just go. But. Fuck.
Sorry for the rant. But thanks. Lol.

frog.jpg

73mandella

Reaction score
[emoji33][emoji106][emoji16][emoji485][emoji1634][emoji481][emoji867]
Did I miss any. Lol
PS. MIL made it to 100 on the 3rd
And so much more going on the kitchen still is just stuff.

Nothing negative intended. A very good friend of mine had aneurysm that was misdiagnosed. The original diagnosis was food poisoning when she actually had an aneurism. Thank God she recovered and was able to return to work. When she came back, I bought her a statue of a frog in the same position as the one I posted to keep on her desk. I told (asked) her to look at the frog and relax whenever she felt stress.

I can’t say it works for sure, but it’s hard to focus on the stressor when you’re focusing on placing light pressure on your thumb and forefinger. This was something my long-distance runner coach taught us when we felt the stress and pain of running.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Nothing negative intended. A very good friend of mine had aneurysm that was misdiagnosed. The original diagnosis was food poisoning when she actually had an aneurism. Thank God she recovered and was able to return to work. When she came back, I bought her a statue of a frog in the same position as the one I posted to keep on her desk. I told (asked) her to look at the frog and relax whenever she felt stress.

I can’t say it works for sure, but it’s hard to focus on the stressor when you’re focusing on placing light pressure on your thumb and forefinger. This was something my long-distance runner coach taught us when we felt the stress and pain of running.

I didn’t take it negative at all. I took it as sarcastic. As in find your zone. It’s all good.[emoji106][emoji106]
Got some backsplash in today
IMG_3969.jpg