WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Katy,Texas

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Fill me in I just got sent to Katy, Tx for a week to watch a site until mine starts , road trip 🤔

bluebleeder

Reaction score
Katy is a cool area outside of Houston proper. Kolache is a good call. Also see if you can get a trip to Bucky's. Yes it's a gas station but not your normal gas station, trust me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SoCalDave

Reaction score
My SIL is a project manager for Raymond Handling Solutions and they install all the conveyor systems for the new Amazon facilities. He was in Fort Worth area for 3 weeks about a week ago. Travels all over the US for these installs.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
My SIL is a project manager for Raymond Handling Solutions and they install all the conveyor systems for the new Amazon facilities. He was in Fort Worth area for 3 weeks about a week ago. Travels all over the US for these installs.
They have 2-3 that do that come in like 30-45 day before we hand over 😎

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I think this is a George strait song Amarillo by morning or phoenix Lubbock Texas up from San Antonio don’t have no X wifeys 🤔😉👌

shunter2005

Reaction score
T&B - If you are driving in via I10. Stop in at Prasek's in Sealy. It's a very nice stop with some good "goodies". Plus, it's not near as crowded at Buccee's in Katy. They do have some damn good kolaches there. Also, some excellent homeade style Oatmeal Raisin cookies and other sweets. They have a damn meat counter with every thing from sausage to filet mignon. We go there to get their "killer" jalapeno-cheese pork sausage.

Plenty of good restaurants along the freeway in Katy, but there are lots more as you head in toward Houston. Pappadeaux for seafood. Pappasitos for mexican food. The Pappas chains are expensive but you get way more food than you can eat and it is good. Babin's near Mason Rd is another good seafood place. If they still have Shrimp Lafayette, you will not be disappointed. If you want BBQ in that area, you can try Rudy's or Cooper's. I personally don't like either place. Neither place lives up to the quality of the original places, but lots of people do like them.

I live about 10-12 miles from Katy and do go over there a lot. There isn't much to do at night there, and it has lost some of it's old small town charm as Houston has moved out and engulfed it, but it is still a nice place. Let me know when you get to town and I will meet up and buy you a beer.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
"Pappadeaux for seafood. Pappasitos for mexican food. The Pappas chains are expensive but you get way more food than you can eat and it is good."

X2, you will not be disappointed or leave hungry! :)

Enjoy your freedom and lower prices out here.👍

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
T&B - If you are driving in via I10. Stop in at Prasek's in Sealy. It's a very nice stop with some good "goodies". Plus, it's not near as crowded at Buccee's in Katy. They do have some damn good kolaches there. Also, some excellent homeade style Oatmeal Raisin cookies and other sweets. They have a damn meat counter with every thing from sausage to filet mignon. We go there to get their "killer" jalapeno-cheese pork sausage.

Plenty of good restaurants along the freeway in Katy, but there are lots more as you head in toward Houston. Pappadeaux for seafood. Pappasitos for mexican food. The Pappas chains are expensive but you get way more food than you can eat and it is good. Babin's near Mason Rd is another good seafood place. If they still have Shrimp Lafayette, you will not be disappointed. If you want BBQ in that area, you can try Rudy's or Cooper's. I personally don't like either place. Neither place lives up to the quality of the original places, but lots of people do like them.

I live about 10-12 miles from Katy and do go over there a lot. There isn't much to do at night there, and it has lost some of it's old small town charm as Houston has moved out and engulfed it, but it is still a nice place. Let me know when you get to town and I will meet up and buy you a beer.
Thank you I just made it to Gallup frickn tired , shit ton of trucks on the road , I took I40 wanted to stay away from boarder towns I’ll leave here 6-7 head to Clovis then start dropping down should be in town Monday I’ll let you know .

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
"Pappadeaux for seafood. Pappasitos for mexican food. The Pappas chains are expensive but you get way more food than you can eat and it is good."

X2, you will not be disappointed or leave hungry! :)

Enjoy your freedom and lower prices out here.👍
I don’t care what food costs as long as it Great 🤔😎

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Scenes from today🤣👍
D77D037F-2B39-4A0F-AA9F-3528325FB18A.jpeg
0A75FD85-5B05-4169-A321-4CD48449EA21.jpeg
60480E4C-2E48-453D-89D8-7ACE820CDDD5.jpeg
EE97149F-9A4A-4CD9-B60D-C03A2CB10E3D.jpeg

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Sweet water ,Tx get my room and call up the bbq place after trying online 😫ordered dinner Sunday night out of a lot of meats ☹️ Called them ribeye shrimps beans slaw 35-45 mins go pick it up place is packed 😉 pay and tipped got back to room Fuckkkkk 🤬 ribeye shrimp Fried okra and frys 🤬who the fuck eats Fried okra and the frys sucked RB / shrimp was good the rest got trashed , o well

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Sweet water ,Tx get my room and call up the bbq place after trying online 😫ordered dinner Sunday night out of a lot of meats ☹️ Called them ribeye shrimps beans slaw 35-45 mins go pick it up place is packed 😉 pay and tipped got back to room Fuckkkkk 🤬 ribeye shrimp Fried okra and frys 🤬who the fuck eats Fried okra and the frys sucked RB / shrimp was good the rest got trashed , o well

Love me some fried okra!

shunter2005

Reaction score
Sweet water ,Tx get my room and call up the bbq place after trying online 😫ordered dinner Sunday night out of a lot of meats ☹ Called them ribeye shrimps beans slaw 35-45 mins go pick it up place is packed 😉 pay and tipped got back to room Fuckkkkk 🤬 ribeye shrimp Fried okra and frys 🤬who the fuck eats Fried okra and the frys sucked RB / shrimp was good the rest got trashed , o well
Should've had some rattlesnake, since Sweetwater is the rattlesnake capital of Texas. Lol...

TexasJet

Reaction score
For entertainment go to Moe's on Mason Road south of I10 about 1/2 mile on the right. Country and western and the place is jumpin' from Wednesday on.

Sandlord

Reaction score
Wildcatter saloon looked fun, but we had to leave before the band started.
They’ve also got a Buc-ees.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score

This place is Huge I thought I was coming to a little Texas town 🤔 Wrong . I went through some kool ass little towns shit ton of dead hogs on the side of road and even more Shit ton of skunks 😫😫 maybe dinner this week if you have time ?

shunter2005

Reaction score
This place is Huge I thought I was coming to a little Texas town 🤔 Wrong . I went through some kool ass little towns shit ton of dead hogs on the side of road and even more Shit ton of skunks 😫😫 maybe dinner this week if you have time ?
Will message you.

shunter2005

Reaction score
That's awesome, i went to Katy High school. Pappas restaraunts for sure, that's one thing i really miss. And whataburger
How long have you been gone? In case you didn't know, Whataburger sold out to some Chicago conglomerate. Just not the same anymore.

nowski

Reaction score
Braum's good burgers and best desserts in town...

81Sprint

Reaction score
How long have you been gone? In case you didn't know, Whataburger sold out to some Chicago conglomerate. Just not the same anymore.
My Dad lives in Katy still, rest of my family is in La Grange. I left in 2004, but normally just go back to visit La Grange, not much interested in going to Houston.

Sherpa

Reaction score
T&B: if you do get to eat at Papadeux, you gotta try the Papadeuxcious.. (sounds like that anyway, spelling probably not correct).

it;s a blended rum cocktail that is by far the world's best cocktail slurpee EVAR! 2 large of these and you're good to go....... if you have 3,

then a few hours later you might be dizzy..... yummy.

nowski

Reaction score
Ski, I have never heard of that place. Where is it located? There are some Braum's in Oklahoma.

Braum's has something like 300 locations over 5 states, here are some Texas locations Amarillo, Dallas, Murphy, Wichita Falls, Grapevine, Arlington, Plano, Lewisville, Pantego, Vernon, Burkburnett and Vernon.

Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas

shunter2005

Reaction score
Braum's has something like 300 locations over 5 states, here are some Texas locations Amarillo, Dallas, Murphy, Wichita Falls, Grapevine, Arlington, Plano, Lewisville, Pantego, Vernon, Burkburnett and Vernon.

Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas
Thanks, I will check them out. Always looking for a great burger.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score

Pat Thanks great pick for dinner Food was killer kind of nice when chef comes out and visits with you , always nice to put a name to a face , been trying in calie but itS crazy With shit closed Food was KIller 👍😎
17F372F9-656D-4FF4-BD38-285B36D34539.jpeg
181C03C5-ED00-4217-BF39-C754EFBAD0DA.jpeg

SR

Cajun Member
Reaction score
Grab you a couple poboys from Antoines, we like the “supers”. They used to be a hell of a lot better but I can still wear out a few for lunch when out there.

farmo83

Reaction score
Used to live im katy. Coopers bbq is good and pretty new. I believe bars are open if your bored. Brewskies pub or Watson house of ales was a good time. Taste of Texas is by the beltway if you want a good steak and the company is paying. If your paying its pricey.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Pat Thanks great pick for dinner Food was killer kind of nice when chef comes out and visits with you , always nice to put a name to a face , been trying in calie but itS crazy With shit closed Food was KIller 👍😎
Mark - It was really great to meet you. Like you said, it's nice to put a face to a name. I really enjoyed talking some guns with you. If you get back this way again, I'll take you to a hole in the wall mexican food place that is outstanding. My treat.... Have a safe drive home this weekend.