WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kawasaki Jet Mate

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Where do you mount the subs and amps?

Now, owning a jet bote, myself and others are generally seen as lower echelon boaters. We were pretty happy the roll bar boats have come along and taken some of our heat...
Dave was looking at roll bar boats, and now has a mini-me jet bote...better, or worse?

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Where do you mount the subs and amps?

Now, owning a jet bote, myself and others are generally seen as lower echelon boaters. We were pretty happy the roll bar boats have come along and taken some of our heat...
Dave was looking at roll bar boats, and now has a mini-me jet bote...better, or worse?
No way that he is not going to mount a roll bar on it. That will give him a place to mount the big rear facing speakers.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Have you seen Blake Wilkey’s mini jet? Check it out on YouTube, it’s listed there under Wilkey’s name. The episode is called Havasu Ambush. Wild stuff. Sorry, I should have provided the link. Just saw it, so I know it’s there.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score

OK, this should take you there. Taking a lot of time to load. Seems to be working now. Lots of recognizable Havasu locations.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
WTF is a Biden voter doing in the passenger seat.
Didn't notice the Biden voter. I tend to ignore them. But, when I rewatched I see what you mean. Lol. Recently went to the Springs with our teenage grandsons for the great outdoor burgers. Wilkey was sitting there and our grandson's couldn't believe it. They were hilariously star struck. Too funny.

Believe that first scene in the video, with the boat actually in the water, took place at the extreme back of a Cove at the south end of Havasu. Cove has a bunch of names - Jumping Rock, CA Cove etc etc. The official name is Gene Wash Cove. CA side near the power lines. Scene actually begins at the base of the dam which forms Met's Gene Wash Reservoir. We've paddled back there with noodles. It is tight. With any kind of boat it would be crazy tight. You can see the solo Palm as Wilkey blasts out of there.

No intent to thread jack RD’s Kawasaki Jet Mate Post. Sorry if I did. Looking forward to seeing that Kawasaki evolve. Can hardly imagine.

Last edited:

H20beater

Reaction score
800 jet mate definitely wakes it up!
F0D95A90-3B47-4B47-80FD-AF8DF0145853.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

jadenchick

Reaction score
I’d be the skeleton riding in that thing like that.
HELL NO! I consider it a channel cruiser and that’s it. I would not take it on the open water. But congrats on your purchase it’s adorable 😸

MeCasa16

Reaction score
That thing is what you call a "transition piece". Buying that thing is the transition from collector/enthusiast, to straight up hoarder.

In all seriousness, I think it is pretty RAD. I would have bought it too..

Reactions: DWC

guest hs

Reaction score
Needles a triple axle trailer! I think this is a better choice then the ski/wake boat!

H20beater

Reaction score
this one has a 750 in it right now and some crazy loud exhaust.. I fired it up.

is this something you built? Got a good source for parts / engines etc?

I’m going to do the full build on it for my daughters
My buddy in corona built the motor and did the fab work I’m running stock pipe that’s dried out. It was a pain in the ass for him don’t thing he will mess with them anymore. Yours should do pretty well with a 750! I tried to buy that same jet mate you beat me to it!

ham&cheese

Reaction score

RD join the Facebook group Kawasaki 650 750 SX SXI X2 Jetmate TS SC. You will be able to source parts, ask questions and see all the builds

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

HST4ME

Reaction score
Put triples in a lot of those. Guy at the dealer that sold them spun up jetovaters for them too. They rip pretty good with a zxi motor.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD join the Facebook group Kawasaki 650 750 SX SXI X2 Jetmate TS SC. You will be able to source parts, ask questions and see all the builds

thank you I just joined and when it’s approved I’ll check it out

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Put triples in a lot of those. Guy at the dealer that sold them spun up jetovaters for them too. They rip pretty good with a zxi motor.

I’m sorry is that English?

J&k beer can

Reaction score
A friend of mine with his Kentucky accent said that little bitch gets so much attention every time I had it out..
So that's the name it got.
"LiL Bitch".

Guys put kawasaki triple 1100 motors in them..
The kawi 750 and 800 are a easy swap.

A guy did a sea doo
Bottom hull swap with jet mate top..

Like I posted in other thread I've a had a few of these jetmates.
I have pics n videos that are on a disk in a tote somewhere..
The prices are crazy now..

Taboma

Reaction score
I’m not sure to be honest?

Not a big difference except for life jacket requirements and up river in the reeds, if it were a boat, it could be taken into areas designated off limits for PWC.

buck35

Reaction score

Jay Dub

Reaction score

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
THE 1100 TRIPLE ZXI. JET SKI MOTOR

JET O VATER...THE ROOSTER TAIL THING ALL THE JET BOTES HAVE.

Jet-o-vater: A Berkeley licensed adjustable trim. No longer available through Berkeley.

Place diverter: adjustable trim made by Place Diverter. Available on new Berkeley jet drives and others.

Kawasaki never had a Berkeley jet-o-vater.

Dan'l

HST4ME

Reaction score
Tri City power sports over here sold a ton of those. Like another said many were bought for tenders.
Jet-o-vater: A Berkeley licensed adjustable trim. No longer available through Berkeley.

Place diverter: adjustable trim made by Place Diverter. Available on new Berkeley jet drives and others.

Kawasaki never had a Berkeley jet-o-vater.

Dan'l

They do when you make one.

D19

Reaction score
Nice! That needs billet swim-step, grab handles and more! Start making chips!

77charger

Reaction score

750 should work well then.Check for your waterbox should have one if it does once in water it should quiet down

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
As the saying goes "like riding a moped " or ***** a fat chick , fun but ya dont want your friends to see you

Taboma

Reaction score
I realize this isn't for you, but I'm sure you'll test drive it first. Do be careful, because you use your legs to keep you pinned and to prevent you from crashing forward and having your nuts straddle the joystick should you smack a wave face. Take that Kawai 650 to Harry Klemm up in Ft Mohave, he's a 2 stroke wizard and will make it scoot.

hallett21

Reaction score
@RiverDave

If you were doing a mini boat for the kids. Have you looked at a Donzi 16 (might be called sweet 16)?

Big enough to be a “real boat” but small enough to manage at 8-16 years old.

Or how about a whaler like this?

189D003D-B148-4D9D-A523-59C688F7435D-9065-000005F6D8A4FA03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave

If you were doing a mini boat for the kids. Have you looked at a Donzi 16 (might be called sweet 16)?

Big enough to be a “real boat” but small enough to manage at 8-16 years old.

Or how about a whaler like this?

View attachment 923220

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this jet mate thing will be fun for the kids and a fun little project. When they get to be 13 I’ll put a flats boat down in the marina for them