WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Keep Lake Open

Keep lake open or close?

• Total voters

rivrbrat

Reaction score
Boaters better start making phone calls!
If you haven't read the Sunday paper your Mayor is being urged by our local Quack Doctor to close the lake.

Singleton

Reaction score
No dog in this battle. They more or less closed the oceans in CA.

Limit boats to household members only, follow distancing activities and move forward.
Closing everything is not the answer.

rivrbrat

Reaction score
I don’t think the mayor has the power to do that. Windsor state launch stated they have no plan to close the launch ramps.
I didn't think they would close the Bars or restaurants.

This is one more Governor order away from being taken away from us.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
After seeing the pictures of people at 3 Dunes partying like it’s a holiday weekend I can’t support that petition. People are too stupid to stay away from each other and if the rates rise here with our tiny hospital we are fucked. People aren’t taking it serious and therefore they have to keep passing rules.

IMG_8269.jpg

IMG_8268.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
After seeing the pictures of people at 3 Dunes partying like it’s a holiday weekend I can’t support that petition. People are too stupid to stay away from each other and if the rates rise here with out tiny hospital we are fucked. People aren’t taking it serious and therefore they have to keep passing rules.

View attachment 862952
View attachment 862953

it is the few, that are going to close it to the many
pics like this on social media, gives the state, county and city the necessary supporting documentation to close the state parks

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
Its a proven fact that Arizona is two weeks or so behind California in enforcing things. Its coming. Only a matter of time.

ClownRoyal

Reaction score
Steamboat was packed. No spots on the beach and several raft-ups of 3 or more boats. Just a matter when and not if they close the lake. And we now have our first LHC death.

rivrbrat

Reaction score
What happened to this being a free country?
This makes me sick to think all of these otherwise intelligent people are willing to sacrifice there freedom for the possible safety of not getting this virus.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Have at it. Who am I to judge? We went to the grocery store yesterday morning and had to wait in a 10 minute line before getting in the front doors. Once we were in, people we still reaching over each other to grab items off the shelves without a care in the world.

I do not have the 'I told you so' or 'do as I do' attitude. I just treat this situation as if most people are able to affect us and do my best to keep distance.

I just want all this to end and get back to 'normal' life. We are supposed to chill through the month of April... going to be an interesting month here in So Cal :rolleyes:

FishSniper

Reaction score
Have at it. Who am I to judge? We went to the grocery store yesterday morning and had to wait in a 10 minute line before getting in the front doors. Once we were in, people we still reaching over each other to grab items off the shelves without a care in the world.

I do not have the 'I told you so' or 'do as I do' attitude. I just treat this situation as if most people are able to affect us and do my best to keep distance.

I just want all this to end and get back to 'normal' life. We are supposed to chill through the month of April... going to be an interesting month here in So Cal :rolleyes:
They will say till the end of April then once we get closer to then they will then come up with some more “ data” that tells them it should go on through May and they will rinse and repeat. Just like they did with the 15 day directive.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The last thing in the world Im going to do is let a Liar & Thief AKA Politician tell me his going to make me safe by telling to stay at home.

You go boy...

The 1918 H1N1 flu pandemic, sometimes referred to as the “Spanish flu,” killed an estimated 50 million people worldwide, including an estimated 675,000 people in the United States.1,2,3,4 An unusual characteristic of this virus was the high death rate it caused among healthy adults 15 to 34 years of age.3 The pandemic lowered the average life expectancy in the United States by more than 12 years.3 A comparable death rate has not been observed during any of the known flu seasons or pandemics that have occurred either prior to or following the 1918 pandemic.3

Ladsm

Reaction score
Saw that Steamboat was packed, The people who went to Spring Break in Florida are now paying the price and alot the Mardi Gras partiers are heading to the hospital.

Give it a couple more weeks so we dont lose our boating freedom is my vote.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
You go boy...

The 1918 H1N1 flu pandemic, sometimes referred to as the “Spanish flu,” killed an estimated 50 million people worldwide, including an estimated 675,000 people in the United States.1,2,3,4 An unusual characteristic of this virus was the high death rate it caused among healthy adults 15 to 34 years of age.3 The pandemic lowered the average life expectancy in the United States by more than 12 years.3 A comparable death rate has not been observed during any of the known flu seasons or pandemics that have occurred either prior to or following the 1918 pandemic.3
Interesting stuff to read

Advantage 1

Reaction score
They will say till the end of April then once we get closer to then they will then come up with some more “ data” that tells them it should go on through May and they will rinse and repeat. Just like they did with the 15 day directive.

Yea.... I'm already stir crazy. This sucks. Getting out for a long run... that will kill an hour.

rivrbrat

Reaction score
You go boy...

And they still don't have a cure for it? Its called Natural selection like it or not.

Singleton

Reaction score

IMO, they are already trying to do that, with forecasted surges occurring in late April, mid May.
To be honest, I will be over this Safe@Home BS come April 29 (scheduled move into Islander).
Been in a Stay@Home since March 15 (CA statewide March 17). If it is still spreading after 7 weeks, then that is not working.

guest hs

Reaction score
I have been holding back but now I’m going to speak out. For one don’t be surprised this is the last weekend you can boat on Havasu for a while. After going through the Chanel yesterday I was just flabbergasted that you can’t put a boat on the beach but you can bring as many people as you want and sit on the beach and that’s ok. Also seeing some boaters just pull up to the beach and park like they have no clue what’s going on. I can’t count how many boats I saw with large groups of people in them totally disregarding what has been told to them. These are the people that don’t want to listen and will get our lake closed! Wake up people it’s not all about you!

mobldj

Reaction score
What happened to this being a free country?
This makes me sick to think all of these otherwise intelligent people are willing to sacrifice there freedom for the possible safety of not getting this virus.
the catch the virus and die a free man i guess ,right ?

Pelon

Reaction score
I think the weather is going to put this issue to rest for the upcoming week.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
And they still don't have a cure for it? Its called Natural selection like it or not.

Well...

There IS a guy that has been working on a cure for awhile now. But it involves stem cells and DNA programming. Which I'm sure YOU know is frowned upon buy a lot of the powers that be. The guy has cloned almost every organ in his body, and could easily clone the perfect version of himself, if such a thing were allowed. Genetic engineering isn't well accepted, just yet.

Technology, in the back rooms, is far ahead of what we have in the real world.

Maybe this present pandemic is what we need to let it out?? Time will tell on this one.

C-2

Reaction score
My personal take is, if you want to invite a flood of Cali residents to suck up your limited resources, then have it. Seems like a logical thing to do.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Shut it the fuck down.. since I am still working in an essential part of business no one should get to play. All the picture of the dumb fucks gathering and drinking having a good time are the problem. So just shut it the fuck down

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Californians don’t give a fuck about the residents of Havasu. Lake Havasu is their playground, and as long as it’s open, they’ll come to play.
I totally disagree, the locals have gone boating too. No way in hell you can point at any one directly.
The fricken local bars didn't give a shit until forced.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I totally disagree, the locals have gone boating too. No way in hell you can point at any one directly.

Yeah. Went I went into town two weeks ago it was night and day compared to SoCal. In Havasu everyone was at the bar restaurants, etc.... there is a a way to do it responsibly.

So you can go to the store 10 times as much exposing everyone and exchanging germs but I can’t go sit at an empty beach with
My wife and kids... the hypocrisy is crazy.

Plenty of “locals” out and about. The “fuck Californians” is a interesting premise. Most locals are Californians and most business comes from Californian visitors. I just think there is a balance between the two. Isn’t there like 10 fucking agencies patrolling there at times? Why can’t one of them show there face and break these big groups up?

rivrbrat

Reaction score
Well...

There IS a guy that has been working on a cure for awhile now. But it involves stem cells and DNA programming. Which I'm sure YOU know is frowned upon buy a lot of the powers that be. The guy has cloned almost every organ in his body, and could easily clone the perfect version of himself, if such a thing were allowed. Genetic engineering isn't well accepted, just yet.

Technology, in the back rooms, is far ahead of what we have in the real world.

Maybe this present pandemic is what we need to let it out?? Time will tell on this one.

Holy shit got me thinking I need to start a hole other thread with the shit I have learned over the past 6 years..

Image if they could irradiate your lungs and see the virus parasites and nuke them with a laser? Its called a CyberKnife it was successfully used on my Dad the second go round of his cancer treatment.

C-2

Reaction score
So you can go to the store 10 times as much exposing everyone and exchanging germs but I can’t go sit at an empty beach with

No hypocrisy, that's part of the problem too.

It's not as simple as making a bee-line from your residence to the empty beach.

In some instances I'm sure it is. But let's be honest, the majority of people stop for drinks, snacks, ice and fuel, especially when kids are in tow.

Why would you want all those Cali people in your stores, and why would you want to go there after they've been there?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

This.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah. Went I went into town two weeks ago it was night and day compared to SoCal. In Havasu everyone was at the bar restaurants, etc.... there is a a way to do it responsibly.

Plenty of “locals” out and about. The “fuck Californians” is a interesting premise. Most locals are Californians and most business comes from Californian visitors. I just think there is a balance between the two. Isn’t there like 10 fucking agencies patrolling there at times? Why can’t one of them show there face and break these big groups up?

Well put Shockwave Dave.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Well, my attitude is not improving much.
Air BnB next door is back in business apparently.
4 cars in the drive, multiple family units, from drunken karaoke singing adults to little kids with floaters on.
All with CA plates. Been going for a few days now. I had to turn off my motion cameras out front 2 days ago because they come and go so much that their headlights kept setting off my alerts all night.
Gotta go, their pool towels and drinks are blowing into my back yard again off of the wall/ fence.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
4 cars in the drive, multiple family units, from drunken karaoke singing adults to little kids with floaters on.
All with CA plates. Been going for a few days now. I had to turn off my motion cameras out front 2 days ago because they come and go so much that their headlights kept setting off my alerts all night.
Gotta go, their pool towels and drinks are blowing into my back yard again off of the wall/ fence.

Didn't you used to have California Plates?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

That’s got to be one massive pain in the ass of living in Havasu... living next to a serial short term rental property.

rivrbrat

Reaction score
Had to update poll options someone that has to work through this shit called me and told me to fawk off suggested I add an option for them.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
You go boy...

Including President Trump Grandfather.Healthy one day dead the next.Spanish Flu.If you Trump Hater today,his Grandfather will really wad you up:)Successful at everything he did.GoldRush years he provided everything prospectors needed in many mining towns. Later towards the end of his life into building.Young in his 30s.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
That’s got to be one massive pain in the ass of living in Havasu... living next to a serial short term rental property.

It’s usually not so bad. Summertime it’s on the weekends for the most part, boaters primarily.
Seen some nice boats over there last year.

This seems different.

Reactions: DWC