WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Keeping an eye on the Herbst 40 after running out of fuel.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Camping out last weekend at middle point. Towed Ed Herbst in to our camp site. Good old fashioned boating hospitality. He had a good sense of humor when I asked why don't you just call the chopper in? Hahaha He said times are tough so we sold it. We gave him and his tribe a ride to Temple Bar and kept an eye on the 40 over night. Really reminded me of how boating used to be.

IMG_0685.jpg

Raycer

Reaction score
That's rich! He I don't know how many hundreds of gas stations in Vegas he owns. Which always charge a higher price than you can get elsewhere, and he runs out of gas!:yikes

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
That's rich! He I don't know how many hundreds of gas stations in Vegas he owns. Which always charge a higher price than you can get elsewhere, and he runs out of gas!:yikes

He was waiting for a cheaper station...

Really nice group from my experiences with them.

Runs2rch

Reaction score

When I cruised up to them, that's the first thing I said. How many stations do you own??? Hahahaha. Ed was super nice and very appreciative of the help. He even offered up the boat for us to sleep in if we wanted to.

SKIA36

Reaction score
They are the nicest family you will ever meet.
Jerry Herbst owns the stations, the boys company, ETT went BK. The 3 boys are back working for Jerry. ETT is now JETT.(Jerry , Ed, Tim, Troy)

Vegaskeith

Reaction score
I love that Hallett! It's been for sale for at least 2 years!

PrimeCut

Reaction score
Cool!
I towed (side tied) Rick Dale's (American Restoration) houseboat and put him back in his slip last weekend. Hung out with him and his wife Kelly for awhile, cool people. Found the problem with is boat too.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Cool!
I towed (side tied) Rick Dale's (American Restoration) houseboat and put him back in his slip last weekend. Hung out with him and his wife Kelly for awhile, cool people. Found the problem with is boat too.

Right on! His shop used to be in our neighborhood before he moved to Vegas. Super nice guy. Kelly is gorgeous and very sweet. I was surprised at the condition of this boat. Tons of scuffs, scratches and dings. Looks great from a distance. Needs a little white though :D

PrimeCut

Reaction score
Right on! His shop used to be in our neighborhood before he moved to Vegas. Super nice guy. Kelly is gorgeous and very sweet. I was surprised at the condition of this boat. Tons of scuffs, scratches and dings. Looks great from a distance. Needs a little white though :D

I think that was his old one, he bought a new (to him) a couple months ago, I think it's a 65' sommerset or something, beautiful boat. Turned out the impeller went out on the generator, then all power to the helm went off because his 10 6v batteries had no water in them and were bad.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I think that was his old one, he bought a new (to him) a couple months ago, I think it's a 65' sommerset or something, beautiful boat. Turned out the impeller went out on the generator, then all power to the helm went off because his 10 6v batteries had no water in them and were bad.

Rick's boat is clean. I was talking about Ed's 40. The Herbst family colors are a little too red. Nice diag skills btw!

Ryan Mountjoy

Reaction score
Camping out last weekend at middle point. Towed Ed Herbst in to our camp site. Good old fashioned boating hospitality. He had a good sense of humor when I asked why don't you just call the chopper in? Hahaha He said times are tough so we sold it. We gave him and his tribe a ride to Temple Bar and kept an eye on the 40 over night. Really reminded me of how boating used to be.

View attachment 290463
Oh that was you guys yeah i was waiting for ed to return i was going to pull it out of the water. I was out on the boat the day before for an hour told ed we should fill it up he said nah i got plenty of gas lol thanks for the help.