WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kenwood head unit randomly getting a "Miswiring" error.

McGruff38

Reaction score
I just ordered a Kewnwood KMR-M322BT Head unit. Wired it up, everything was working fine. Went to havasu last weekend and it worked great the first day. The second day, it turned off and gave me a "Miswired, check wiring and turn on again". I checked the wiring, everything looked good, then about an hour later, it worked again. Back at home, Im double checking the wiring, and it randomly would give me the error again, then go away. No real rhyme or reason to it. The troubleshooting guide says it is a problem with the speaker wiring (the speaker wires are not hooked up, everything is run through amps). So I disconnected everything but the power wires, still did it randomly. Im about to send this thing back, but I figured I would see if anyone here had any insight to it.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
On the tail of wires that come out the back some of the speaker wires are shorting. They are generally, white, gray, green and purple. They will come from the factory pre-stripped and could easily cause your problem.

You may be able to turn the internal amplifier off on the head unit which could help, or cleanly cutting and taping the wires should take care of it as well.

McGruff38

Reaction score
On the tail of wires that come out the back some of the speaker wires are shorting. They are generally, white, gray, green and purple. They will come from the factory pre-stripped and could easily cause your problem.

You may be able to turn the internal amplifier off on the head unit which could help, or cleanly cutting and taping the wires should take care of it as well.
I have tried seperating the wires coming off of the plug. all the insulation is in good shape. Ill see if I can turn off the internal amp.

McGruff38

Reaction score
Well I may have solved this one. I took the heat sink off the back of the head unit. There was a light layer of corrosion on the board and the connections. I cleaned it off, and it played without any issues for about 30 minutes before I shut it off. Pretty dissapointing for a "marine" grade head unit. :rolleyes: