WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kenwood speakers...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So does someone want to explain to the rest of the class what exactly is going on here?

20200211_115159.jpg

robby dmax

Reaction score
Looks like a broken wire on the inside Of the insulation or bad crimp on the Connector.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Looks like a broken wire on the inside Of the insulation or bad crimp on the Connector.

Yep. That was fun trying to figure out why the new system I just installed wasn't making any noise!!!

:mad:

No continuity though the brand new wiring Kenwood supplied with the speakers. Grrrrrrrrrr.

What's even more interesting was, it was the same way on both positive leads.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Yep. That was fun trying to figure out why the new system I just installed wasn't making any noise!!!

:mad:

No continuity though the brand new wiring Kenwood supplied with the speakers. Grrrrrrrrrr.

What's even more interesting was, it was the same way on both positive leads.

Were these kenwoods purchased on "stereo alley" in DTLA ?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Maybe they were Kens-wood lol. I never use the stock wiring anyways. that shit is usually like 18-20 ga

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Maybe they were Kens-wood lol. I never use the stock wiring anyways. that shit is usually like 18-20 ga

Yep. That's why I just use the ends. So they match what's on the speakers. In this case, that deal was a major fail.

Sounds pretty good now for just running off the head unit! Needs amps and Real speakers. Dad says his son can pay for all that if he wants it...

:p

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Having worked on many wire cutting and terminal splicing machines. I would say the issue is with Quality control.
The reality is, somewhere there is a maintenance worker in charge of keeping those machines dialed in getting his ass chewed out but a pat on the back behind closed doors. Those types of machines are super Focking finicky. The tolerance on the crimping dies is measured in 1/10000

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I had no idea kenwood was in business

Seriously?

Cause I work on classic cars mostly, I usually use Retro Sound head units with Kenwood amps and speakers.

Kenwood makes some bitchen little 5 channel amps that hide well and power a subwoofer nicely.

This is the first time I've had an issue with any of their products. But as someone else said, the wiring is cheap China stuff. I normally throw it away.

Kenwood still makes great products.