WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Keto Diet - Working For Me

Xring01

Reaction score
And the facts are this diet landed me in the hospital.

Yep it may have, it may have exasperated prior health issues you had, due to the stress on the body... Was it the true cause??? Who knows!. Could be.. If thats the case, I guess I better change my plans this weekend, and get to a hospital.

But I am not the only person on this thread, stating/agreeing with 40 plus lbs of weightloss in short period of time...

Count them up if you want... I have repeatly stated for everyone to do there own research, and it may not be for everyone...

milkmoney

Reaction score
When I am eating right , this is the kind of diet I follow and it works great for me ...no health issues, lots of energy ( more than I have now , shocking) ...I like everything I eat following this type of diet.

Only thing that makes me nervous is that i read. That being in ketosis is hard on the organs, long term ....

Now i am just a fat blob ...lol [emoji39][emoji106][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
I'm with you Xring...Naysayers there are..let me tell you my story as quick as I can...My Doc...I went in for physical this year..down 21lbs from last year..he was thrilled..asked me how?? Keto I says...his response was blah.(Bicycle rider..weighs 148lbs) Me says.."you don't like Keto?"..He says to me he just got back from a nutrition seminar..he says I haven't lived till I've been around 50 doctors...every diet was discussed in depth..and the KETO diet was one of them...and of course you could find naysayers and flag wavers...he was on the fence...after four days in this seminar..the head dude Dr got up to close the meeting and came to this summation.."Any diet that gets the obesity level in this country down should probably be endorsed by the AMA...because the benefit of the weight loss far outweighs the downside of most mainstream diets...He then got my blood results back and was thrilled with my progress. I'm one that switched right over and went all in on day one..back in June 2018...but I had 0 side effects...no flu, no headaches..just energy and no joint pain and here's the BIGGIE for me...I had an itchy butthole my whole adult life...Years and years of nightly discomfort..(yes baring my soul here)...it was almost intolerable..and I had horrible yellow toenails...embarrassing to say the least. Two weeks into the diet plan...GONE with itchy ass..GONE I say. I almost cried because the relief was SOOOO good...two months later I look down at my toenails and fresh clear growth...awesome..FRICKEN awesome...This is a lifestyle for my wife and I..I'm 66 and I never see going back...Thanks for reading.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Yep it may have, it may have exasperated prior health issues you had, due to the stress on the body... Was it the true cause??? Who knows!. Could be.. If thats the case, I guess I better change my plans this weekend, and get to a hospital.

But I am not the only person on this thread, stating/agreeing with 40 plus lbs of weightloss in short period of time...

Count them up if you want... I have repeatly stated for everyone to do there own research, and it may not be for everyone...
I'm curious how many people on the Keto Diet have actually had extensive blood work done while doing it...I have and can post the results. My guess is not many have.

Also you guys losing 35-65 lbs. in 2-3 months think that's a good thing? It's just not healthy to have big swings either way.

One more thing...I wonder how many of you are actually in ketosis? How many of you pee on strips to check?

braindead

Reaction score
For Every Dr... that says one thing... You can find another Dr. who disagrees.
For every Lawyer that says one thing... you can find another who disagrees...

People will believe what they want to believe... Including the Anti Vaxers.. No matter how much data you show them.. they will not change their minds....Mumps and Measles on coming back... Or just take a look at Politics : Democrats/Republicans.. But this is not the direction I hoping this thread would go!

Most people who try to lose weight, are not successful on the first try... most likely not on the second try... including me, many many try's/failures...

So when I say, this is something that is working for me.... nothing more... it may work for others...

Naysayers will Naysay all they want.. but that does not change the facts.
Fact 1.. been on this diet since about Jan 5th 2019
Fact 2.. I have lost over 40 lbs... (yep lost 2 more pounds in the last day or two and I wasnt even trying)
Fact 3.. Its the easiest diet I have tried... (Saying that.. it may be impossible for others)
Fact 4.. This is the best I have felt in over 10 years... (Remember I have had 7 ankle surgerys, took more drugs/cortisone injections, pain than I care to admit).
Fact 5.. I have done zero cardio exercises...

There are alot of success story's out there.. I am sure there are alot of failure story's out there...

Do your own research.. if you think you want try it,,, stage in slowly... (or if you huge balls.. just go all in.. right away.. but you will have a miserable 2 weeks ahead of you (Ask me how I know)
Below is what I would recommend to someone just starting...
Week one.. Cutting out sugars, I think this will be the hardest for most.. for me, I cut out most sugar years ago...
Week Two... cutting out breads/pastas/rice/white foods/starches/corn (corn is processed in your body as fast as sugar... therefore can cause insulin spikes)
Week Three... reduce alcohol intake... limit to only Red Wine/Hard Liquor,, but in moderation... maybe a few drinks a week.. not a night..., stop eating after 6 or 7pm.. nothing...
Week Four... full blown Keto diet...- watch a bunch of youtube videos recommended in the above posts...
Week five or 6... add in intermittent fasting... only eat between 1pm and 7pm... nothing before, nothing after.... (weight drops off real fast when you do this)

I know this sounds very difficult for the most of you... After a few months you dont really get hungry anymore...
Food Cravings disappear for the most part.
You have more energy, feel alot better...
Clear mind,
Cloths start fitting really really lose...
Carb Reload days are recommended every couple of weeks... CHEAT: Enjoy yourself, pat your self on the back for job well done., eat a meal you want.. next day.. get back to it...

There are some con's to this.
Sleep can be difficult at time: I am learning to eat a hand full of fresh Blackberry's, or blueberry's right before I go to bed..( I do not recommend this for people that are just getting started, because it could cause food cravings)..
From what I have learned, That small amount of sugar, releases triptofans (spelling) in your liver.. helps me sleep. I do not like to take any drugs, including sleeping pills....
Yes that small amount of sugar, kicks you out of Ketosis for a few hours, but you sleep alot better...
Another key Con: You will become a light weight when it comes to drinking. Because you dont have much food in your system to absorb the alcohol, you get drunk alot faster.. and are prone to hangovers... at least thats my experience....

Yesterday...
Lunch at 1pm with customers: Pt Loma Seafood, I had Shrimp/Crab Cocktail and Ceviche no chips...
Snack at 4pm Pickle/a few carrots
Dinner: BBQ - Lemon Pepper Garlic Salmon with Asparagus.. with a Glass of Pinot Nior...

Woke up this AM... probably down 1.5-2lbs... Lowest weight I have been for over 10 years...

Today-
Lunch - most likely eat around noonish, something quick... lettuce wrap burger and Ice tea..
Dinner - who knows... maybe a Taco Salad... that sounds good.

Last thing:
Gym: My gym routine is really basic
30-45mins of Biceps/Triceps/Chest/Back/Lats/Legs etc.. started real slow and light weights... then I go into a heat sauna for 30 mins... sweat like a pig.. I can say the sauna has any effect on keto diet... but its something I enjoy doing and may be helping me... MAY.....

THE LONGER YOU ARE ON THE DIET THE EASIER IT GETS!

I am not even trying/stressing anymore about it...Its becoming daily life...
THe better I feel, the more I want to keep doing it...
Like I have said many times: Its working for me.

Grads, read the information that's given, don't go making shit up just because u had a negative reaction to something that's worked for others.

He started the diet on Jan 5th and to this day has lost over 40 lbs, get you're smarter then u phone out and do the math, 40lbs divided by 4 months is 10lbs a month +/-

GRADS

Reaction score
What did your doctor say when you asked them if it was a good idea to try keto?
I actually went to a Doctor that was a dietician and she said she would never suggest doing Keto unless you are under a doctors supervision because of all the supplements, vitamins and blood tests you will need.

Xring01

Reaction score
I'm curious how many people on the Keto Diet have actually had extensive blood work done while doing it...I have and can post the results. My guess is not many have.

Also you guys losing 35-65 lbs. in 2-3 months think that's a good thing? It's just not healthy to have big swings either way.

One more thing...I wonder how many of you are actually in ketosis? How many of you pee on strips to check?

Several have posted on there blood work. With Amazing Results.
I have not done it.. why.. I am not a Dr. kind of guy... I use them when its the last resort.
I have probably had more bad Dr. in my life than most... frankly I dont trust the bastards for the most part.
A key reason why I have had 7 ankle surgerys is because of bad DR's... But thats my story... others ARE ENTITLED TO THERES.

Yes, I have used the strips.. I have ran out of them.. no longer need them. I know I am in ketosis by my mental clarity, tastes in my mouth and other things. Just have to learn your body....

Yes.. you can go to deep into Ketosis.. If I dont pay attention.. I will get way deep... and can lose a lb a day.. WHICH IS THE REASON I HAVE REPEATLY STATED I HAVE SLOWED IT DOWN... you have an ability to pick and choose some things, but not truly read the entire thread... Before you ask me anymore questions... Please start from the top of this thread and re read everything I have posted.. Because I doubt the majority want me to repeat everything for the fourth time.

Why cant you accept it may work for some people...
There is proof on this thread that it has worked for many....

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
A little less than two years ago I was diagnosed as Type-2, weight was at a perfect bowling score and A1C was 15.3. Doctor gave me three prescriptions and sent me away, no other advice. After a week on Glipizide my vision was pretty screwed up and the heavy dosage of Metformin had given me a perpetual case of the squirts. Googled a bit and decided that diet change was needed. Settled in on a diet that seems fairly close to what's being described in this thread. I've lost 75lbs now (for reference I'm 6'-4"), most of it in the first 4 months or so, and am down to a very mild dosage of Metformin so that I can cheat a bit on my diet. My last A1C was at 5.8 which is just fine for someone my age (64) according to the doc. Since I do 90% of the cooking at home my wife has lost weight as well. I'm sure that if I worked out a bit more and cut back on the cheats I could drop the Metformin altogether.

I watch friends eat and drink, then take their blood sugar and inject themselves with their insulin. I preach to them about diet as they pound down the rum & Cokes while munching on a bag of potato chips. For me, at least, it was just too easy to modify the diet, plus I hate needles no matter how they're disguised. I haven't taken my blood sugar in a year and just rely upon the A1C results. After taking the sugar levels for six months I had a pretty good handle on what my diet needed to be and have stayed with it. Never realized it was pseudo-keto.

GRADS

Reaction score
Several have posted on there blood work.
Really? Because I've seen people say they've had blood work done but have not seen any actual results other than what I posted. I want to see some real before and after results. Proof.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Really? Because I've seen people say they've had blood work done but have not seen any actual results other than what I posted. I want to see some real before and after results. Proof.
Why... it didn't work for you . I am sure yore doctor can send you down the right path for a diet to fit yore needs....

This world would be a better place if everyone worried about themselves.

Xring01

Reaction score
I'm with you Xring...Naysayers there are..let me tell you my story as quick as I can...My Doc...I went in for physical this year..down 21lbs from last year..he was thrilled..asked me how?? Keto I says...his response was blah.(Bicycle rider..weighs 148lbs) Me says.."you don't like Keto?"..He says to me he just got back from a nutrition seminar..he says I haven't lived till I've been around 50 doctors...every diet was discussed in depth..and the KETO diet was one of them...and of course you could find naysayers and flag wavers...he was on the fence...after four days in this seminar..the head dude Dr got up to close the meeting and came to this summation.."Any diet that gets the obesity level in this country down should probably be endorsed by the AMA...because the benefit of the weight loss far outweighs the downside of most mainstream diets...He then got my blood results back and was thrilled with my progress. I'm one that switched right over and went all in on day one..back in June 2018...but I had 0 side effects...no flu, no headaches..just energy and no joint pain and here's the BIGGIE for me...I had an itchy butthole my whole adult life...Years and years of nightly discomfort..(yes baring my soul here)...it was almost intolerable..and I had horrible yellow toenails...embarrassing to say the least. Two weeks into the diet plan...GONE with itchy ass..GONE I say. I almost cried because the relief was SOOOO good...two months later I look down at my toenails and fresh clear growth...awesome..FRICKEN awesome...This is a lifestyle for my wife and I..I'm 66 and I never see going back...Thanks for reading.

Grads...
Not everyone on this board/thread is here for your beck and call.
Just because you ask a question, doesnt mean people should drop what there doing to give you what you want..

GROW UP... This is a public thread, about sharing info... Take what you can get.. if it doesnt apply, then forget about it and move the fuck on.

GRADS

Reaction score
GROW UP... This is a public thread, about sharing info... Take what you can get.. if it doesnt apply, then forget about it and move the fuck on.
So I'm a bad guy now for sharing my experience and showing a counterpoint?:rolleyes: I think people would appreciate knowing there is some risk to this fad diet.

Xring01

Reaction score
Grads...
Not everyone on this board/thread is here for your beck and call.
Just because you ask a question, doesnt mean people should drop what there doing to give you what you want..

GROW UP... Demanding Proof on forum... This is a public thread, about sharing info... Take what you can get.. if it doesnt apply, then forget about it and move the fuck on.

Xring01

Reaction score
Grads..
Seriously....

Who in the hell demands proof...
People are sharing... some of the things you share are welcomed... but there is a time to drop it, and not dig a hole deeper...

I created a seperate thread for a PURPOSE... I have politely addressed most of your concerns!..

A simple fact remains.. YOU REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT THIS MAY WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE....

Until that changes, why should anyone waste any more time with your relentless demands????

I accept the fact you are Democrat.. That you have different thoughts on things.. Backed you up on the investment thread... People are allowed to have different opinions...

Learn something in life: There is a reason why you have two ears/two eyes and one mouth....

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
Grads I have all the blood results you need...three complete blood make ups since June of 18. My wife..who is not in it for weight loss...has had very positive results also. My weight loss has been slower. Started in June at 226 and now I'm 202..so not that dramatic (which I prefer)..and he's right, I'm not trying to prove it to you or anybody else..I don't lie. And I care greatly about my health..as I age it becomes very important because your buddy gave us one hell of a health care upgrade.

Last edited:

Dirtbag

Reaction score
a week in and im finding the diet very easy to follow. Cant find enough fat to eat...i hate fat anyway. But cutting out all the carbs has been really easy........but going to desert storm week tomorrow with no beer.......fml

Xring01

Reaction score
a week in and im finding the diet very easy to follow. Cant find enough fat to eat...i hate fat anyway. But cutting out all the carbs has been really easy........but going to desert storm week tomorrow with no beer.......fml

Moderation::: If your gonna drink.. I recommend Red Wine and Bourbon on the rocks., or any hard stuff... I stay away from White Wine, Beer or mixers...
Alcohol will kick you out of ketosis from what I have read... and how my body reacts.

The reason is: The liver will prioritize the alcohol in your system... not the other things.... That doesnt mean you will gain weight... means you wont be burning fat during the time the alcohol is in your system.... so you wont be losing weight...

Since you have only been on this for one week... If you drink a bit to much.. you will most likely have severe cravings for junk food... (ask me how I know)... Go to the grocery store and get some Atkins bars that you like. (keep those handy)..

Eat those, when the cravings kicks in, or you will most likely dive into the junk food, like I did.

Key thing I mentioned earlier... Because you wont have much food in your belly.. The alcohol will get processed in your system alot faster, meaning you will get drunk faster...

Thats my thoughts on it...

Last edited:

Spot

Reaction score
Wow... Xring01, sorry if I took your thread off in a different direction. Definitely not my intent, I think you are doing awesome. Best of luck friend, if we every meet I will buy the first round.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

I have....my bloodwork is coming back far better. 6 months ago I was looking at High BP, medications, taking pain pills like skittles, constantly tired, drinking energy drinks like soda, you name it. Basically my Primary sat me down and said he wasn't sure of Meds would keep me alive and I needed to make a lifestyle change ASAP. My Dr is anti Keto but told me to continue what I am doing as it IS working. I do a more modified Keto though as I do drink (albeit substantially less) and do cheat on the diet quite often. Today marked 20lbs down since January.

AS I have said since day one its NOT for everyone and you MUST listen to your body as you are altering the chemistry of your body when you do something this drastic.

Floatin'

Lurker Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to transition from KETO to Carnivore. I have old sports injury pain. Anecdotal evidence shows that going full Carnivore can possibly eliminate joint pain. Committing to 2 months. May 1 to July 1

Xring01

Reaction score
Another update:

Per my above comments... I slowed down on weight loss, for several reasons: Wedding to attend/Vacation, losing to fast, etc etc.

About 4 weeks ago, as I posted the last update, I started getting a chest cold... (which I got from one of my customers). Nothing to serious for the first week, but it just kept getting worse, and worse. About 10 days into it, I am literally coughing up 8-10 fried eggs that green and brown before lunch. Then oysters size ones the rest of the day.

I head to Texas to a wedding/vacation for one week. Sick as hell, coughing shit up then entire time.. (Didnt even think about the Keto Diet), ate Cake, drank beer, had carbs I normally wouldnt have.

Realize I probably now have bronchitis, when I got home, No energy, still sick, and one week behind in work...

To shorten what could be a very long lesson...

THe last month, I really and truly have not been focused on the Keto diet. Being sick/traveling/weddings etc...

In the last few days, I have finally started to feel better....(that chest cold kicked my ass).

Probably lost about 1-2 lbs ish in last 30 days... down a total of 42 lbs... my waist is smaller than it was 30 days ago, probably by an inch. ( I have not hit the gym as I would like, but doing alot of back yard chores....)

Today is the day, Time to focus on losing 10lbs in the next 4 weeks.. Hopefully no more, and no less..

Whats my plan to achieve that:
Keto and Intermittent fasting. I will probably eat my first meal of the day around 2pm... and my last around 7pm, with a small snack (pickle spear- I love pickles as a snack)... before I go to bed.

Several of you guys mentioned you where going to start Keto diet... please posts some updates... and let me know if you want more updates from me.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Still doing good on the super low carb diet, I’m down 50 lbs since January 5. The weight is coming off much slower now. Some weeks I’ll even gain a pound or two, then the next week I’ll lose 4 pounds not doing anything different. I feel good what I’ve done, I’ve gone from a very tight 36” waist to a loose 33” waist, not yet a 32”. I’m back down to large T-shirts from 2XL. People who haven’t seen me in awhile tell me I’m really looking good (healthy), and my wife can’t keep her hands off of me. I’ve done my cheat meals here and there, but this method has been working for me. About another 12 lbs to hit my goal weight, if it keeps going, all the better, I’m sure my body taper off when I hit that point.

Last edited:

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Well for one i am glad you started this thread. i read it and thought its time for me to do something. then i went to a bar and didnt care. well at Desert storm i was really feeling the weight and not happy about it. then seeing a couple of pictures of me from that weekend really made me decide it was time for a change, I might not be doing everything correct but have stopped drinking for the most part ( it turns out it is way harder than i thought but getting easier ) and have really cut down on the carbs. the good is that since Desert storm i have dropped almost 20 lbs. since i am a big guy 6'4" i dont think it even shows but at least i'm going the right direction.

Now it is back to the gym and have hired a trainer.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My overall weight loss is near 100 but that was over a couple years total, majority of the loss in second year when I focused on keto.
All my bloodwork has had positive results plus doc took me off the "statins" completely.
My wifes triglycerides went to less than half of what they were.
Now we are more in a maintenance mode and not full-on keto.

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Since January I have focused on Keto as well as use products from Pruvit. I like the Pruvit stuff as it gives me a little extra kick in the ass of energy. (I have very slow metabolism)

I test my blood once a week and have not been out of Ketosis since starting the behavior modifications. Total weight loss so far is 35. Yesterday I stated my monthly 60 hour fast and anticipate hitting a huge personal milestone by end of the week. I haven't weight less then 200 for over 35 years, I am hopeful this is the week.

I used to have strong cravings for all the wrong foods. This past week I spent 5 days on a house boat with friends and family, all where eating the stuff I used to crave and enjoy. I had absolutely no desire to participate, matter of fact i would rather starve then eat some of the stuff they where eating.

Bottom line is we have all been programmed to eat the wrong foods that add to Big corporations bottom lines. Once you can break that and reprogram the brain to eat the way nature intended you will be successful.

Xring01 thanks for sharing your experience, all the best to you in your quest for the next belt hole.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Isn’t there a problem with a Keto diet and persons with kidney problems?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Since January I have focused on Keto as well as use products from Pruvit. I like the Pruvit stuff as it gives me a little extra kick in the ass of energy. (I have very slow metabolism)

I test my blood once a week and have not been out of Ketosis since starting the behavior modifications. Total weight loss so far is 35. Yesterday I stated my monthly 60 hour fast and anticipate hitting a huge personal milestone by end of the week. I haven't weight less then 200 for over 35 years, I am hopeful this is the week.

I used to have strong cravings for all the wrong foods. This past week I spent 5 days on a house boat with friends and family, all where eating the stuff I used to crave and enjoy. I had absolutely no desire to participate, matter of fact i would rather starve then eat some of the stuff they where eating.

Bottom line is we have all been programmed to eat the wrong foods that add to Big corporations bottom lines. Once you can break that and reprogram the brain to eat the way nature intended you will be successful.

Xring01 thanks for sharing your experience, all the best to you in your quest for the next belt hole.
Essentially that's how I try to do it. I'll visualize how we were put on the earth and what food sources were put there for us in their natural state. Certainly not 100% perfect but as good as we can do in todays world.

Xring01

Reaction score
Love the updates... thanks for posting.

Like several of you, I no longer crave foods that I used love...even when I eat carbs, i regret eating them after, because I really didnt enjoy them like I used to., easy to avoid it now...

Alcohol.. i used to drink way to much..

Now, I drink once maybe twice a week. At the most, 6 drinks with buddys over 6 hrs or more is extremely rare now a days.. desire is no longer there..

A glass of wine or two with dinner, twice a keek is my new norm...

Or nice glass of bourbon on the rocks... save those for stressful days, so i can sleep, instead of worrying about work all night..

I had a Farmer Boys chef salad for lunch just now.. so today has been a good day so far...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

That’s the key right there.
Healthy diet is a lifestyle choice, as is knowing what you’re feeding your body.

If you change your lifestyle, then things like “cheat days” don’t exist, and you don’t crave them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I have a little update:
I had labs done last week, they took 4 vials of blood and a cup of urine from me and my Dr. and I were very happy with the 2 pages of results, my A1C is down to 5.6 from a high of 8.6! (my Dr. wanted me under 7.0). I do need to come up a bit on my Vitamin D and my HDL is also a little low, other than that I'm doing great. My BP is now 115/69 which was 152/83 last October, I have an appointment coming up with my Dr. so we can discuss reducing and or taking me off meds I'm currently on.
My weight continues to go down slowly and my activity level is increasing along with my energy. Same can be said for my wife, this way of eating has really helped us. The only draw back is we have to keep buying smaller clothes along with cutting of excess leather off my belt and punching in new holes.

Xring01

Reaction score
Well time for another update:
In life, if its not one thing, its another...

As I mentioned on other threads, I have had back pains on/off for a few years now.

FInally getting a handle on whats causing it... bulging disc in L5 area, that's pushing on a nerve. I was literally walking crooked from the waist up for over a week. My upper body was at 30 degree tilt to the right, all the muscles on my left lower back was jacked up and spasming... Several rounds with Chiropractor and some exercises, decompression etc etc... I am no longer crooked, but still have the occasional twinge of pain.. which suxs.

THerefore I was not fully focused on Keto for the last 10 days, if you recall, I had nasty cold prior to that..

With all that, I have still managed to lose another inch to inch and half off my waist, and at least 3 more lbs, maybe more. I weighed myself after I had eaten lunch and drank big bottle of water.

Total weight loss of 43 lbs minimum, which means I am close to being on track since my last update/goal of 10lbs in the next 30 days...

So my goal is another 7 lbs by Jun 20th. Will do my best to maintain about 10lbs a month, unless I start getting to flabby.

Overall I am quite happy so far.. Even the cloths that I bought 6 weeks ago, are way big. I bought a new belt 6 weeks ago, and it only has 2 notches left in it, before I will have to punch holes in it.

With all the traveling, health issues, vacations, work, life etc... Its not all the hard for me to stick to this diet. The longer I am on it, the easier it gets. As I have stated, I purposely eat things I know I shouldn't, because I don't want to drop weight to fast. I didn't feel guilty the other day when I ordered a Meatball Sandwich last week when a good friend was in town. I will admit, it did taste great.

Menu -
Breakfast - Lots of Vitamens & Coffee, in the past I put butter in the coffee, I havent dont that in awhile. Google bullet proof coffee.
Lunchs/Dinners - Salads with protein on top, stir frys (no sugar in the sauce), meats/veggies, lettuce wrapped hamburgers
Lunch on Sunday @ about 2pm ish- was sliced turkey/salami/cheddar cheese, few olives, pickle, sliced tomatoe and few other things.
Dinner Sunday - was Carne Asada cooked over charcoal/mesquite... chopped up and put on top of salad, with fresh salsa as dressing..
Snacks - Pickles, Carrots, Olives, Cheese, Sliced Tomatoes, cucumbers, jerky (least amount of sugar), deli meats etc...

Again, intermittent fasting really helps me. Last week I literally forgot to eat lunch, didn't realize it until dinner time.

Today, I was in a hurry... a friend/employee of mine had his first baby over the weekend. So lunch time I was planning to drop off some flowers/balloons at the hospital.. So I dont have alot of time for lunch, drove to Albertsons, grabbed 12 hot wings at the deli for my lunch, bottle of water, flowers, balloons etc, and went to the hospital.. Ate the wings/water in the parking lot before I went into the hospital.

I know Keto diet sounds pretty tough, it really isn't... at least for me... Make sure you take appropriate vitamens, get plenty of salt, BTW I am not a fan of salt, which is why I eat sliced tomatoes, one of the few things that I like that I put salt on.

Energy Level continues to go up. Even with a bad back, I managed to re landscape my backyard, with 8-9 yards of rock, 15-16 yards of DG, Mini Vineyard 30 Cab Sav Plants, and 4 mounds of succulents...

Lots of you have been on it.. I would love to hear some updates from you?

Last edited:

1rvrryd

Reaction score
Just received my Pruvit Reboot kit to get that jump start back on the Keto Wagon. Starts June 16th.

Xring01

Reaction score
Looks like I mis spoke above..

Reason is, when I stated that I have lost 43lbs total, I had weighed myself after I had lunch and big bottle of water...

This AM, I jumped on the scale and I am officially down 46lbs...

Which means I am well into my goal of 10lbs in 30 days which expires on Jun 20th..

I know I can easy achieve that, now I am questioning if I should raise the goal to 15lbs by Jun 20th... which would be 9lbs in 2 weeks ish... ummm, thinking here...

Scratch that, lets stick to the original plan... I dont want to lose to much to fast...

Patting myself on the back this am...

1rvrryd:
the beginning of the journey is the most difficult part. Adjustment phase, bad habits, cravings etc. Thats not easy... do your best every day, and try to do better than the day before. You will make mistakes, dont beat your self up over it.

For the first 3-4 weeks, dont even worry if you losing weight or not, focus on creating new habits, diet, nutrition, vitamens. Once you get those things down, dropping weight gets real easy. At least it has for me. You should notice an increase in energy/brain boost. Use that energy for physical fitness. What ever you can do.. walks, gym, gardening, cleaning the garage.. whatever...

To remind everyone, I have lost all this weight with zero cardio work... I mean zero. Yes I go to the gym.. weights and heat sauna... my ankles are thrashed, from to many years of football, motorcycles, and not listening to surgeons... Cardio is still out of the picture for me... Last thing I want to do is go get more cortizone injections, or worse...

1rvrryd

Reaction score
Looks like I mis spoke above..

Reason is, when I stated that I have lost 43lbs total, I had weighed myself after I had lunch and big bottle of water...

This AM, I jumped on the scale and I am officially down 46lbs...

Which means I am well into my goal of 10lbs in 30 days which expires on Jun 20th..

I know I can easy achieve that, now I am questioning if I should raise the goal to 15lbs by Jun 20th... which would be 9lbs in 2 weeks ish... ummm, thinking here...

Scratch that, lets stick to the original plan... I dont want to lose to much to fast...

Patting myself on the back this am...

1rvrryd:
the beginning of the journey is the most difficult part. Adjustment phase, bad habits, cravings etc. Thats not easy... do your best every day, and try to do better than the day before. You will make mistakes, dont beat your self up over it.

For the first 3-4 weeks, dont even worry if you losing weight or not, focus on creating new habits, diet, nutrition, vitamens. Once you get those things down, dropping weight gets real easy. At least it has for me. You should notice an increase in energy/brain boost. Use that energy for physical fitness. What ever you can do.. walks, gym, gardening, cleaning the garage.. whatever...

To remind everyone, I have lost all this weight with zero cardio work... I mean zero. Yes I go to the gym.. weights and heat sauna... my ankles are thrashed, from to many years of football, motorcycles, and not listening to surgeons... Cardio is still out of the picture for me... Last thing I want to do is go get more cortizone injections, or worse...
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm actually getting back into it as last fall/winter I dropped 35lbs. This winter our daughter was born, major life event, so now I'm getting back to bettering myself to drop the 10 gained back plus another 15 to get to a total of 50lbs down from when I began last August. I too lost it without a change in physical activity, and will add cardio in this go around.

HSR

Reaction score
I’m down almost 20 lbs in around 2 months. Keto-ish and not drinking. I try not to exceed 40 carbs per day. I have one cheat day a week to satisfy my cravings. No breakfast(never have), light lunch or snacks, and dinner is steak, chicken, pork or fish, a big salad and a veggie like broccoli covered in cheese.

Two things I’ve learned-
1. Melting cheese on parchment paper in the shape of a tortilla then hanging it from a wooden spoon to cool and harden makes amazing taco shells that don’t seem like they should be part of any diet.
2. For a quick lunch on the go I’ve stopped in circle k or similar and bought hot dogs. It’s a pretty gay feeling driving down the road eating a big hotdog bare handed without the bun.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I stalled out on my weight loss a little but after re-calculating my carb/fat/calorie and salt intake and I began taking MCT oil twice a day, I am back on track. I also invested in one of these after almost slicing my hand open using a knife to add new holes in my belt.
10U132_AW01.jpg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think my wife and I are gonna give the Keto a try after we get moved to Tucson. We both want drop about 30 lbs and it really doesn't sound like it's too much if a dietary change. I just know if we tried to start now before the move and with all this craziness going on, it's pretty likely to fail.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Crazy how reading this thread can be so motivating. I read this back in April, as I have also read the weight loss challenge for the last few years and done nothing. Believe me, I have plenty of excuses, however the biggest one, graveyard, has recently ended and i'm ready to do something about it. Currently 5'11" and 244. Consistently in the 240's for the last few years which is definitely way too much and if I want to live a long life and enjoy my family, things have got to change.

The wife has been pushing me for health reasons and honestly, she is smoking hot and in great shape and I am thankful that she still thinks I am....at least i think so! My goal is to read this thread everyday to help me kick my unhealthy habits.

Its been 2 days so far....eggs in the morning, salad and a pork chop for lunch, and chicken and chicharones for dinner. I have also been doing 30 mins of cardio a day at lunch. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you for all of the good information and motivating stories.:)

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I started keto a week before Desert Storm. Not because I was over weight (I'm 5'10" and 175/180) but because I wanted to gain strength and endurance for firefighting (wildland fires in the heat of summer can kick your butt!).

I went down to Vegas and stayed at a buddy's place that has been doing it for a while with great results. Then, down in Havasu we met up with another buddy that has also been on it. This guy is a monster and doesn't lift weights, just diet and exercise so that was a big motivation.

Right after DS I drove to CO and keto flu hit me. Had to drive home so cheated a bit as I didn't want to drive 1,000 miles feeling like shit. When I got home I resumed the diet.

I quit drinking a few years ago. That in itself was difficult not just because I liked it but socially too. Why do people want to give you a hard time when you tel them you no longer drink? They act like you have personally insulted them or something. :mad: I also gave up soda's and most sweets some time ago. Haven't had coffee in over 20 years.

The hardest things to give up were french fries, pizza, sushi (rice), and pasta.

I don't own a scale so can't tell if I've lost weight but have lost belly fat. I haven't gotten the energy boost thing yet but I wake up about 4AM and am ready to go. When I was still working in construction I'd get up at 3AM anyway so I'm used to being up early.

I eat 3 eggs with turkey sausage, tomatoes, broccoli and avocado for breakfast.
Lunch is spinach/lettuce salad with turkey or chicken and balsamic vinegar for dressing.
Dinner is usually chicken and veggie stir fry.
I eat the same stuff pretty much every day unless I go out to see friends. One of my issues is I live about 35 miles from the nearest grocery store. That makes it difficult to eat fresh veggies because I don't want to have to go to town every few days. I plan on building some raised garden beds so I can grow my own. I also have a greenhouse on my property so hope to be able to grow all year around.

I would like to get some variety in my dinner meals. Breakfast and lunch are okay but I'm getting sick of chicken and veggies. I guess I can buy red meat or fish and freeze it.

Everyone says your appetite will decrease but that hasn't happened. I seem to be hungry all the time! I've always had a high metabolism rate and was skinny most of my life. I used to have to eat every few hours or I would get "hangry", lightheaded and feel like shit. I still am experiencing this so looking for good snack ideas.

Overall, I'm not sure if this is for me yet but will stick with it. I have not seen any real positive results yet. I will be doing more research on some of the info provided here but am a little concerned about potential side effects. I'm going to the fire station tomorrow and check my blood sugar. Should have done that before I started to get a baseline.

Xring01

Reaction score
Well, I guess I have good news.
Another notch in the new belt.... I have one notch left, until I break out the drill... WOW..

I am officially down 50lbs... I seriously nocked out last 4lbs in a few days, like it was nothing...

Now I am back to thinking, am I losing it to fast, or just accept it, and stay on track drop it while I can...

Yesterday Menu - Coffee AM, lunch @ 1pm was a Chicken Tostada Salad with fresh salsa on top, ( i did not eat the tostada, only a few beans) dinner 6pm happened to be a Taco Salad with Salsa on top. No I didnt plan it that way... a few snacks before dinner, like a pickle, beef stick, no food/snacks after dinner.. I had a complete bottle of home made wine I make yesterday with dinner and after watching hocky. That obviously had little to no impact on my weight loss... Drinking, that was probably the first drink I had in 10 days ish... So I am not doing that regular.

I am serious, this is working very very well for me, I truly believe that it can help alot of you. Keto is not for everyone, but I am not joking how easy this is right now. It didnt start out easy, now, holy crap, I am doing my best to slow down the weight loss, and not let it come off to fast... Who would have ever thought that would be a fat guys problem. o_O

I know I cant stay at this pace, I know as my body fat percentage goes down, weight loss rate will also go down.

But I am truly not killing my self, or starving myself, or feel deprived... food cravings are pretty much gone...

Anyway, if you guys keep posting, I will keep updating... wishing all of you success, and please let me know if you need any advice or have any questions.

Last edited:

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
My wife and I have been doing Keto as well for several months. In 14 weeks I’m down 25lbs from 263 to 238 today. Keep in mind I’m 30YO and 6’2” and fairly athletic, I do workout with weights 3 times a week but cardio only on sundays with my weekly basketball group. Loving it so far and don’t crave sugar or carbs anymore either. Need to get a physical and blood work done after I hit my goal which is about 225LBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk