WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

King of the hammers qualifications

BingerFang

Reaction score
The drone live feed is a game changer....... holy smokes

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I've been to this even a couple times, and I love the comfy office and live stream! LOL, but I miss the dirt,snow,wind,rain,noise,assholes.... can't wait to go again in person!

rightytighty

Reaction score
My son and his roommate from school are driving down from Flagstaff tonight. They’re meeting other buddy driving out from CSULB.
sleeping in the beds of trucks under tonneau covers. I had no clue they were going until text over the weekend.
Love the fact college kids are heading out for my idea of fun!!!

SOD

Reaction score
The drone live feed is a game changer....... holy smokes
Was out last weekend and heading out this afternoon. Watching the drones and helos fly and film nearly rivals the action on the ground. The helos couldn't keep up with the race trucks in the flats.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I need to go to this place...
Can ams pretty much swept it. There are some sections I wouldnt take a slow cruise through. Impressive footage

Taboma

Reaction score
In the past I've always enjoyed viewing the live videos from KOH. Two days this week I tried to view the live videos, sat here for what felt like an eternity and all I saw was one advertisement after another. Gave up and went on with my day.
So how much advertising must I endure to finally see the live feed ? I'd like to watch it, but not so much as to pay for it.

riverroyal

Reaction score
In the past I've always enjoyed viewing the live videos from KOH. Two days this week I tried to view the live videos, sat here for what felt like an eternity and all I saw was one advertisement after another. Gave up and went on with my day.
So how much advertising must I endure to finally see the live feed ? I'd like to watch it, but not so much as to pay for it.
minimal. actually Ive seen 1?

Taboma

Reaction score
minimal. actually Ive seen 1?
Maybe my timing has been bad ?? Hasn't been like this in the past, only the last two days when I've tried to tune in --- I'll try again, any racing or qualifying going on currently ??

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm always a little apprehensive going somewhere for the first time. Especially when it comes to trying to find a place to camp at a packed event. We rolled in around 4:00 PM Wednesday. Went through the gate, was $40 for the event and $25 to camp. As soon as I crossed the bridge I banged a left and was able to find a nice spot (there was only three motorhomes with us) about a couple hundred yards down. Set up camp and went out for a quick ride to get a feel for the event. Crazy amount of money and serious rigs to see out there :eek: .

I had just camped out there for New Years and even though there was a shit ton of people there for New Years, this had a entirely different vibe to it. The camp area was rather mellow at night, unlike new years where it was a shit show. Most people at KOH tended to head out to the big destinations (back door, chocolate thunder, ect) at night. I almost felt bad listening to music at the fire after 9:00 PM😂

Went down to Hammertown Thursday morning to get our vaccination/negative test approval. This was rather painless as they did not appear to be scrutinizing any paperwork. I was a little disappointed about the vender area as I had already prepped the wife that I may break the bank if I found some stuff I liked. I'm sure COVID had something to do with it, but it was still fun to see all the HP lining up for qualifying.

I ended up leaving Saturday morning as three nights without my better half is my max😻. Overall, a great experience and going to be an annual trip for me and my buddies. I would love to see an RDP group get together next year so we can party a little and learn from each others experience out there!

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Went out Saturday and Sunday last week left the rigs and came back Wednesday through Sunday.

Had a great time!!! I wouldn’t ride my dirt bike around hammertown to many crazy people.

Chocolate thunder at night is always fun.

IMG_0331.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm always a little apprehensive going somewhere for the first time. Especially when it comes to trying to find a place to camp at a packed event. We rolled in around 4:00 PM Wednesday. Went through the gate, was $40 for the event and $25 to camp. As soon as I crossed the bridge I banged a left and was able to find a nice spot (there was only three motorhomes with us) about a couple hundred yards down. Set up camp and went out for a quick ride to get a feel for the event. Crazy amount of money and serious rigs to see out there :eek: .

I had just camped out there for New Years and even though there was a shit ton of people there for New Years, this had a entirely different vibe to it. The camp area was rather mellow at night, unlike new years where it was a shit show. Most people at KOH tended to head out to the big destinations (back door, chocolate thunder, ect) at night. I almost felt bad listening to music at the fire after 9:00 PM😂

Went down to Hammertown Thursday morning to get our vaccination/negative test approval. This was rather painless as they did not appear to be scrutinizing any paperwork. I was a little disappointed about the vender area as I had already prepped the wife that I may break the bank if I found some stuff I liked. I'm sure COVID had something to do with it, but it was still fun to see all the HP lining up for qualifying.

I ended up leaving Saturday morning as three nights without my better half is my max😻. Overall, a great experience and going to be an annual trip for me and my buddies. I would love to see an RDP group get together next year so we can party a little and learn from each others experience out there!

They stated crowd was only 30% of last year and vendor row was at 50% compared to prior years.

rightytighty

Reaction score
My son called on the way home. Said it was the best weekend ever!

they drove about a mile past town and parked randomlyalong a fence at 2 AM. He said it ended up being the best campsite he could imagine. They woke up at the base of giant sand hill and the trucks were just flying by, wound tight getting a run at the hill. Sounds were amazing.

And at night theyd go to the rock crawler hills ,” and watch people just wreck their shit, and heckle then the whole time”. “ one guy rolled his sweet Rubicon twice- then crawled out and chugged Fireball. What a legend!” ( all I can think about is the fuked up Rubicon, but I’m old ! lol!)

Back at camp, Guys that broke on the sand hill, rolled back down the hill and parked right next to him. “One guy broke a trans line, caught on fire , rolled back down to us. We gave him our fire extinguisher to help put it out We gave them waters while they worked on their rig— it was awesome”

He was shocked at the fan attachment that developed to the cars as you watched people just thrash themselves and their stuff. He said, “We are now HUGE fans of 408 (I think that’s the number he said- the car that caught fire) . The dudes were cool. We’re gonna follow them on IG (big deal to college age), buy their merch, if they have any. And we are coming back next year with Banners and flags for 408. Full fan boy!!) “Is the car a front runner”. I asked. “Who cares”, he said. We don’t even know who won. That doesn’t matter. “.

It doesn’t, does it? They’re all winners for trying.

So be ready car 408 (I hope that’s the number). You’ll have a crazed crew next year!