WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kitchen Cabinets - Covid BS

D19

Reaction score
I bought a house and gutted the entire thing. Having a little issue with back ordered cabinets (probably sitting on a boat outside of Long Beach). Any suggestions on places to look who might have stuff in stock?

Looks like we might be living on the side of house in the diesel pusher for a little while if I can't get these soon enough. LOL If I don't have this done before our baby is due in Jan I might be in trouble. :)

NicPaus

Reaction score
I have a account at Anaheim kitchen and bath same building as Best Cheer Stone in Anaheim. They have plenty of inventory in the white shaker last I checked. Waiting on 3 pieces currently for a kitchen in the grey silver shaker but should be in this next week. If you have a list of what you need PM I can text my sales rep check inventory.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
What style you looking for? I order from these guys pretty regularly. Usually only a few days but sometimes I have to rejigger a design because one box will be out of stock.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
We got our stuff for our bus project at Builders Surplus in irvine. Depending on what you pick out they might have it in stock.

Reactions: D19

D19

Reaction score
What style you looking for? I order from these guys pretty regularly. Usually only a few days but sometimes I have to rejigger a design because one box will be out of stock.

Grey Shaker

I have a account at Anaheim kitchen and bath same building as Best Cheer Stone in Anaheim. They have plenty of inventory in the white shaker last I checked. Waiting on 3 pieces currently for a kitchen in the grey silver shaker but should be in this next week. If you have a list of what you need PM I can text my sales rep check inventory.

Thanks. I'll get that to you. I made some changes to the layout. Waiting for new drawling and list.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
@Dennis-19 Not sure if your using the typical "RTA" chineese stuff that everybody is carrying, but you can check down in El Monte. That's the Mecca of warehouses that stock the stuff. Theres a place called Greencastle cabinets that has a ton, but they are a bit light on stock like everyone due to shipping delays.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
There is that kitchen place on Dyer in Santa Ana.....just on the East side of the 55. Across from A Del Taco. Cant remember the name. Kitchen and Bath sumthin

NicPaus

Reaction score
There is that kitchen place on Dyer in Santa Ana.....just on the East side of the 55. Across from A Del Taco. Cant remember the name. Kitchen and Bath sumthin
I think that's builder Surplus. I have installed there cabinets before. They are assembled which is nice except for transportation. I can fit a whole kitchen in my long bed truck of RTA cabinets.

Turnup

Reaction score
Use a vendor that doesn't sell China cabs. I switched over to a Vietnamese vendor and haven't had a back order issue all year. Best Cheer/AKB shit the bed big time.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Fuck it! Go full custom! 👍
You can wait 6-12 months....most of them are no longer doing all wood boxes due to supply. Not to mention quality went to shit. I'm probably going to finish my draft of our remodel thread and post it next week. Going with a local "custom" cabinet "builder" in havasu was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in home building/remodeling...and Im a licensed GC. I. usually won't put anyone on blast, but these clowns earned it....

Ive bought a metric shit ton of the shaker Chinese bamboo shit over the years...honestly it isn't horrible...and for the price you can't beat it...when you can get it. I can't help on a one off project but for container loads I have a great contact that brings it in via china to LA, deals with the import BS for a price I'm not willing to cut him out of the deal for if anyone ever needs large quantity...he does quartz too.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
There are a few suppliers in the area. I have a friend in SD and have picked up with him many times. They are wholesalers so you need to have an account. I can see if they are willing to pick up what you need. They are in the area a couple times a week.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
You can wait 6-12 months....most of them are no longer doing all wood boxes due to supply. Not to mention quality went to shit. I'm probably going to finish my draft of our remodel thread and post it next week. Going with a local "custom" cabinet "builder" in havasu was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in home building/remodeling...and Im a licensed GC. I. usually won't put anyone on blast, but these clowns earned it....

Ive bought a metric shit ton of the shaker Chinese bamboo shit over the years...honestly it isn't horrible...and for the price you can't beat it...when you can get it. I can't help on a one off project but for container loads I have a great contact that brings it in via china to LA, deals with the import BS for a price I'm not willing to cut him out of the deal for if anyone ever needs large quantity...he does quartz too.
I get it bud, I'm a GC as well. And I also do custom cabinets. I've thought about moving to Havasu and getting a shop going, but the logistics of getting decent raw materials to the shop doesn't seem equitable. The nearest Peterman Lumber is in Vegas... And I'm definitely not going to Lowe's or Home Depot in town to get my finish grade lumber and plywood. Especially when a client wants something other than red oak... 🤣

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I get it bud, I'm a GC as well. And I also do custom cabinets. I've thought about moving to Havasu and getting a shop going, but the logistics of getting decent raw materials to the shop doesn't seem equitable. The nearest Peterman Lumber is in Vegas... And I'm definitely not going to Lowe's or Home Depot in town to get my finish grade lumber and plywood. Especially when a client wants something other than red oak... 🤣
lol totally understand that. I was pretty simple with my asks...finished plywood boxes not particle board. I just don't think the builders had ever seen or heard of a square or level at install lol. Havasu only has a couple of options and they are so busy that they simply do not care about their customers at all. They screwed up so many parts that it became a joke at the end...and their response was well maddening. When I post my thread it will all be in there lol.

Honestly the area could benefit from competition...even with the logistical nightmares.

boatpi

Reaction score
Go to 405 cabinets, fountain valley

NicPaus

Reaction score
Use a vendor that doesn't sell China cabs. I switched over to a Vietnamese vendor and haven't had a back order issue all year. Best Cheer/AKB shit the bed big time.
PM me where you are buying. I have searched for a better option but nobody has the inventory or price. They are no longer China to avoid tariffs I think.

Boat Potato

Reaction score
405 cabinets, or I have a great custom builder (Little House Furniture) in Downey that just finished mine. 10k.
20210226_092825.jpg

NicPaus

Reaction score
This is the grey silver from AKB. Fabricator is making the countertop templates now.

Attachments

• 20211030_092924.jpg
    20211030_092924.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 45

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I would love to replace everything but we still love our granite and the entire house matches but we do NEED new drawer boxes. Does anyone know where to get just the boxes or know someone reasonable who builds them in Orange county?

boatpi

Reaction score
405 cabinets well even install and the finish is absolutely incredible I’ve had mine for five years and I don’t mark on them.

motormonkey

Reaction score
Nelsonkb.Com cabinets are some I've been checking lately.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Adjust those drawers now - My OCD :cool:
Middle cabinet is 1 unit with 2 fixed drawers. Cooktop. I will adjust everything else once finished. These cabinets you can adjust each direction which is nice. Still need knobs and pulls and final touches. Picture was for color.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Middle cabinet is 1 unit with 2 fixed drawers. Cooktop. I will adjust everything else once finished. These cabinets you can adjust each direction which is nice. Still need knobs and pulls and final touches. Picture was for color.
Just messing around

One thing about them - they use a "floating" rear bracket that supports the drawer slides. They get cocked side-side when people are rough with the drawers, and can break or get stuck "crooked" and you have to crawl in there are free them up. Might be worth it to fasten them permanently in place before the countertops go on. I thought about it when I did our riverhouse kitchen with these cabinets, and i decided I was being paranoid. I was wrong....should have done it lol.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Yeah. I have ran into that at my house. Best to get drawer front perfectly aligned and fasten them into place.

Wendi

Reaction score

How can I find your thread?? We are in the middle of our build and it has been a nightmare. We want built-in cabinets for our office (very small job) and the quotes we are getting from builder (+25% O&P) and another company, I feel we are getting rapped over the coals. Would like to see who you are "blasting". I can't wait to post my end of build rant, and believe me I'm not holding back.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
How can I find your thread?? We are in the middle of our build and it has been a nightmare. We want built-in cabinets for our office (very small job) and the quotes we are getting from builder (+25% O&P) and another company, I feel we are getting rapped over the coals. Would like to see who you are "blasting". I can't wait to post my end of build rant, and believe me I'm not holding back.
still haven't finished it, I think ill wrap it up and post it sometime this month. Hasn't been a priority. I'll PM you who