WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kitchen remodel 99% done

riverroyal

Reaction score
All thats left is the back ordered dishwasher
This started with basic back splash idea. That contact came from large orange font
His guy kicked ass and knew a painter. The painter knew a cabinet builder. Well it snow balled.
All amazing guys, good prices. Honest. Reliable. Seriuosly in shock by these guys and how easy they were
I did the appliances with remove and reinstall new.
Mrs RR did all the coordinating and choices, i really did nothing.
20200901_210729.jpg
20201117_202103.jpg
20201115_153752.jpg
20201207_181911.jpg
20201114_183925.jpg
20201121_155654.jpg
20201121_192044.jpg

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Painted cabinets or replaced?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I like it when the microwave is hidden down low like that. Seeing a drawer is a first for me tho. Super cool

traquer

Reaction score
Paint. Lacquer actually.
What's lacqeur mean? I know some paints are soft, others are rock hard. There's an oil based and water based deal too right? I'm assuming the toughest stuff is in order here?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Its not water base. Doesnt cure from outside in like other paint. Its also not easy to get in cal
It creates a smoother finish. You cant see layers. Its so even it looks fake.
all sprayed also in a booth made in the garage and kitchen turned into a booth

sintax

Reaction score
I liked your old one too! I saw that and thought "oh that looks nice", then scrolled down and saw the after. Its very nice! The white cabinets really lighten up the room a lot. My sister did them a few years back and I was not super into them, but they've been growing on me.

RiverCruiser

Reaction score
Do you mind telling me the price of just the cabinets being painted.

Cuse Alum

Reaction score
Don’t want to crash the thread... BUT I sell kitchen cabinets. I live in Phoenix and will deliver to CA or Havasu! I well the design and layout in design software and beat anyone’s prices. Let me know if you need anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLC

Reaction score
That turned out fantastic! Your wife has to be stoked to get a kitchen update !

riverroyal

Reaction score
That turned out fantastic! Your wife has to be stoked to get a kitchen update !
Super happy. House is 16 years old. It was time for a refresh. I will say the wat it looked before was great.
The tile work is amazing. The guys took serious time on the lay out. Little things like how they framed the windows
Also micro in closed position is pretty cool
16074022706794560420302464587472.jpg

16074021837073818047532300705101.jpg

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I liked them both. Although I do like the whiter and brighter aspect.
Thanks for sharing.

I have low natural lighting and I feel like the white would improve the situation.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Don’t want to crash the thread... BUT I sell kitchen cabinets. I live in Phoenix and will deliver to CA or Havasu! I well the design and layout in design software and beat anyone’s prices. Let me know if you need anything.

Saving your name for kitchen cabinets later. Pics below look killer.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Yeah. Im Curious on the cost to refinish the cabinets also.
Similar kitchen in Redondo Beach. Customer has got 3 quotes 8-10K. I quoted all new cabinets for 12k installed. I bought the lacquer sprayer setup a few months ago to do a bar area and charged $3500 would of took me less time to put in new cabinets but we went with a dark blue lower that I could not get. You're a painter you know how much of a pain the prep is.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Cabs were mid 3s for prep and spray. That removal and replace. Hardware not included. Your price my vary of course.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

I screen shot your post for down the road.

Wife and I...ok wife has been talking about changing up our kitchen. She hasn’t made up her mind yet but will definitely be in touch when we do, errr she does.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Turned out great. Under cabinet lighting and outlets ?
yes, some super cool power strips and lighting that has a few settings. Removed all wall outlets including garbage disposal switch. So there was drywall cut and patch before tile

endobear

Reaction score
Similar kitchen in Redondo Beach. Customer has got 3 quotes 8-10K. I quoted all new cabinets for 12k installed. I bought the lacquer sprayer setup a few months ago to do a bar area and charged $3500 would of took me less time to put in new cabinets but we went with a dark blue lower that I could not get. You're a painter you know how much of a pain the prep is.
Yeah. Its been a few years since I did an entire kitchen. I would have been 7-8k on a kitchen that size. + $1200 if i had to do grain filler. Thats after i made the HO do the 1st clean on them.
Prep is everything.
Shooting it is the easy part.
I used to have my color/tint shot right into my lacquer sanding sealer. Couple coats of that. Sanding and cleaning between coats. Glaze inside corners if HO wanted or distress/sand edges until original color comes shows through on the edges, then 2 more coat of real catalyzed dull rubbed lacqeur. Hated doing them. Biggest fear was blowing myself up.
I can't even get real lacquer anymore.

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
Cabs were mid 3s for prep and spray. That removal and replace. Hardware not included. Your price my vary of course.

Where are you located?
I'm looking to do similar in the next year or so. Paint cabinets, and do counter tops and appliances. Would be curious to talk with your contractors.
Thanks in advance!

Riverhound

Reaction score
I have the same microwave... You'll love it. Most people don't even know its there and it works great.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Where are you located?
I'm looking to do similar in the next year or so. Paint cabinets, and do counter tops and appliances. Would be curious to talk with your contractors.
Thanks in advance!
North san diego. The guys all knew each other. Tile, paint, hardware with soft close and micro built in
My wife was the GC. We looked at hiring a guy doing work on our street since we are both so busy. But i couldn't do it, he seemed to flakey.
So Mrs RR took all the coordination on and choices. It was quick. Tile a week. Paint and cab work a week. Still waiting on back ordered washer

The guys are local and im not sure how far they travel. Never know!

Taboma

Reaction score
Care to share a pic of the under cabinet lights and power strips you mentioned ? please 😁

Joe mama

Reaction score
Legrand makes some nice u.c. Power solutions. Little pricey but cool little options like usb outlets, tablet cradle,lighting etc. It’s totally modular and things can be moved to different locations. I think if you are a person that leaves a lot of things plugged in it can look like a cord nightmare.IMO..

riverroyal

Reaction score
yes number stay tuned, yes pics when I get home .. Im pretty sure its Legrand, wife sells their product

Taboma

Reaction score
Legrand makes some nice u.c. Power solutions. Little pricey but cool little options like usb outlets, tablet cradle,lighting etc. It’s totally modular and things can be moved to different locations. I think if you are a person that leaves a lot of things plugged in it can look like a cord nightmare.IMO..

I've seen a couple of different examples of strips with and without lighting my son has installed on some new up-scale homes. I don't recall them being as concealed as riverroyal's appear to be.

Joe mama

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of different examples of strips with and without lighting my son has installed on some new up-scale homes. I don't recall them being as concealed as riverroyal's appear to be.
Your right you can’t see them at all. Maybe just standard plug strips facing down.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Its not water base. Doesnt cure from outside in like other paint. Its also not easy to get in cal
It creates a smoother finish. You cant see layers. Its so even it looks fake.
all sprayed also in a booth made in the garage and kitchen turned into a booth
My painter turned me on to adding lacquer to my paint. Super smooth and washes well. I did my baseboards that way. He does cabinets that way. Like glass, super durable

Reactions: DLC

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I’m not showing the wife this thread. Looks great Steve.

DLC

Reaction score
My painter turned me on to adding lacquer to my paint. Super smooth and washes well. I did my baseboards that way. He does cabinets that way. Like glass, super durable

what about interior doors? What type of ratio do you mix to, I need to look into this

Reactions: DWC

WAAZ

Reaction score
What brand/model is the micro?