WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kobe!!

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Sitting at 56 with a minute left.

Ok...he has taken 49 shots at this point.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
58...just hit a jumper to put the Lakers up 1 with 31 seconds left

JRS1939

Reaction score
Good to see him put in a good showing tonight even though he launched 50 shots

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
The ending of tonight's game was just unbelievable. Kobe's jumper, two free throws, the crowd going crazy etc... I've never seen anything like it.... It was almost like they won the NBA finals.. An instant classic that will be talked about forever.[emoji1303]

And it's way passed by bed time lol. Goodnight RDP.[emoji1303]

Me too. I am usually in bed by 9.

What a great ending, glad I stayed up to see it all.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Spectacular ending.:thumbsup

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
It completely ruined the Warriors winning and going 73-9 this season lol

Hammer

Reaction score
Greatest competitor of our generation. I haven't watched a laker game all season. End of an Era.

Backlash

Reaction score
All this hype and exposure for someone who makes WAYYYY too much money playing a child's game. Whatever. Yes, maybe he's talented and good at what he's paid a shit ton of money to do. But these asshat not-so-professional borderline criminal athletes who get put up on a pedestal and praised the way they generally are for playing a game is something I've never understood.

If you want to talk about a hero or someone we should support and look up to, lets talk about a war veteran who risked their life to do something incredible that nobody else would have done. Someone like a fireman or a paramedic who has actually made a difference by saving someone's life by rushing into a burning building to carry a person out to safety. Or a physician who has the ability to bring a new life into this world under unique circumstances. Let's talk about a police officer who risked their own life to free a trapped motorist from a burning vehicle as others simply stood by filming the incident on their cell phones instead of trying to help out.

I'm sorry if I'm being a "Thread crapper" (Don't ban me Bro!), but this is another perfect example of how our society has lost focus on what's truly important in life.

On that note, maybe I'll have some Kobe beef tonight for dinner and not think for one second about the lying, cheating piece of crap who shares the same name.

Flame on.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
All this hype and exposure for someone who makes WAYYYY too much money playing a child's game. Whatever. Yes, maybe he's talented and good at what he's paid a shit ton of money to do. But these asshat not-so-professional borderline criminal athletes who get put up on a pedestal and praised the way they generally are for playing a game is something I've never understood.

If you want to talk about a hero or someone we should support and look up to, lets talk about a war veteran who risked their life to do something incredible that nobody else would have done. Someone like a fireman or a paramedic who has actually made a difference by saving someone's life by rushing into a burning building to carry a person out to safety. Or a physician who has the ability to bring a new life into this world under unique circumstances. Let's talk about a police officer who risked their own life to free a trapped motorist from a burning vehicle as others simply stood by filming the incident on their cell phones instead of trying to help out.

I'm sorry if I'm being a "Thread crapper" (Don't ban me Bro!), but this is another perfect example of how our society has lost focus on what's truly important in life.

On that note, maybe I'll have some Kobe beef tonight for dinner and not think for one second about the lying, cheating piece of crap who shares the same name.

Flame on.

Sorry about your Clippers. :D

Backlash

Reaction score
LMFAO! No worries at all! I dont watch boogie ball! :D

jetboatmatt

Reaction score
Such an awesome ending to an amazing player!!! Fun to watch!!

RodnJen

Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of sports but I'm really glad I stayed up for that. I was at game 7 in 2000 and the energy was awesome. My guess last night was a similar experience.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I wish I watched the game. For a player of Kobe's caliber to go out with his very last game at Staples and put up 60 points in a nail bitter win..... could only be trumped by winning the championship. Also, in this day and age, for a player to stay with one team for 20 years really says something. Really makes it that much more special.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Flame on.

While all those other professions are admirable and very important you are comparing apples to oranges.

You are comparing a job that thousands to tens of thousands of people can choose to sign up for every year. There really isn't anything special about an 18 year old kid talent wise that chooses to join the marine core. Am I a military supporter and proud of our veterans....of course

The military pays most that walk in without education poorly because that's the wage that there skill set demands.

Now take an actor that can put butts in seats and have a box office result of say 700,000,000. Of course he is worth more and should get paid accordingly in a capitalist society.

Kobe Bryant love him or hate him is a world wide super star. He will go down in history as a top 5 basketball player and easily the 2nd best guard that has lived. He has worked harder at his craft than anyone on this site and has made the lakers and the league billions of dollars. Why shouldn't he get a cut and paid accordingly....math actually states that players like him,Jordan and Lebron are severely underpaid due to the salary cap.

Very few people on earth can play basketball like Kobe or throw a ball like Aaron Rogers. They are way more rare than Johnny from Kentucky that barely graduated high school and had no other choice but to join the armed forces in a time when there is no draft.

FreeBird236

Reaction score

Flame on.

I'm sure glad we didn't have sports hero's when I was a kid.:D

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Just in case anybody doubted his drive and talent....amazing last game

Injuries and age have caught up with him the past couple years, but man he can still lay it down when the stars align :thumbup:

RCDave

Reaction score
What a game and what a performance. For Kobe to endure playing at such a high level and overcoming serious injuries over a 20 year career is truly remarkable. Seriously strong mental construct was needed to support these achievements. One of the top five players ever

TLAW719

Reaction score
I wonder how much the Jazz players got paid to let Kobe finish like that?

Joker

Reaction score
Kobe's wife will be gone within a year. [emoji106]
If you actually watched her after the game, she had hate in her eyes.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

Every time they showed her and the kids she seemed like it was the last place she wanted to be. I didn't see her smile once. Even after Kobe dropped a 3.

But then again I only watched half the game:D

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Where's Tom? :D

checking IN :)

It completely ruined the Warriors winning and going 73-9 this season lol

That's the problem with all of this. The game is bigger than that rat face and the GSW are a TEAM. I think its funny that an all time NBA record was set the same time that Mr Selfish puts up 50 shots....lol Perfect ending and all he did was prove his selfishness.

Flame on.

:)

kobe RAPIST PIECE OF SHIT111111111111111111111

lol.....I didn't see that but don't doubt it. I dod know when I saw him thanking his wife he never said he loved them.

Every time they showed her and the kids she seemed like it was the last place she wanted to be. I didn't see her smile once. Even after Kobe dropped a 3.

But then again I only watched half the game:D

You missed alot of shots....lol

That all being said.....Tired of looking at that guy but he did accomplish a lot. I lost any and all respect for him after the CO deal and watched him throw many, many fellow teammates under the bus whenever he wanted to. Not a team player at all. My views haven't changed in the least and I laughed when they said he is now an Ambassador for the game....sure, if you want to teach selfish attitudes in a team game.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

Over the 20 years I've seen him shoot plenty...:cool
But last night his 50 shots was the most by any player in the last 33 years.
I wonder how many games in his career he had over 40 shots. I bet a shit ton.

Hammer

Reaction score

That's the problem with all of this. The game is bigger than that rat face and the GSW are a TEAM. I think its funny that an all time NBA record was set the same time that Mr Selfish puts up 50 shots....lol Perfect ending and all he did was prove his selfishness.

lol.....I didn't see that but don't doubt it. I dod know when I saw him thanking his wife he never said he loved them.

That all being said.....Tired of looking at that guy but he did accomplish a lot. I lost any and all respect for him after the CO deal and watched him throw many, many fellow teammates under the bus whenever he wanted to. Not a team player at all. My views haven't changed in the least and I laughed when they said he is now an Ambassador for the game....sure, if you want to teach selfish attitudes in a team game.

TEAM GAME doesn't exist anymore. It's all about the hey lams.

All the greats are selfish Tom.

EDIT: team game does exist, franchises are very rarely built this way anymore.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Over the 20 years I've seen him shoot plenty...:cool
But last night his 50 shots was the most by any player in the last 33 years.
I wonder how many games in his career he had over 40 shots. I bet a shit ton.

Jordan had 49 shots in the 80's. Kobe has gone over 45 shots 3 times.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I actually believe it's the opposite in today's NBA. It's team game that's winning. Look at the Warriors and the Spurs. They are playing Team Game.

yep.....and the Center is essentially dead

All about the wing player,spacing and 3's combined with great defense.

Warriors and Spurs are super exciting to watch....I don't see anyone getting by GSW this year they have the swagger of the mid 90's bulls.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Yada...yada...yada....

That's for all the nut swingers....lol

Backlash

Reaction score
Talented, yes. But like has already been said, a rapist POS who only skated out of that Colorado mess because of who he is and the dollar amount in his checking account. Hope his wife leaves his stupid ass and takes half of his fortune with her. :D

Hammer

Reaction score
I actually believe it's the opposite in today's NBA. It's team game that's winning. Look at the Warriors and the Spurs. They are playing Team Game.

I agree with you, it takes a TEAM to win championships, but that is not what is celebrated these days. Look at LeBron and so many others. That was my point. Kids celebrate the individual far more than their team.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Talented, yes. But like has already been said, a rapist POS who only skated out of that Colorado mess because of who he is and the dollar amount in his checking account. Hope his wife leaves his stupid ass and takes half of his fortune with her. :D

You really think Kobe had to rape that girl in Colorado....haha

She saw a pay day and took advantage.....happens everyday in professional sports.

Is he a cheater like every other pro athlete and traveling salesman....sure

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I've watched a lot of B-Ball in my years. Bill Russell and Red Auerbach's Celtics. Wilt and the Warriors, then the Lakers. Big O, West and Baylor. Kareem and Hakeem. Moses and Magic. Bird. The Big E. Dr. J. Michael. Stockton and Malone. Duncan and Robinson, and many more.....

Kobe had a great career and has rings to prove it. Top 5 all time? Maybe, tough to be top 5 on the Lakers alone. He had a lot of talented help to win those rings. He did not do it alone. Since he's been alone, not even close to winning a title. That says a a lot about "team" play.

Is there actually a Top 5 that could be agreed upon. Not in my opinion as I can't even decide on a Top 10 when you look at all who've played in the last 50-60 years. And I do not buy into the deal of today's players being superior to 60's players. Just isn't that much physical difference. The game has changed in subtle and more obvious ways. Some good, some not. The older game was to me more team skills like passing and positioning. Today's physical game is just a game that has more allowed contact. The older games' contact was more of a skill than brute force holding. If today's paint players had tried to muscle Wilt, they would be destroyed. IMO no one to have ever played the game was as strong as Wilt and few as agile at his size. Russell played Wilt even due to exceptional quickness. Kareem used his wingspan.

A name that seldom is mentioned and to me true Top 10 was the Big E, Elvin Hayes. He outplayed Lew Alcindor/Kareem in their big NCAA showdown and he was a dominating power forward in his NBA career. Elvin could not be guarded as the best Power Forward to play the game.

Shaq to me is the most overrated even though he won wherever he went. Though he was young at the time, he was embarrassed by the only true "great" real center he faced. Hakeem made him look like a plodding fool stuck in mud when the Magic played the Rockets for the title.

Kobe was great, but could his teams have beaten Magic and Kareem's Lakers? Or Wilt, West, and Baylor's Lakers?

My point here is there have been so many "greats" it isn't possible to single any player or team out as the best of all.....It's fun to debate it though.:thumbsup

So personal issues aside, Great career Kobe and thanks for some great memories as one of the best:thumbsup

mbrown2

Reaction score
The problem with most forums....someone wants to share their joy, and another wants to share their opposite opinion on that joy...

Singleton

Reaction score

That relationship is now based on money. She will not walk away due to the fact she gets more the longer they stay together.