WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

KODI-SPMC Firestick/TV Update Issues -How to Fix

headshothills

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

For those of you I have chatted with or have grabbed a Firestick or FireTV or had me do programming with the Titanium build, theres been some recent issues where the update might be broken. It zooms to 100% and fails to update. Not to fear, I have created 2 different videos that walk you through how to fix this.

The only reason I can think of, which I talk about it in the videos is that the Build Developers branched off onto their own FB Page and split off the location of the build. As a result, something on the backend bombed, and now any of the older version prior to Sept 13th might fail when trying to update. Ive chatted with a few of you on the phone already to get you fixed. But I wanted to create a couple videos to help those of you out that are running into this issue.

Titanium Update Fails - How to Fix

[video=vimeo;183840730]https://vimeo.com/183840730[/video]

Ive also created another video to help those who end up having a Firestick crash and wont launch SPMC or KODI. It happens, its happened to mine, and the only way to get it back is to wipe the build and start with a fresh KODI or SPMC. I walk you through that process in this video. FireTV's dont seem to have this temperamental issue like the sticks do, but, nevertheless it happens, Ive had sticks that Ive had to do this to 6+ times before it would launch, so dont think your are alone. Ive walked some of you through this over the phone, so now heres the video to help you..

KODI/SPMC Fails to Launch - How to Fix

[video=vimeo;183867543]https://vimeo.com/183867543[/video]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
dude.. I am trying to fix my firestick and I am doing this real time. so I click programs / daily updates / titanium icon as suggested and as it starts you say to pull something from the supreme build?l before doing that?

we are already downloading.

please ditch the 10 minutes of commentary and just make a couple quick vids saying click this this this done.. if that don't work click vid 2. click this this this done.. because I'm Infadroiding, to temping and titanium icon clicking over here.. only to find out minutes later that maybe I didn't want to do that

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Oh shit.. wtf is this now?

IMG_4811.jpg

headshothills

Reaction score
Oh shit.. wtf is this now?

View attachment 513423

HAHA Some people arent as savvy as you Dave, and they want to know why... So I wanted to make sure I explain or justify it, since it can be a PITA at times.

Im in Havasu this weekend for the DCB Regatta, so let me know if you need me to swing by... :D I also sent you a text, just let me know..

Dont worry about the Evolve shit, you'll never use that crappy Repo...:eek

USMC2010

Reaction score
Do you think there will be any reason at some point to have to update SPMC to the newest version?

USMC2010

Reaction score
KODI/SPMC it is the version on the firesticks

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I followed first part of video. Worked fine but having major buffering issues on almost everything.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Both videos are very clear compared to many others out there. I just had to reset SPMC 2x tonight which is why I asked the question earlier for future info.

alexJ

Reaction score
Lots of chatter about 4k and kodi/sbmc updates lately... Anyone had any luck or bad experiences that they'd like to warn inmates about?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
In a bit or irony I'm actually on the phone with Magic Box Dave right now. He just came out with the latest magic box (considerably more expensive then the fire stick option) but it has all kinds of upgrades that might be worth it to some. Especially if you are into sports.

I'm thinking about buying another ten boxes right now.

RD