WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kodiak..

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone I know that has had one has sold it. they dont ride well and there are many other issues with them. If you are looking to go with that style truck look into the FL-60s or F-650s. ;)

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone I know that has had one has sold it. they dont ride well and there are many other issues with them. If you are looking to go with that style truck look into the FL-60s or F-650s. ;)

I think the FL would be way out of my price range. What comes in the 650s? the 7.3?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I think the FL would be way out of my price range. What comes in the 650s? the 7.3?

Not really you can find the FLs in the same price range of the kodiak you posted. the 650s come with cats and big cummins motors and usually allison trannies. Ins isnt too bad on our FL-60. reg is another issue though :( $800 this year and its a 2000

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Not really you can find the FLs in the same price range of the kodiak you posted. the 650s come with cats and big cummins motors and usually allison trannies. Ins isnt too bad on our FL-60. reg is another issue though :( $800 this year and its a 2000

The thing Ive always liked with the Kodiak was having the truck bed. I just hate how they look inside... Pretty much a Commercial truck with leather seats. So interior would be the very first step. Ive seen the Cinch Edition at the Chevy dealer a year ago and loved it. The FLs are very nice though and seem to be ready to go for a long trip. I guess I need to get out and drive a them and see what I like the most.

How many gallons of fuel does your FL hold? Whats millage like? Do these things need serviced anymore than a 2500/3500?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The thing Ive always liked with the Kodiak was having the truck bed. I just hate how they look inside... Pretty much a Commercial truck with leather seats. So interior would be the very first step. Ive seen the Cinch Edition at the Chevy dealer a year ago and loved it. The FLs are very nice though and seem to be ready to go for a long trip. I guess I need to get out and drive a them and see what I like the most.

How many gallons of fuel does your FL hold? Whats millage like? Do these things need serviced anymore than a 2500/3500?

I have seen FLs with a bed. Ours holds 80gals of fuel. get about 8MPG towing or not. We service once a year and the oil change alone is about $200.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I have seen FLs with a bed. Ours holds 80gals of fuel. get about 8MPG towing or not. We service once a year and the oil change alone is about $200.

Really? What bed are guys using? How many miles do you put on it a year?

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
found one! pretty cool
SportChassis_P2_13.jpg

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Dennis,

That is definetaly bad ass. What color you thinking? Cause that black is gonna be a nightmare to keep clean.....which i'm sure you've heard.

My suburban is black and I'm sort of regretting it. That Freightliner is freaking huge and keeping it clean is gonna be a bitch IMO.

Greg

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly a huge murdered out truck would be sick, but your right.. cleaning it would suck! haha

If I do this I'm thinking white as it looks good and will likely match everything I pull behind it. However white looks a little too work truck for me on a Kodiak. So Im not too sure yet, but it will be one of the two. Unless I found a Cinch Edition in red!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
We have an 06 4x4 Monroe pkg. (90% of all the pickup bed kodiaks are),

86k miles, no issues.

We use it primarily for work. I'd seriously consider the fact that most LE agencies know these trucks can't go on streets marked 3 tons and under. Most guys sell them when they get tired of tickets or of trying to find the right roads to drive on in their city.

FL's ride much better, but Kodiaks get the tow jobs done for the price. Will run circles towing around 08 F550's/ F350s' (we have both of those too).

I'd stick to a nice dually if you are'nt using it for biz, at least in Ca.

dave29

Reaction score
Ok....I had a 2007 Monroe Package Kodiak 4500 4X4 dually bed. Air seats, air cab, air ride, etc. All the bells and whistles. 1st trip towing I realized a few things....speed governor, gas tank too small, rode like sh_t and didn't pull as well powerwise as my 06 crew cab dually with the same diesel. Also found out that all Chevy dealerships will not work on them. You need dealerships that work on commercial Chevy trucks also.
Here's what I did.....changed tires, still rode badly. Changed to Deaver springs. Still bad. Changed shocks. Still bad. Air baggeed the front. Still rode like sh_t.
Next, had to put in a programmer to increase the power and eliminate the speed governor.
Next, installed a Transfer Flow automatic fuel transfer tank in the bed. That worked great.
After about 3000 miles on the odometer I took a trip to Colorado with the DCB29 in tow. Longest trip of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dropped the boat in Colorado for the summer, drove back to Calif. and sold the POS.
Loved the looks, HATED the ride.
dave29