WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

KOH King of the Hammers Live Stream

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Heck ya, been watching! They always have awesome coverage.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Every year gets better and more going on. Late yesterday Short Tract 12
lap Race was awesome.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm loving the "one racer" at a time. Seems to take forever. I know there's a method behind the idea, not having 10 vehicles on top of each other trying to get around... but those of us who witnessed Randy Slawson go over another on Elvis or was it sledge? ... it adds to the mayhem!! 2min mark...😜

wzuber

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm loving the "one racer" at a time. Seems to take forever. I know there's a method behind the idea, not having 10 vehicles on top of each other trying to get around... but those of us who witnessed Randy Slawson go over another on Elvis or was it sledge? ... it adds to the mayhem!! 2min mark...😜
I guess if you make yourself an obstacle you become part of the race course?
I like how the guys were throwing rocks at after he ran over them...
I bet that conversation between the 2 pit crews got real interesting after the race...haha

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

It's just qualifying i believe.

Makes sense, kinda screws everyone up if they get in a bullshit qualifying traffic jam while setting a quali time. What's the point of even qualifying for a start position if that's the case.

69hondo

Reaction score
I got it on in my office. I cant believe how many spectators there are on a Tuesday. Doesnt anyone work. :p🤣🤣🤣

Singleton

Reaction score
It's just qualifying i believe.

Makes sense, kinda screws everyone up if they get in a bullshit qualifying traffic jam while setting a quali time. What's the point of even qualifying for a start position if that's the case.

Correct
Yesterday, today and tomorrow is qualifying. They are releasing cars every few minutes and passing is occurring during qualifying.

The qualifying loop this year is so much better than last year. I have seen 10+ minutes and DHF this year already

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I guess if you make yourself an obstacle you become part of the race course?
I like how the guys were throwing rocks at after he ran over them...
I bet that conversation between the 2 pit crews got real interesting after the race...haha

I guess he was known to be kinda "that guy" zero fucks given. Made for good spectating!! LOL I need a Jeep boyfriend/husband/person again. I miss going! Well for at least 24 hours, after that the dirt and dry get overwhelming! 🤣

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I guess he was known to be kinda "that guy" zero fucks given. Made for good spectating!! LOL I need a Jeep boyfriend/husband/person again. I miss going! Well for at least 24 hours, after that the dirt and dry get overwhelming! 🤣
kirkland!

hawgty55

Reaction score
Any chance someone can post the live stream of the shootout.

Dunerking

Reaction score
It’s on the kingofthehammers channel on YouTube…click the “Live” link and scroll down to the shootout

thmterry

Reaction score
I cant believe the camaras are messed up for the shootout. What a bummer, hope they fix it.

Singleton

Reaction score
It’s been working fine for me?
At the shootout start, they had camera issues, resolved within 15 minutes.
shootout is breaking more cars then finishing.
Dave Cole really decided to make sure all courses are difficult this year.

4400 qualifying tomorrow will be interesting with chocolate thunder getting beat to shit tonight

Deckin Around

Reaction score
This report is usually very accurate with the wind forecast. There isn't much for raceday Saturday all morning. Definitely not enough to blow the dust off course so the racers can battle. Hammertown dustbowl for sure if its under 10mph wind speed
5F306C70-D035-4C09-9B58-143192349052.png

kimbalee

Reaction score
That was during the race - we were there at Elvis when it happened. There was driver drama after that bc Shannon had done the same thing the previous year and Dave DQ'd him but it was OK for Randy. That was the last year Elvis was part of the course - the marines took that entire area after that.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Fun fact, that is why the original big race was always on Friday until a couple of years ago. Because people would follow it while they had access to a computer at work. This was before all of the amazing live stream stuff, when it was done through Pirate 4x4. At the time, there weren't computers at your kid's little league game. People went out and did other activities on the weekend, usually away from computers.

joecfd1

Reaction score
Been out here for 10 days and have another 5 or 6 days to go. This place grows by the year... I was thinking the same thing... Doesn't anyone work anymore???🤣

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
My company allocates 40 hours a year to each employee for volunteer efforts. I booked 20hrs of my KOH time to that since I supported 2 vet owned teams.
That is fantastic. I'm actually going to promote this idea at my company, but not just so I can go racing. Fantastic program

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Robby's 77 Speed Car was looking good when i saw it running across the desert on the stream about an hour ago.

Best of luck to them!

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Watching Hunter Miller push his vehicle across the finish line today reminds me of the good ol' days of Ultra4, especially when other racers jumped in to help. I love that stuff. I watched two teams one time, one out of gas, the other with no brakes, come in together across the line. No Brakes team in the rear, pushing No Gas team (using their brakes) across the finish. No Brakes finished 11th, which meant no qualifying for KOH (this was in Reno). If they had not pushed No Gas team in, they might have beaten them and come in 10th. But of course, Jeff and Dave let them in anyway. Another time, in Pennsylvania, Rob Usnick was about 3 minutes from finishing before the time cutoff, with no reverse. Everyone was on the side of the course, cheering for him to finish. He rolled it, if I recall, and ended up backward on the course about 100 yards from the finish. Did I mention he had no reverse? A dozen muddy and exhausted racers jumped onto the course and pushed him backwards across the line. Rob was active duty at the time, as was his wife, and she couldn't be there. He had the kids at the event. He finished about 30 seconds past time, but it didn't matter. Dave and Jeff were crying like babies. How could they not give him a chance to come to the Hammers? I'm choked up just thinking about it. That is the stuff I really miss.

Last edited:

JBZ

Reaction score
I made a VIN
And its gone

Last edited:

69hondo

Reaction score
I am not a Ford fan but man the Bronco is pretty badass. It seems to be kicking ass in the stock classes.