WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

KTM Air Filter grease seal ?

hulihan

Reaction score
So, I take off the air filter to clean it, and there is a grease seal all around the outside of the filter where it touches to air box, it is added protection from getting dust into the motor, can I use any grease or does it have to be a certain kind, can I use trailer grease, its the same color or do I have to but a tube of filter seal grease ? I have a few different kinds of grease here, but I assume it has to withstand heat, but how hot can it get the airbox is plastic :)

Blubyu

Reaction score
When I was racing desert I always use wheel bearing grease, never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hulihan

Reaction score
That is what it looks like, and I have about 4 different brands in different guns :)
Thanks
Craig

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
I use bearing grease too. The red stuff. :thumbup: Also, make sure the filter cage seats into the filter box all the way. It will almost snap in for lack of a better term. It's a common mistake to have it not seat all the way and then you may have a gap=not good.

kiethco

Reaction score
On KTM's it's more critical to make sure you get the filter to seat all the way around. The grease thing is snake oil, look at the double ridges, they make a good seal.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I've been using the No-toil evolution system for a long time. The kit comes with the grease, when mixed with the cleaning powder it melts away for easy cleaning. Otherwise, I use bearing grease.