WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kurtis river cruiser vdrive

Bugginout

Reaction score
Any information I can get on this hull would be awesome. I am looking at a 1972 hull. It's a complete basket case with new stringers. Comes with a lot of parts. Is it the same bottom as a spectra? I've never seen a kurtis river cruiser I think that's why I like it.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
I believe you are correct, there were a ton of day cruisers produced then and all very similar with some slight deck changes here and there. If not mistaken the Kurtis and the DiMarco are very similar, shorter decks than the Spectra which gave you more interior room. Pics would help, I did a complete rebuild on a Spectra 20 V-drive all the way down to removing the top deck and new stringers. I dig my Spectra very comfortable and rides great...

Bugginout

Reaction score
I love the spectra v drive. Almost bought one last year. Think I read your build thread? I had to get a more family oriented float last time. I will get pictures this weekend. It looks just like a Dimarco. I probably should just buy one done. Less money and headaches. But I really enjoy the building of hot rods.