WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kyle Larson = G.O.A.T.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Kyle Larson is quickly becoming the greatest of all time. Doesn't matter what kind of car he is driving or where he starts, he wins on dirt. If you ever get a chance to see him race on dirt in person, don't pass it up.

rrrr

Reaction score
I wore my Kyle Larson pre-NASCAR sprint/midget t-shirt yesterday. I was disappointed no one called me a racist.

Larson is crazy good on the dirt. Watching him do his thing is awesome entertainment.

Last edited:

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
0x900@1574828811203824b68d.jpeg

playdeep

Reaction score
Phuker won again tonight...
8 in a row.
All Stars
World of Outlaws
USAC national midget speedweek.
Last 2 nights he's come out of the B main,started deep in the field&won.
Kid's driving possessed.

Kbach

Reaction score
Especially since we have dwarf's driving midgets.

So I know Andy Bondio and we've given him shit for years that the only way he's going to win the Chili Bowl again is if he loses some weight in his cars (and he can't do it by removing front wheels)...told him he needs to look for another "smaller" driver to compete with Rico.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Guy is the real deal, before NASCAR, he’d show up at dirt tracks he’d never driven on, in cars he’d never driven before and win.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
So I know Andy Bondio and we've given him shit for years that the only way he's going to win the Chili Bowl again is if he loses some weight in his cars (and he can't do it by removing front wheels)...told him he needs to look for another "smaller" driver to compete with Rico.

He tried that with Jason Leffler and it didn't work out. His car's don't need to lose any weight, he needs more horsepower. He needs to get a Stanton Mopar and put a Barnes valve cover on it.

FB_IMG_1461430918857.jpg

playdeep

Reaction score

Who was driving for Bondio when his car won it...?

rrrr

Reaction score

LOL...When Andy showed up at the Chili Bowl with a ski on the front left of the 47 I had to laugh. A bicycle tire was also tried. He's obsessed with weight.

I dunno if he still does it because I haven't been to Tulsa in years, but frames of the Chili Bowl cars weren't painted. He rubbed them with steel wool to remove the mill scale and give them a uniform appearance, then applied a light coat of oil to prevent rust.

The drawback on the light weight was the fragility of the cars. With all the banging in traffic, there were more than a few times contact ended the night.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Thanks Ron...
I remember Lealand Mcspadden giving that car some great rides!

Leland won Chili Bowl for Bondio before Kruseman did. Cory won it twice in Bondio's car.

BTW, anyone else here agree with me that Andy Bondio is the best fabricator on the planet. His skills are unreal!

Kbach

Reaction score
Leland won Chili Bowl for Bondio before Kruseman did. Cory won it twice in Bondio's car.

BTW, anyone else here agree with me that Andy Bondio is the best fabricator on the planet. His skills are unreal!

Absolutely. He’s done stuff for us for years and every time I see what he can do I’m amazed. Doesn’t matter what it is, it turns out as a piece of art.

Kbach

Reaction score
He tried that with Jason Leffler and it didn't work out. His car's don't need to lose any weight, he needs more horsepower. He needs to get a Stanton Mopar and put a Barnes valve cover on it.

View attachment 889925

Oh I remember. Caused a big stir that year which is probably 99% of the reason he did it. Got the rule book changed for the next year too if I remember correctly!

rrrr

Reaction score
Absolutely. He’s done stuff for us for years and every time I see what he can do I’m amazed. Doesn’t matter what it is, it turns out as a piece of art.

It's possible to stare at Andy's midget for hours and still find things you hadn't noticed before.

Clank123

Reaction score
GOAT? You guys really think he could outdrive this guy in anything?
There was auto racing before 1980...
BAF034D2-ED1E-4E0D-A165-78DFA9D4F7DE.jpeg
94DC194F-615C-4EFA-A38D-FA6469367654.jpeg
43F621D9-F9B0-4B1D-8870-C216E4A64E80.jpeg
B8B8065E-611F-40B1-BBD8-E38A901E6872.jpeg

I know that Larson won the 24 hours of Daytona...but not 4 Indys, Lemans and the Daytona 500...all when auto racing was at its peak in terms of competition and participation...
92783972-F4BF-45FD-A2C0-72C00833AAD2.jpeg
D517C6A7-B351-4725-9AE0-542693EA6EA2.jpeg
62C24BE0-D562-46F0-A04B-0EBADF1FB315.jpeg

Oh, although I am not a fan, the guy on the left no doubt could hang with Mr. Larson on the dirt as well and he did pretty good on asphalt!
B7823D8E-C0FA-4BD1-B164-F28AEC9D7598.jpeg

Kbach

Reaction score
It's possible to stare at Andy's midget for hours and still find things you hadn't noticed before.
Wait, you’re talking about the car...that’s not code or something is it :oops: 🤣

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Kyle Larson is on fire. In the last 6 days he has won NASCAR at Watkins Glen (Road Course), the next night he wins the Front Row Challenge at Osky (410 Sprint Car) and last night winds the Grand Daddy of all dirt sprint car racing the 60th Knoxville Nationals.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
The wife and I have had the pleasure of seeing him twice at the Silver Dollar speedway in Chico!! He can drive the shit out of a dirt car!

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Don't forget he won the King's Royal at Eldora and the Prairie dirt classic in a Late model. The guy is truly an amazing talent!

wzuber

Reaction score
How did he finish today? I missed the final 3 laps.

wzuber

Reaction score
Thx 530. I figured when he'd given it away when his blocking manuver on Kurt failed, he fell to 5/6th and the caution came out...
Tough spot to race back from at that point.

playdeep

Reaction score
Larson had a 5 second lead on team mate Chase Elliott with 10 to go.
Yellow came out&the race turned into a cluster Phuck.
Overtime restart he got got punted back to 9th.
In 2 laps he made it back to 3rd.
He needed 1 more lap.
Last night in Knoxville he beat 10 time champion Donnie Schatz for the win...outstanding race.
Kid's amazing.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
So let’s see. Briscoe is 2 nd. Comes back on track and gives back the lead after being pushed off track. And is penalized. Rules change race to race. [emoji849] As far as Denny being bump into a spin. Tough shit you little cry baby. How many times have you done it.
The track issues are a whole different topic. Shame it comes down to a track destroying cars and the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I feel worse for Byron hate to say it Busch and others for a fucked up track issue

boatdoc55

Reaction score
I feel worse for Byron hate to say it Busch and others for a fucked up track issue

I mentioned to the wife during the repair/tear-out that Nascar is going to have to inspect the tracks a little better now days before the teams arrive. I realize they don't own the tracks but they are the people that put the races on. Remember when that chunk of concrete when thru Gordons front end.

wzuber

Reaction score
Larson had a 5 second lead on team mate Chase Elliott with 10 to go.
Yellow came out&the race turned into a cluster Phuck.
Overtime restart he got got punted back to 9th.
In 2 laps he made it back to 3rd.
He needed 1 more lap.
Last night in Knoxville he beat 10 time champion Donnie Schatz for the win...outstanding race.
Kid's amazing.
Agreed...he's kicking Azz n hurting feelins.....fun to watch him rule the tracks.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
So.... multi millionaire youngster flies in to a sprint car race, with a motor that his Nascar team owner built him, he comes from the Z main, starts the A main fourteen laps down, wins the race, taking $176K winners purse from starving farmer/sprint car racer from Indiana and y'all call him the GOAT???

YEP, cause I seen him do it when his mom and dad were scraping money together to buy him tires!! Happy for him, hope he wins a bunch more crapcar races and flips em all the bird as he cashes the checks!
Yeah, I'm Larson fan.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Ha. Naw. Im know who the guy is. Talented guy. I tried watching nascar for a bit today. Tried.
What happened to the announcers? They dumped the old nascar guys?

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Like Larson before he was with Hendrick. Am a Chase Elliot fan, but Larson is my number 2 driver. Tearing up Napcar this year. Yes the announcers are terrible on NBC. Anything junior does is mediocre. LOL I think they are better on FOX.

77charger

Reaction score
Hes definitely a great driver no doubt and having a good year but gotta win championships in cup to be in consideration for GOAT.Im sure they will come hes young and has years ahead of him.Theres a few drivers who have great seasons but cant wrap up that championship last year harvick and hamlin had great runs but elliot took it all in must win situations.IMO jimmie is one of the greatest in cup won with 3 differnt styles of cars and 2 different point systems.

As for race yesterday wow those were the longest 4 laps at the end think it was half the race time but drivers know the bumps are there give them an inch they take 10 even after they removed the trouble one some still hit the other bump left.Its their job to know they are there and adjust for that.Was great seeing hamlin punted though cant stand any of the gibbs bitches they all whine must be a team requirement.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
So.... multi millionaire youngster flies in to a sprint car race, with a motor that his Nascar team owner built him, he comes from the Z main, starts the A main fourteen laps down, wins the race, taking $176K winners purse from starving farmer/sprint car racer from Indiana and y'all call him the GOAT???

YEP, cause I seen him do it when his mom and dad were scraping money together to buy him tires!! Happy for him, hope he wins a bunch more crapcar races and flips em all the bird as he cashes the checks!
Yeah, I'm Larson fan.
Could you please translate that for me, the short version???

boatnam2

Reaction score
Could be the GOAT of Sprint cars someday, Steve Kinser might argue that. GOAT of Nascar, I think we will need a few more years to find that out, thing about NASCAR your one rule change away from winning to running top 10.