WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

L.A. Riots from a Cops Perspective

Wedgy

Reaction score
Born and raised in L.A.
Prayers for the City of Angels.

this text I sent to my Son Brandon after leaving Santeee, March 2020

Godspeed Lowriver2, all RDP LEO

Time will tell what the Future holds. But I am very secure in knowing you chose wisely in Earning your Degree. How important are (Our,) People now Brow, now that whaDaya think, this BS crisis forces, hmm, ?40% of workforce out of work? People create Value. Now We The People are twice as valuable for Comeback. I'd rather be leading in this situation Right Broe? Leadership, ( Psychology,) of what motivates different individuals, ethnic, or otherwise, (with all due respect,) is a valuable quality when motivated people are needed in order to create the Solution. Future Leaders who are able to lead in these situations, to Lead, to unlock the human potential which right now becomes the sorely needed Solution. For the Good of the Body as A Whole. I am confident in your ability Brandon and I am with you Always. Yew!

RaceTec

Reaction score
This whole deal sucks, thank you guys for giving us a true perspective and for your service, stay safe!

NicPaus

Reaction score
Please consider using lethal force as that is what it will take to end this. The sooner the less damage the cities will get. If you need back up i am sure many of us will show up ready to fight on your side. Just ask.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen for doing all you can and being out there on the front line. People are behaving like animals and they deserve to be put down like one. I could never show the restraint you guys are forced to show. Stay safe.

Backlash

Reaction score
A very large convoy of vehicles came into our city last night/early this morning. The vehicles were all driving towards a large commercial area with numerous businesses. The local officers saw this and acted proactively. They began following the convoy which realized police were "On to them." The drivers of the vehicles began to drive aggressively with no regard for public safety. The drivers of the vehicles began driving in multiple directions trying to get away from the police officers. At one point, officers initiated a pursuit which was ultimately terminated by supervisors. Some of the vehicle's license plates were obtained and many of the vehicles had registration addresses out of Compton. While nobody was stopped or arrested, I think a large problem was avoided by preventing these looters from entering the commercial areas. Thank you to those officers who were working, who took it upon themselves to push these folks back to where they came from. Job well done!!! 👍😎

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
The city are paying 100 per hour celebs are paying 5000 grand a trip if your swat 10000 grand a week

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Speaking of Law Enforcement not getting the support of the politicians who oversee them...

NYS police union slams Cuomo for ‘zero support’ amid George Floyd protests
By Carl Campanile
June 1, 2020 | 12:23pm | Updated

The head of the union representing the New York State Police slammed Gov. Andrew Cuomo as offering “zero support for us” by not addressing the attacks directed at troopers during violence-plagued protests in the wake of the death of George Floyd in police custody in Minnesota.

State Troopers PBA president Thomas Mungeer also said Cuomo vowed to “diminish the rights of your NYS Troopers” by supporting a law to open up disciplinary records of officers to public inspection and for barring police from cooperating with federal law enforcement under the Green Light Law that allows illegal aliens to get driver’s licenses.

“I find it appalling that you have not condemned the violence directed at your New York State Troopers during the riots across the state. In fact, during your daily briefing today you repeatedly used the word ‘ugly’ to describe recent events but did not acknowledge that the Troopers under your command have been responding to riots with unwavering loyalty to public safety,” Mungeer said in a letter to Cuomo, a copy of which was obtained by The Post.

Mungeer said law enforcement officers are also “outraged” by George Floyd’s deaths at the hands of police and respect the constitutional right of peaceful protest.

“However,” he said, “what Troopers are being called upon to respond to across the state are not peaceful protests or voices of reason urging societal changes, these are violent riots taking place around the state including New York City, Syracuse, Buffalo, Rochester and Albany, just blocks from the Executive Mansion.

“Peaceful protestors do not arrive with hammers and Molotov cocktails, burn police cars, smash the windows of businesses or spray graffiti on St. Patrick’s Cathedral — criminal opportunists and vandals do. Peaceful protestors do not start fires in the streets or to businesses — arsonists do. Peaceful protestors do not gather en masse to openly disregard laws, create havoc and impede on the rights of the general public — rioters do.”
https://nypost.com/2020/05/31/george-floyd-protests-gov-cuomo-says-national-guard-is-on-standby/
State troopers have been dispatched to New York City and upstate to help keep the peace, Mungeer said.

“Unfortunately, our top elected officials, members of the state legislature and including you, Governor, have offered zero support for us. Why haven’t you pointed out that the assaultive actions of violent protestors cause a more assertive response from law enforcers?,” Mungeer said.

“For fulfilling our duties to the people of the state of New York, the proud members of the New York State Troopers PBA have in return been vilified and lumped into a group who you believe doesn’t have the wherewithal to discipline themselves.”

For good measure, Mungeer criticized New York’s “Green Light Law’’ that provides driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants but also “can result in a felony charge to a Trooper simply for providing information to a fellow law enforcement agency if requested.”

He also criticized Cuomo for vowing “to diminish the civil rights of your New York State Troopers through changes to NYS Civil Rights Law section 50a.”
“Governor Cuomo, now is not the time to be politically ashamed of supporting your New York State Troopers. We deserve better,” Mungeer said in the letter.

Attachments

• 1591040258480.gif
    1591040258480.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 84

LowRiver2

Reaction score
The city are paying 100 per hour celebs are paying 5000 grand a trip if your swat 10000 grand a week
As much as I can’t stand you, your numbers are close

Time for Cops to get a moral compass and ditch the anti Cop elite.

I even used to do it 15 years ago as METRO Officer

Never again
Time for the leftists to be left to the masses

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Right?

I’m still trying to decipher what “10000 grand” is.
Mr Cop Hater with crazy wrong stats is trying to say LAPD SWAT and LASD SEB are getting paid $10k a week to travel with elite leftist cop hating , 2nd amendment hating celebrities

He’s actually close on the numbers,
Small Dept. SWAT Cops are on par with LAPD Line Platoon Cops (JV Squad) (I was lol), and get about half that

450grip

Reaction score
WTF. Every time you post something it’s as if English is your third language.
Hahahaha...I read it 5 times, and still have zero idea what the point is.
glad I’m not alone😂

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Mr Cop Hater with crazy wrong stats is trying to say LAPD SWAT and LASD SEB are getting paid $10k a week to travel with elite leftist cop hating , 2nd amendment hating celebrities

He’s actually close on the numbers,
Small Dept. SWAT Cops are on par with LAPD Line Platoon Cops (JV Squad) (I was lol), and get about half that

Thanks.
I figured it out after a bit. Couldn’t find my old hanslator though.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I ran across this place n my Internet travels.. I try to read both sides of the isle on my journeys to at least have some perspective (or see how nutty the nutjobs actually are)

I am by no means posting this to he inflammatory to the cops, but I was wondering in each of these ten or so videos it kinda took me by surprise? Especially some of the ones at the end.. There is one guy yelling to the cops all this kumbayah type stuff and they literally walk out and grab him and drag him behind the line.. lol.

Anyhow take a look and let me know what ya think.

By the way there is an epic video of a guy that gets pepper sprayed and when he turns around again he literally gets shot in the face with a tear gas cannister.. lol. (F’n Ouch!!). I can’t believe he was still standing.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
LAPD car was trying to get away , idiot ran in front of him
No crime
You can argue all you want the Cop was trying to get out of there

already unlawful so the pedestrian loses

next...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
LAPD car was trying to get away , idiot ran in front of him
No crime
You can argue all you want the Cop was trying to get out of there

already unlawful so the pedestrian loses

next...

there is a video that pops up.. stop that one and scroll down. I would ran there ass over too! Lol

there is like ten videos in the background that are all pretty short.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So I ran across this place n my Internet travels.. I try to read both sides of the isle on my journeys to at least have some perspective (or see how nutty the nutjobs actually are)

I am by no means posting this to he inflammatory to the cops, but I was wondering in each of these ten or so videos it kinda took me by surprise? Especially some of the ones at the end.. There is one guy yelling to the cops all this kumbayah type stuff and they literally walk out and grab him and drag him behind the line.. lol.

By the way there is an epic video of a guy that gets pepper sprayed and when he turns around again he literally gets shot in the face with a tear gas cannister.. lol. (F’n Ouch!!). I can’t believe he was still standing.

I watched 5-6 encounters on live TV of LA cops arresting rioters, The cops were being as appropriate and professional as can be expected, and the rioter was always hysterical screaming, jumping, rolling around as if the cops just lit them on fire. The women seem to go absolutely ape shit.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

In the middle of our own “uprising”, lol
I can’t talk about all of them

Cops driving by and spraying
Bad ju ju

NYPD
No way to tell off that snipet what was going on

looked like they were going after multiple arrestees

Not the way we do it but most likelt in policj

it’s not Disneyland, you might get hurt after unlawful assembly order is given

And just notified

We have pallets of bricks being placed throughout LA for rioters

trying to track down delivery truck and a black sedan that has shot at 4 Officers (ambush), in the last 12 hours

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
In the middle of our own “uprising”, lol
I can’t talk about all of them

Cops driving by and spraying
Bad ju ju

NYPD
No way to tell off that snipet what was going on

looked like they were going after multiple arrestees

Not the way we do it but most likelt in policj

it’s not Disneyland, you might get hurt after unlawful assembly order is given

And just notified

We have pallets of bricks being placed throughout LA for rioters

trying to track down delivery truck and a black sedan that has shot at 4 Officers (ambush), in the last 12 hours

Someone is paying for those pallets of bricks.. I would think it would take all of about 15 minutes to figure out who it is?

RD

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Gonna ask this here..... What is "Fuck 12" i see people holding these sings and also painted on cars and buildings....

FCT

Reaction score
Gonna ask this here..... What is "Fuck 12" i see people holding these sings and also painted on cars and buildings....
I was trying to figure that one out too and acab?

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
I was trying to figure that one out too and acab?

ACAB (All Cops Are Bastards) Fuck 12 just means fuck the Police. I'm not sure why this is just what i have read. both are pretty stupid to me

rivergames

Reaction score
My pad is in the city of LA right next to LAX. Hard to get some shut eye the last few nights. Here we go.

1591054426526.png

River Runnin

Reaction score
All the latest news today of LA is, NOTHING! -- Looting all day in daylight? And just letting it happen?? 😲

FCT

Reaction score
ACAB (All Cops Are Bastards) Fuck 12 just means fuck the Police. I'm not sure why this is just what i have read. both are pretty stupid to me
I wouldn’t expect anything less from those low life piles of shit

X Hoser

Reaction score
Stay safe man, thank you for the update. I can't even imagine what it's like to go to work everyday for you guys during these times. A good thought though is to remember that these days won't last forever. We got your back, and the majority of the US does as well.
We need to prove we have their backs by voting out the scumbags running this state! Nothing will change until we do. To the LEO's, stay safe and know I will be voting!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
IMO these riots get worse every year BECAUSE they are patty caked and pushed back instead of brutally beat down.

If you are out there, doing property damage, looting, attacking people, you should be shot dead.

If you are out there filming this, in the mix close enough to see property damage, people attacked, and businesses looted, you should be shot as well.

Sensationalism is what these savages desire, ruin it and butcher offenders, I promise you will see some civil propriety.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
t&y
Stay safe and thank you for your service.
OK, a question
Non lethal detterents not allowed?
tear or???
Less lethal is good to go. But it is a fine line between kicking something off even bigger versus just taking the beating a bit until you get enough back up there.

My take on how to end much of this quickly is with a very violent and immediate response to anyone looting. That would include a very heavy use of "Less Lethal" weapons and a Heavy Use of good old fashioned hands on ass kicking. SOCIETY WILL NOT TOLERATE THAT now. So.... we are stuck peppering them with Less Lethal options trying to move them.

Tactics are being adjusted daily and I believe you will begin to see more proactive action from many departments. Not knocking Long Beach, but they were an embarrassment yesterday and got caught very off guard. They have even acknowledged it. Adjustments are in place and being implemented as we speak.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Are property owners at legal risk defending their property by any means possible? I know any means possible is vague but I would expect means to escalate as the threat escalates.
Yes, they are at risk. Which is why if you were a property owner confronting Looters, I'm positive it would be because as you confronted them they did something that you interpreted as a real and direct threat to your life, the life of your family, or serious bodily harm. I'm sure you would be in fear and only use that force which was necessary to stop the threat.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Yes, they are at risk. Which is why if you were a property owner confronting Looters, I'm positive it would be because as you confronted them they did something that you interpreted as a real and direct threat to your life, the life of your family, or serious bodily harm. I'm sure you would be in fear and only use that force which was necessary to stop the threat.

Pretty sure those were just fireworks officer...I didn't hear any gunshots

Reactions: t&y

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

C39AA858-62A3-4F83-AB24-BA62ACFE23F5.png

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
officer, I had 20 people all running at me with sticks, rocks, bricks, I think some had knives... I was scared shitless for my family's and my life as well..... I really didn't want to reload my shotgun again for the 5th time... but then I ran out of ammo... and I was still SCARED!!!, Luckily I had additional ammo in my ammo safe, which was locked up....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
View attachment 883266 View attachment 883267 View attachment 883268
Today: some of
The property carnage at $105K+ per vehicle
F'k the cars...they can be replaced. I hope the drivers made it home. Yes, the stuff's expensive, but less costly both financially and psychologically to friends and family.

I was just telling my wife, I never would have thought of myself as "Pro Law Enforcement". I believe in right and wrong, good and evil...never so much a backer of the shield. Maybe because I spent so much time doing things wrong. Now, in this current situation, I see the masses moving towards violence. The people organizing the events don't care who gets hurt, or what the actual cost is. Most of these "Protesters" haven't lived long enough to know what pain is, they don't know the fear. They don't know they are pawns. LE could end this quick, but in reality, no one wants blood on their hands... That could be the best solution though.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
F'k the cars...they can be replaced. I hope the drivers made it home. Yes, the stuff's expensive, but less costly both financially and psychologically to friends and family.

I was just telling my wife, I never would have thought of myself as "Pro Law Enforcement". I believe in right and wrong, good and evil...never so much a backer of the shield. Maybe because I spent so much time doing things wrong. Now, in this current situation, I see the masses moving towards violence. The people organizing the events don't care who gets hurt, or what the actual cost is. Most of these "Protesters" haven't lived long enough to know what pain is, they don't know the fear. They don't know they are pawns. LE could end this quick, but in reality, no one wants blood on their hands... That could be the best solution though.

No one got hurt with the cars.
The problem was the drivers left with their Mobile Field Force; not the way we did in Metro
Driver stays with 40mm launcher

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I KNEEL to GOD
No Fucking one else

We had a guy show up downtown last night dressed in military uniform with AR15 and 45
Natl Guard flagged down Our guys , took him into custody

He had 6 mags, still don’t know what his intentions were

Last edited: