WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LA Boat Show - RDP's BIGGEST CONTEST EVER

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm pretty revved up about going to the boat show this year and the ticket contest went over pretty well so lets go BIG on this and give away some more serious prizes. :D

All of these contests are centered around wearing or having RDP Gear Present in the photo.

Drive the Display(s) - Show me your WFO face at Either or Both of the displays that Eddie Marine & Livorsi Marine have! Best WFO Face Picture
Wins 200.00 Gift Certificate from RDP to the winners choice of Either www.eddiemarine.com or Livorsi!

Best Picture - Best Picture of you and or your group at the Boat show in one of the following booths
Eliminator
Nordic
Hallett
Shockwave
Howard

Wins - A Box Anchor (Up to Large 179.00 Value)

"Ready to go Boating" - Are you and your group ready to hit the water now? Did you bring a towel? What would it look like if that boat wasn't in the boat show, but rather was on the water right now? (Picture can be taken anywhere in the boat show)
Wins - A Boat Whip (140.00 Value)

Most Romantic Picture - Picture can be taken anywhere in the boat show
WINS - Gift Certificate from RDP to Topock for Dinner for two / Drinks - 100.00

LATEST MODEL - Best Picture in front of or in the the latest model boat from any Performance MFG - (Nordic 35 Long Deck / Howard 255 / Barron 290 / DCB 33 etc..)
WINS - Certificate from Detail Specialties for 100.00

Single Boat Review! Pick your single favorite boat at the boat show, and do an RDP Style "Review" of it with Pics and what you like about it!
Wins - Boat Bling "C-Note" Package - 100.00

Selfie Time - Take a Picture with any of the following people wearing RDP gear (winner chosen by me) *Please note be polite if they are in the middle of talking to a customer don't interrupt them to take a selfie.

Thane or John from Nordic
Bob from Shockwave
Jake or Staff from Eliminator
Gene Willen From Howard
Hernando from Cobra
Jerry from Barron
Bob, Bill, or Scott from Advantage
Chris from Laveycraft
Joe Rode from Eddie Marine (or staff if he's not there)
Anyone in Livorsi Booth

WINS - "Bahama Style" Button Up RDP Shirt - 75.00 (Available after the boat show)

Spotted - Take a pic of other RDP Members you see at the show wearing gear. Double Points if you can Photo Bomb them without getting caught. :D
Wins - 1 Polo Style / Sport Tek RDP Shirt - 55.00 (Available after the boat show) &
Zip Up Sweat Shirt / RDP Logo - 42.00

Kid Pics - in RDP Apparel (or creative if you don't have any) Anywhere at the boat show
Wins - 2019 Kids Apparel - (limit 1 per kid in photo)

GRAND PRIZE - HIT EM ALL
Custom Made RDP T-Shirts for you and crew with YOUR BOAT on the back. Qty 10 Free (Additionals available for purchase in Sweatshirts and other clothing items ) Retail Value - Priceless

HIT EM ALL - Get a Picture of everyone in your group wearing RDP Apparel AT THE FOLLOWING BOOTHS.

(Largest group is better, but if numbers are short Creativity can win!)

NORDIC
HALLETT (Note even though they are the same booth, a pic must be taken in front of a Nordic and a Hallett)
ELIMINATOR
SHOCKWAVE
HOWARD
BARRON
COBRA
ADVANTAGE
LAVEYCRAFT

After the Boat show I will start a thread with each individual contest, and look forward to seeing the submissions!

RD

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
This should be good.......

Andy01

Reaction score
I'll be at the show walking around or come see me at the DCB booth Saturday or Sunday. I'll give you 460's log in for a free shirt.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did you ever start or finish the boat show review from last year

I finish it every year. It just takes about a month to get it all done so the members always joke that it isn’t ever finished.

Just search Boatshow report and you can see them going all the way back to the beginning.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
WTF is a WFO face?

While Fucking Orgasming? I guess I could do that it in front of one of the booths, two booths and I'm going to need a sandwich in between.:eek::D

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Thanks for the opportunity to join this one Dave! Can't wait to see what the inmates come up with!

We'll even throw in a bonus prize if anyone snaps a pic of a bottle of Boat Bling product (not displayed for sale) in a boat manufacturer's booth. Be sure to tag @Boatbling so we don't miss it.

A good portion of them use our products to wipe off the drool and fingerprints each morning and bottles get stashed somewhere.

Bonus Prize - 1 Hot Sauce Gallon

-Zack

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

d4l

Reaction score
Good luck all[emoji2] wish I could have a shot[emoji85]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing who does it and what they come back with. :). Seems pretty simple to go and snap a couple of pics two win a thousand plus bucks worth of prizes.

I know I'd win the "ready to go boating" one hands down if my family was going and I wasn't putting it on. I'd bring a back pack with some towels and other things and head right on over to the Cactus RV Pontoon section.

IMG_2797.jpg
IMG_7754.jpg
44663978_750506625288191_641212795460937261_n.jpg
8C687ED3-CD8B-4C44-ACDA-8026C0EBCFE3.jpeg
IMG_1850.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2797.jpg
    IMG_2797.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 159

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
I guess us Mid West/ East Coast folks are out. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
WTF is a WFO face?

While Fucking Orgasming? I guess I could do that it in front of one of the booths, two booths and I'm going to need a sandwich in between.:eek::D

Yea, same question here.

Just to be clear Grads, I, and I bet most here, don't really want to see that particular face of yours. I don't even want to hear any details but if you could do that in front of more than three boats in a afternoon, that would be something to be proud of at your age...... None of us are 16 any more.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yea, same question here.

Just to be clear Grads, I, and I bet most here, don't really want to see that particular face of yours. I don't even want to hear any details but if you could do that in front of more than three boats in a afternoon, that would be something to be proud of at your age...... None of us are 16 any more.

Wide fucking open face. Sticks forward.. pedal down. Etc

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I’ll be there in about an hour and a half. Already got a “spotted” :D. Now go photobomb his ass. Lol. And you will be first on two.

LOL I cheated, that was from two years ago but was the poster picture for last years show.
We'll be there Saturday around noon and hope to see some inmates.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Sounds like im taking pics Saturday! No hava, boat show instead. Shitty week, staying local

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Dave. It don't get much better than the last picture in your ready to go boating post. Bout as cute as you can get!
Thumbs up emoji if we had one!

GRADS

Reaction score
Where's all the pics?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the pics from the contest!

Saw a few people taking the pics at the throttle display yesterday. ;)

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Well we made in once we wadded through the parking lot. Met-up and chatted with Thane from Nordic. Super nice guy.

F6557770-E763-4024-A5A0-B6DDB350B24B.jpeg

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Dave it was nice meeting you and your wife, I ran into River Dave and met Bobby The Boozer.
There was some really nice boats we were checking out.
Didn’t even think RD was still there...like wise to you and your family.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Couple of cheap shots to stay
in the game...

DEE17693-2473-4802-B11E-AC50AAB904A5.jpeg
772F9FA0-BB02-4432-8E00-EC61434C42B7.jpeg
640FE2EC-1849-4977-8C05-B9233E7EEE53.jpeg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The wife tried to convince Ol RD that he should add a contest for the youngest attendant after H2O suggested it. I didn't take any pics of much of anything as I was typically distracted keeping an eye on the 2 and 4 year olds while my wife took care of the 10 week old.

That red Cobra was the only one that made me go "Wow!" Their blue open bow was really nice too. I like how it was almost a cross between a walk-off and a walled off bow.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
View attachment 718652
Pic of me and my dad in front of my first "new boat" @ Shockwave, Bob is in the background. I have a 9 and 11 y/o so we designed this 21 Jet to be a fun family boat for lower river.

Congrats! I took a pic of the seating layout because I thought it was perfect for a boat that size. Perfect lower river cruiser.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Seriously? Not a fan at all. They need to hire a new design guy. They are nice people, Jerry was super cool and I wish them the best......but they really crapped the bed with this deck boat.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I disagree. I never thought it looked great in the pics on the trailer but looked great on the water. Seeing it in person I think it looks great! I like more angular designs. It wasn't my favorite at the show, but I really liked it.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

SoCalDave

Reaction score
With this being “RDP’s BIGGEST CONTEST EVER” I’m surprised at the lack of participation.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously? Not a fan at all. They need to hire a new design guy. They are nice people, Jerry was super cool and I wish them the best......but they really crapped the bed with this deck boat.

Had a buddy send me pics of him trying to sit in it. Steering wheel is off center and hits his knee. Not sure how they would fix this.

IMG_1971.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GRADS

Reaction score
The Barron Boats thing is kind of strange, people either love it or hate. I was always told if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

With that said here's my thoughts on the Barron boats:

Last edited:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The Barron Boats thing is kind of strange, people either love it or hate. I was I always told if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

With that said here's my thoughts on the Barron boats:

I was really interested in them and hoped for the best. I think they stuck too much to the classic “hallet” lines and some things (like steering wheel placement) weren’t thought out. They can fix the dated lines by updating their gel schemes but they will have to re tool dash to fix the steering wheel issue.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I was really interested in them and hoped for the best. I think they stuck too much to the classic “hallet” lines and some things (like steering wheel placement) weren’t thought out. They can fix the dated lines by updating their gel schemes but they will have to re tool dash to fix the steering wheel issue.

Think a whole re tool or maybe drill it in a different spot?

I really hope they have success, but with so many other options out there in the deck boat world, they wouldnt be my first choice. I actually really liked this Cobra, but I still think we will end up going with the Howard 255 VTX

IMG_20190111_104326.jpeg

Reactions: DWC