WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

La Paz park

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Supposedly an accident at Roadrunner around noon today. I don't have any more info.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
I was talking to the sheriff med flight guys. Said a 17 yo hit by prop jumping off the back of the boat and air lifted him to Phoenix. Praying he is going to be okay. God bless these first responders!!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I was talking to the sheriff med flight guys. Said a 17 yo hit by prop jumping off the back of the boat and air lifted him to Phoenix. Praying he is going to be okay. God bless these first responders!!
He jumped off the dock while the boat was leaving the beach. Driver was sober. The kid is out of surgery and is going to recover. It was just a freak accident.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
He jumped off the dock while the boat was leaving the beach. Driver was sober. The kid is out of surgery and is going to recover. It was just a freak accident.
Good to hear.

Dan'l

Water Romper

Reaction score
"Sober Driver" leaving the Roadrunner? what are the odds. Thank god the kids going to be OK and imagine how the driver must feel, Had the driver had a few under his belt, he could be in huge trouble even if it wasn't his fault.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
"Sober Driver" leaving the Roadrunner? what are the odds. Thank god the kids going to be OK and imagine how the driver must feel, Had the driver had a few under his belt, he could be in huge trouble even if it wasn't his fault.
I know the driver personally, Been talking to him. He had his kids and wife on board. his quick thinking undoubtedly saved the kids life. He’s pretty shook up about it obviously.

Had he had even one drink this would’ve been a life changing ordeal. Really makes you think. He was tested on site and blew a .000

This was a 100% a freak accident.

Last edited:

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
I am sure the driver is shook up along with that instant scared feeling of loosing everything due to someone else's actions and luckily was still able to think clearly, react and assist in a horrific situation. As quick as the popo is to test a driver/operator in a black and white situation like that even when there are witnesses and such and the cause is blatently apparent i sometimes wish the other involved party could be tested for situational awareness and or common sense. I personally feel like action without consequence is and has become way more the norm. This is in no way to discount the situation being discussed and of course I hope the kid has a speedy recovery. I just don’t like how everything is instantly pointed at the slightest bit of impairment. I see stupid shit every day whether it be on the streets or on the water or even people walking out of the grocery store. My personal opinion is stupid and being oblivious to your surroundings can be more dangerous than slight impairment. The guy or a girl that has a beer with lunch but in a chemical test will show a slight percentage of alcohol is not going to be the catalyst for some atrocity yet in todays quick to judge society that person is instantly at fault and f ed in any situation. Apologies for my rant in advance but after my last 7 days at the river, upper and lower and Havazoo i saw some shit. I am surprised there were not more PWC incidents. Seemed like (to me of course) i saw more new high powered skis flying wide open everywhere with young kids oblivious to their surroundings than ever before. I spent every day there, on various beaches just watching the chaos in my semi submerged chair with an ice cold Tecate lite. I never once put my boat on the water for safety reasons.

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Like Bildo said. The driver is a close friend, he had his wife and two young boys on the boat. He was on his way to pick us up. We have a two year as well and don’t drink with her on the boat. He feels absolutely horrible about what happened, but he did everything correct before and everything he could do to save the boys life after. Yesterday was a horrible day for his and the boys family. Thank God the boy is going to survive. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. I got the call as it was happening and went into a full panic attack, I can only imagine how my friends felt. We spent the evening with him, and all I can say is he is very remorseful and sad.

All in all. We are all far from saints, but we’ve made a decision that we aren’t going to do anything stupid or get involved in accident, with our kids on the boat, and drinking. What everyone else chooses to do is on them. Yesterday however was a perfect example of how quickly life can change. Alcohol would have put my friend in jail and changed his life forever.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Prayers and best wishes for the boy as well as for your friend and his family. I hope his kids didn't see to much.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Like Bildo said. The driver is a close friend, he had his wife and two young boys on the boat. He was on his way to pick us up. We have a two year as well and don’t drink with her on the boat. He feels absolutely horrible about what happened, but he did everything correct before and everything he could do to save the boys life after. Yesterday was a horrible day for his and the boys family. Thank God the boy is going to survive. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. I got the call as it was happening and went into a full panic attack, I can only imagine how my friends felt. We spent the evening with him, and all I can say is he is very remorseful and sad.

All in all. We are all far from saints, but we’ve made a decision that we aren’t going to do anything stupid or get involved in accident, with our kids on the boat, and drinking. What everyone else chooses to do is on them. Yesterday however was a perfect example of how quickly life can change. Alcohol would have put my friend in jail and changed his life forever.
Does the boy have all body parts intact? Prayers to both families involved. I couldn’t imagine. I myself won’t even have one drop while driving the boat anything can happen in a split second.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I've left RR Many times without having a drink. They serve food there too in case you didn't know?

Some of you guys seem to think everyone driving a boat is either drunk or stoned. 🙄

Sure hope the kid is ok. 👍🏼

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Does the boy have all body parts intact? Prayers to both families involved. I couldn’t imagine. I myself won’t even have one drop while driving the boat anything can happen in a split second.
Hes intact but will have some scars.

His family has been in touch with my friend. They completely absolve my friend of any wrong doing and are thankful he jumped in and kept the boy from drowning.
I've left RR Many times without having a drink. They serve food there too in case you didn't know?

Some of you guys seem to think everyone driving a boat is either drunk or stoned. 🙄

Sure hope the kid is ok. 👍🏼

We meet up there on Sunday’s for breakfast. There’s a big group of us, mostly full timers, that have kids. I was grocery shopping yesterday morning and couldn’t make it. Maybe that was for the best.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
We meet up there on Sunday’s for breakfast. There’s a big group of us, mostly full timers, that have kids. I was grocery shopping yesterday morning and couldn’t make it. Maybe that was for the best.

I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever out there on a weekend! 😎