WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

La power outage chart

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
My 5k diesel is still for sale. I’ll extend the Parker outage price to you commies I mean calis
2B4E56D3-AA43-4510-B7FC-AA4FC23917F3.png

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
More bullshit propaganda. This is likely a list of scheduled outages on circuits or portions of those circuits in those cities for maintenance/infrastructure replacement work. Edison is not shutting down entire cities. Number of customers affected would be a couple hundred at most.

It's funny people bitch that the grid is:
"Mismanaged!"
"Outdated!"
"Insufficient!"

But they also bitch when there has to be an outage to perform work in order to avoid the items above.

Can't fix one without the other.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Every time I get a flex alert text , tweet, etc I turn the A/C down a little more.

This state has had ample opportunities to fix and upgrade infrastructure but they choose instead to pander to illegal immigrants and Karen’s. F ‘em.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Fake news, Fake link

In fact, just in…. Lol

View attachment 1151524
What are they talking about!?!?!?!? Couldn’t figure out why the hotel rooms A/C was not kicking in. Then it dawned on me…..they pulled the power from our A/C from the hotel. The spin…. Oh you are doing so well as you are dying in the heat OR your are doing so well as you can’t get to your parents house to give them the medication that they need becuase you couldn’t charge your car….or or Or OR. Thank you government for the scraps that you allow me to eat. :cussing:

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
What are they talking about!?!?!?!? Couldn’t figure out why the hotel rooms A/C was not kicking in. Then it dawned on me…..they pulled the power from our A/C from the hotel. The spin…. Oh you are doing so well as you are dying in the heat OR your are doing so well as you can’t get to your parents house to give them the medication that they need becuase you couldn’t charge your car….or or Or OR. Thank you government for the scraps that you allow me to eat. :cussing:

Sorry I'm not completely following you on your post. I was replying to the fabricated LA County power outage image on the top of this thread. Not sure who "pulled the power from your A/C" but it wasn't SCE. Everything is fine here this week in SoCal, just a mild heat wave that has everyone freaked out. The grid is stable.

Taboma

Reaction score
Sorry I'm not completely following you on your post. I was replying to the fabricated LA County power outage image on the top of this thread. Not sure who "pulled the power from your A/C" but it wasn't SCE. Everything is fine here this week in SoCal, just a mild heat wave that has everyone freaked out. The grid is stable.
I checked the SDG&E outage site yesterday after seeing most inland San Diego temps hovering at 100 degrees. At 2PM I could only find two "Unplanned" in the county, with a total of about 800 customers inconvenienced for a couple of hours. I know it would suck to be one of the affected, but knowing how much electrical devices are strained by heat, I was actually impressed.
They renovated and upgraded our entire area and circuit a few years ago. They came out and met with a group of us neighbors, worked with us planning it to mitigate outage time and disruption taking into consideration our extremely narrow private roads. SDG&E did a great job of planning, coordination and execution of the project.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Here is my outage story. Temecula had an outage on Wednesday. Now some people on here are saying .. oh well it’s not a big deal and , doesn’t affect many...ect But it is a big deal. We had to close. This ended up costing us a large part of the days sales.. we also had to send home approximately 50 of our team members who will not be getting their days wage. So everytime I hear people say fake new or bullshit, I say... ask those who were not able to work how they feel. I’m sure they feel differently. And one more thing, I was I 3 different centers on Wednesday, and there were EV cars charging in every one. So yes, people do charge their cars during peak hours.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Here is my outage story. Temecula had an outage on Wednesday. Now some people on here are saying .. oh well it’s not a big deal and , doesn’t affect many...ect But it is a big deal. We had to close. This ended up costing us a large part of the days sales.. we also had to send home approximately 50 of our team members who will not be getting their days wage. So everytime I hear people say fake new or bullshit, I say... ask those who were not able to work how they feel. I’m sure they feel differently. And one more thing, I was I 3 different centers on Wednesday, and there were EV cars charging in every one. So yes, people do charge their cars during peak hours.

I don’t get it. The CAISO site said there was plenty of power to the grid. What gives? 😂

On a serious note, I’m sorry your business and others were impacted, and continue to be year after year during this time.

Reactions: DWC

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
So everytime I hear people say fake new or bullshit, I say... ask those who were not able to work how they feel.

Again, all I said was the image of the LA county power outages at the top of this thread was fake, and it is. I never said that power outages are fake or not a big deal to people and their livelihoods. Just trying to keep a real perspective on things.

Some people that drive EV's do have to charge on the road, no doubt. But, the vast majority don't . EV's make the most sense when you charge them at night, while sleeping, at a low KWH rate and not on the road. I pay 21 cents a KWH at night whereas Supercharger rates are more than double.

MSum661

Reaction score
The information in the above image looks real to me..

But so do some of the fake breast's I've seen.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
^^ "Planned" outages.... a lot of maintenance outages

boatnam2

Reaction score
Must of missed LBC, had that shit blowing night and day, while i water the yard.

TCHB

Reaction score
More bullshit propaganda. This is likely a list of scheduled outages on circuits or portions of those circuits in those cities for maintenance/infrastructure replacement work. Edison is not shutting down entire cities. Number of customers affected would be a couple hundred at most.

It's funny people bitch that the grid is:
"Mismanaged!"
"Outdated!"
"Insufficient!"

But they also bitch when there has to be an outage to perform work in order to avoid the items above.

Can't fix one without the other.
Puré BS.

shaffewm

Reaction score
All the planned outages we had this week were cancelled due to the heat.

fishing fool

Reaction score
We just had a "unplanned outage" tube leak in boiler