LA Roadster Show - Pomona

milkmoney

Reaction score
I went one year ..I loved it .
Would like to go again someday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KevinR

Reaction score
Went for many years with my dad as it’s always on Fathers Day. Have not been back since he moved to Havasu. Need to get it back on the calendar.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
yup, if this is the same show as the "good guys" used to do, it never would disappoint. I used to take the kids and follow dad around.

rvrrun

Reaction score
3719614C-13A4-4ACD-ADE9-B44EB1B173E0.jpeg
Richard goes every year with a bunch of friends to sell. He will have the '57 LCF that we built a few years ago loaded with parts.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Good show for sure ,I was going to bring my 34 coupe .
Decided to head to the river for 4 days

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Rumor was that LA roadsters was taking back controll of the show this year. They hadn't actually run it the past two.
Since I moved out of Cali, only made if a few times. Usually if I have a car to sell, or way too many parts, it's a good place to go. Still one of the best swapmeets...probably the best on the west coast for early hotrod stuff.

motormonkey

Reaction score
Great show. Used to go every year with Dad and seeing friends. Great swap meet for finding rare parts , deals, projects, and meeting people.

Swain

Reaction score
We used to have a booth but the past 5 years its been so spread out its been bad for vendors. Guess its good for spectators

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We used to have a booth but the past 5 years its been so spread out its been bad for vendors. Guess its good for spectators
My friend owns "Absolute Sheetmetal", the artist formerly known as "Bitchin Products". He said this year he's going to setup in the swapmeet, and not have a vendor space. The vender booths are pricey as hell, and sometimes the products aren't the types to bring money back that weekend. Most of the show goers don't realize some of the costs...LARS isn't one of the more expensive shows. Goodguys or NSRA shows used to start at 500$ for a corner 10x10, then add 100$ for every additional:confused: Gets expensive in a hurry for the big booth vendors.

Swain

Reaction score
My friend owns "Absolute Sheetmetal", the artist formerly known as "Bitchin Products". He said this year he's going to setup in the swapmeet, and not have a vendor space. The vender booths are pricey as hell, and sometimes the products aren't the types to bring money back that weekend. Most of the show goers don't realize some of the costs...LARS isn't one of the more expensive shows. Goodguys or NSRA shows used to start at 500$ for a corner 10x10, then add 100$ for every additional:confused: Gets expensive in a hurry for the big booth vendors.

We do Good Guys and used to do NSRA but now not many people are going to shows for specials since you can get anything you want on sale on the internet. We used to sell 10-20 sets of wheels at car shows now we get lucky if we sell 1 or 2

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We do Good Guys and used to do NSRA but now not many people are going to shows for specials since you can get anything you want on sale on the internet. We used to sell 10-20 sets of wheels at car shows now we get lucky if we sell 1 or 2
I quit the road dog routine about 15 years ago. We were just starting to see how eBay and such were effecting the game. Now, you see people comparison shopping on their phones while at the shows. Makes it tough. People will rather have it show up the next day from Amazon, than buy it at a show price and put it on the shelves until they're ready.

I miss the road trips to the shows, and the shows themselves. I think I'm fine being a spectator now though. Lots of time away from home.