WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LA TRAFFIC**FED SHUTDOWN*

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
With the ObamaCare shutdown I noticed it was pretty nice...also made me realize how many people worked for the "Man" in LA:confused:

Reactions: DWC

Floatin'

Lurker Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It's a big paid vacation for the fed workers. Full back pay when things resume...

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
It's because LAUSD was closed for winter break and school opened again on 1/7/19. Also the teachers are on strike today and most parents are keeping their kids home. Traffic will go back to shit as soon as the teachers strike is over.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It's because LAUSD was closed for winter break and school opened again on 1/7/19. Also the teachers are on strike today and most parents are keeping their kids home. Traffic will go back to shit as soon as the teachers strike is over.
Just heard about the teacher strike on the radio. Funny, want less students per teacher, but want more non-taxpayer families...I'm no math genius, but...

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Just heard about the teacher strike on the radio. Funny, want less students per teacher, but want more non-taxpayer families...I'm no math genius, but...
It's amazing. I was listeng to some school super saying how class will go on as normal. kids will be safe , learn and be fed. Then the newscaster goes on to say that 80% of students in the LAUSD are either 100% covered or subsidized on their meals. I was like WTF. I thought it was school not daycare. Feed your own damn kids.

Sorry for the threadjack..

HBCraig

Reaction score
Almost as nice as the million man March day.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I feel really bad for the shut down and those that are effected by not being paid.... But damn, traffic to and from DTLA has been great for the past 3 weeks!! Anyone else notice?
I think the bigger thing has been all of LAUSD on winter break. Traffic is always light during that period. Once school is back in the traffic returns with a vengance. You want to really see light traffic.....Jewish Holidays are the bomb!

Bear Down

Reaction score
I think the bigger thing has been all of LAUSD on winter break. Traffic is always light during that period. Once school is back in the traffic returns with a vengance. You want to really see light traffic.....Jewish Holidays are the bomb!
I work in produce...so when the Jews are on Vacation, LA market is DEAD.... Its pretty noticeable.. I work early morning hours, but even then, I see the traffic lower than normal... I'll enjoy it while I can.

rrrr

Reaction score
It's amazing. I was listeng to some school super saying how class will go on as normal. kids will be safe , learn and be fed. Then the newscaster goes on to say that 80% of students in the LAUSD are either 100% covered or subsidized on their meals. I was like WTF. I thought it was school not daycare. Feed your own damn kids.

Sorry for the threadjack..

100% of kids in DISD receive free breakfast and lunch. The number of white students has fallen to 12% of total, now SJWs are claiming the schools are segregated because the makeup is all minority.

How the f#ck do you fix that? How is it segregation if the minorities are the overwhelming majority? What do they propose to do? Maybe DISD could kidnap white kids from Plano and Frisco.

The fixation of society on identity politics is out of control.