WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Labor Day in the Bay

Magic34

Reaction score
It's official, I no longer consider myself a lake boater. :) Never going back.

boat in slip.jpg

boat side tie.jpg

beach sunset.jpg

beach kids 2.jpg

110' Horizon

el mirar 2.jpg

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Step up your maintenance schedule and plan on spending more. But agreed, the ocean is awesome for boating!

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
It's about time you saw the light!! I remember talking to you a few years ago after your first ocean run and you weren't too thrilled. :)

With your boat, lake Pacific is where it's at. San Diego is probably a perfect fit for you, lots of good places to go there. :thumbsup

Magic34

Reaction score
Step up your maintenance schedule and plan on spending more. But agreed, the ocean is awesome for boating!

My routine is pretty extensive. Flush motors with salt away for 5 min each. Rinse boat, wash boat with soap, rinse again. Cockpit cover, the full boat cover down to the trailer and over the radar arch. It is a 3-4 hour process from the time I get back on the trailer.

Wax the boat with my stuff every time before launching. Don't keep it in water for more than 4 days at a time, usually washing down on the water at end of each day too.

Zincs will be due next month but other than that, I am thinking I can keep it looking lake fresh. You very well could be right, time will tellas I learn more how it all goes.

Storing my boat in the oven, I mean storage unit in Havasu may be worse than the salt water. I wouldn't keep it in a storage unit in havasu again even if it was free!

gqchris

Reaction score
Don't worry, you will be back:) You can never quench the lake thirst.

I live in Long Beach, did the 30' cruiser in the slip for two years. Got tired of all the expenses. I mean , just one bill after another. And I work on my own stuff. So this was diver, slip fees, zincs etc. etc.

Curious though how does the Havasu storage units mess up the boats? I have had boats on and off at the lake for almost a decade. Never noticed an issue except for the dust blowing into the unit sometimes?Very light.

Enjoy the ocean, its an awesome:thumbup: boating experience!
Chris

Magic34

Reaction score
Don't worry, you will be back:) You can never quench the lake thirst.

I live in Long Beach, did the 30' cruiser in the slip for two years. Got tired of all the expenses. I mean , just one bill after another. And I work on my own stuff. So this was diver, slip fees, zincs etc. etc.

Curious though how does the Havasu storage units mess up the boats? I have had boats on and off at the lake for almost a decade. Never noticed an issue except for the dust blowing into the unit sometimes?Very light.

Enjoy the ocean, its an awesome:thumbup: boating experience!
Chris

Batteries exploded due to heat, transom wood dried out causing fittings to be loose and leak water (took 2 days to figure this one out), headliner glue melting and causing a sag. Too dry and hot in those things.