WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Labor day Quick Job

joecfd1

Reaction score
What else do you do on Labor Day but favors for friends. It's what I call a Polish tunnel ram. This is for
Walt Barkers 1964 Mandella. He had a pair on the boat but they were open plenum style.
2.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

joecfd1

Reaction score
Wow!! Nice job with the water jet 🤣🤣🤣
It’s reassuring to know if the handyman thing doesn’t work out you always have comedy to fall back on! 🤣🤣🤣 And you better be nice as I’m sure you’ll want more Schiada parts in the future…

lenmann

Reaction score
Nice work. I like how you let the machine handle all the deburring.

You open for side jobs?

joecfd1

Reaction score

You open for side jobs?
Haha… I retired 3 years ago but kept 1 machine to tinker… I’m too lazy to deburr parts… I‘d rather sit at the computer and program a deburring cycle than deburr parts… End result is a much nicer part too…

joecfd1

Reaction score
It’s my typical ..060 offset and .070 depth which yields a theoretical .010 chamfer…

joecfd1

Reaction score

You open for side jobs?
As for the side job question, @Sawtooth has me on retainer to build Schiada parts but as long as he doesn’t find out, I’m game… 🤣🤣🤣

mattyc

Reaction score
Bad ass. How long did it take to write the program for that piece? And how long is the run time to completion? I run some manual machines and I joke about how many days I have into a silly little piece
@joecfd1

joecfd1

Reaction score
Bad ass. How long did it take to write the program for that piece? And how long is the run time to completion? I run some manual machines and I joke about how many days I have into a silly little piece
@joecfd1
Very rairly do I use a manual machine anymore... I'm waaaay too lazy! I probably have 1/2 hour in programming. There are 3 programs actually, top of part, softjaws, and bottom of part. Actual run time is probably 20-25 minutes each.