WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Labor day weekend

69hondo

Reaction score
What are you doing for the long weekend?
We were going to go to the motocross races in Temecula but I keep getting told no good place to view the race there and getting out can be a nightmare.
Boat is broke "again" so thats out.
Thinking about dusting the buggy off and heading up the back way to Big Bear from the house.

RVRKID

Reaction score
We were going to go to the motocross races in Temecula but I keep getting told no good place to view the race there and getting out can be a nightmare.
Thinking about dusting the buggy off and heading up the back way to Big Bear from the house.
Wouldn't going up to Big Bear be part of the "closed" forest?

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
National Forest is closed right now due to fire personnel being stretched so thin. Might want to reconsider before loading up the off road toys.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Vegas...going to our 2020 postponed Rebelution concert at Mandalay

Dreading the thought of the Cajon. Probably leave early tomorrow

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Fox Raceway absolutely blows from a parking standpoint. The first race they had in 2019 took us well over an hour and a half just to get inside the complex.

Then this past May we literally moved 50 feet in two hours when trying to get out of the parking lot, no lie...getting into the race was fine though. They had one lane to exit from our area of the lot. Just imagine 20 rows converging into one. 🤬

My suggestion would be to leave well before the race is over, or bring a barbecue and tailgate afterwards and don’t worry about leaving anytime after the race.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Took an extra day off. Chillin like usual.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If we’re not at the river on Labor Day Weekend we usually go Bicycle Bar Hopping in Newport. Good Times!!

69hondo

Reaction score
Wouldn't going up to Big Bear be part of the "closed" forest?

National Forest is closed right now due to fire personnel being stretched so thin. Might want to reconsider before loading up the off road toys.

Yes it is very possible its closed but there are so many trails I cant see how they would close them all and if so no big deal we leave right from the house. No loading and unloading to have to deal with.

Boat Potato

Reaction score
Heading to Arrowhead for some boating and BBQ'ing for my birthday. Also the boat light parade on Saturday.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Going up to the cool pines in the morning to hang out with friends/family that are up there camping. Having a BBQ at our house on Sunday and doing a little boating on Monday.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Camping at our friends house in Murrieta with a few other friends with motorhomes

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Yes it is very possible its closed but there are so many trails I cant see how they would close them all and if so no big deal we leave right from the house. No loading and unloading to have to deal with.
Possibly might be down for a night ride to slash x

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Just don't get caught buddy. Leo for the USFS just stated this morning that they have given out several $5,000.00 citations between Arrowhead and Big Bear this week before the weekend. Of course one dude had several warrants and his vehicle hasn't been registered for the last 6 months... So maybe just a slap on the wrist for you, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

69hondo

Reaction score
Pretty damn good day so far.

20210904_140153.jpg
20210904_143231.jpg

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Been cleaning up around the house in texas since we've been gone most of the summer. Mowed the yard, killed 9 hornet/wasp nests. Washed the house down...

Tomorrow morning im going to finish cleaning the outdoor furniture, setting up the grill stuff etc again since we aren't heading west again till Thanksgiving (im flying to Monster).

Going to take the 11yo to Josh Abbot Band tomorrow night. MaK is sick from daycare so that killed most plans... Im pretty good with staying home this weekend...go-go-go gets old.