WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Laguna Seca WTF

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I was watching the most recent roadkill episode and they rented the track. I guess there is a decibel limit so they have to run the cars as quiet as possible in turn 5????? WTF. It’s a race track? They had one of the cars get kicked off the track for being too loud. Unbelievable. How can they run races with a race cars and a decibel limit?

Reactions: DWC

76sanger

Reaction score
Gotta love the progressive liberal asswipes that live close to the track. These motherfuckers move near these places and then start crying and bitching until someone caves to them. Need to cave (BASH) these assholes heads in. ERRR....I mean kill them!!!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I was watching the most recent roadkill episode and they rented the track. I guess there is a decibel limit so they have to run the cars as quiet as possible in turn 5????? WTF. It’s a race track? They had one of the cars get kicked off the track for being too loud. Unbelievable. How can they run races with a race cars and a decibel limit?
Its been like that for as long as I can remember. I went for a motorcycle track day, bikes had to have factory exhausts. Lots of wealthy libs live in the hills around the track.

lf2

Reaction score
The Thermal track out by Indio is the same way. My father in law gets invited from time to time and one time he was going to bring his Porsche cup car and the person that invited him asked how loud it was he said its a race car so not quiet, he asked him to bring another car as they dont like loud cars there.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
My old stomping grounds.....nothing stays the same. Yes, tons of liberals in expensive real estate around there

Mototrig

Reaction score
I watched that same episode and I was shocked. Then I remembered it's California.

Good on Finnegan keeping it to the floor after being black flagged for a lap+.

The wealthy libs are ruining this state.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

No offense but where have you been? The Kalifornia libtards in that "exclusive" coastal area have had that great racetrack like that for a long time

Last edited:

Javajoe

Reaction score
Its been like that for as long as I can remember. I went for a motorcycle track day, bikes had to have factory exhausts. Lots of wealthy libs live in the hills around the track.
All bike’s that race AMA Supercross get tested every weekend before they race

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
It was like that in the late 90's-early 2000's when I was racing there.

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
The same group is trying to stop drag boat racing at Lake Ming in Bakersfield! They shouldn’t be allow to race at this facility! That’s who build the facility for drag boats!!!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Same people that buy houses near an airport then protest about the noise and try to shut them down...

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Try flying from John Wayne airport and the crew doesn't tell you about cutting back the throttles
I thought we were going in the ocean lol

HotRod82

Reaction score
Yep. Here’s how the GT 3 guys get around it.
5DCB6C1C-D970-49AC-9209-A23FD1044815.jpeg

BONER

Reaction score
We always had a different set of mufflers for Laguna, even in the 90's.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I’ve seen both GP and Superbike races at Seca. Those things are loud as hell. Did they get passes, or is this new?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Same reason the boats had mufflers clamped to the headers at Long Beach 30 years ago.

Cdog

Reaction score
Yep we have to run a special muffler for Laguna Seca, Sonoma & Thunder hill. It's F'n Stupid.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
U sumbitches never heard of a laguna pipe?

wallnutz

Reaction score
The couple times I have been to Laguna I never noticed noise being toned down, but they were big sanctioned events maybe that was the difference. When we did short course off road racing at Pomona, they had a window when they could practice and race. There were a few times practice was actually cut short do to the quiet time. I'm not sure how it is for the drag races there.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
Reminds me of some people that moved next door to a long standing gun club in Oregon, then sued the gun club for too much noise. If I was the judge I would have tossed out their case.