WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Arrowhead fire

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Multiple Boats Burn on Lake Arrowhead

This morning San Bernardino County Fire crews were dispatched to a reported boat fire in the 800 block of Highway 173. 911 callers stated smoke and fire from boats docked on Lake Arrowhead.

Arriving crews found multiple boats well involved with multiple boats and the dock immediately threatened. Firefighters manned nearby Boat 92, working off the fire boat platform to make a safe and immediate fire attack. Utilizing the fire boat’s pumps, hose compliment and unlimited water supply, the fire was knocked down in approximately 20 minutes. Multiple boats on fire also burned through their dock lines, causing them to float freely, while on fire. Firefighters worked to extinguish & corral the free-floating boats before they caused additional damage. In total seven boats were destroyed and five boats were damaged. The dock also received major damage. Crews remained on scene for multiple hours working on overhaul, salvage and investigation.

Arrowhead Lake Association (ALA) was notified for a response as they manage lake operations and the boat docks. San Bernardino County Haz-Mat personnel also responded due to potential fluids and other hazards that may impact the lake. Haz-Mat personnel will continue to support ALA in their clean-up efforts. The cause and origin of the fire is under investigation by #SBCoFD investigators.

Boat & dock fires pose a hazard for firefighters as both can sink, making the fire boat a vital resource to suppress the fire. Firefighters are specially trained in shipboard firefighting, fire boat operations and cross-staff the boat from nearby Station 92.

San Bernardino County Fire responded with two Engines, a Fire Boat, a Hazardous Materials Team, Battalion Chief, & a Fire Investigator.

Incident - Boat & Dock Fire
Date / time - 7/16/21, 4:06AM
Location - Boat Docks near 800 block of Highway 173, Lake Arrowhead.
Contact - Mike McClintock, Battalion Chief /
PIO, [email protected]
FB_IMG_1626449961949.jpg
FB_IMG_1626449956753.jpg
FB_IMG_1626449952596.jpg
FB_IMG_1626449947715.jpg
FB_IMG_1626449930534.jpg
FB_IMG_1626449924802.jpg
FB_IMG_1626449916679.jpg
FB_IMG_1626449912517.jpg

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Awful, one looks to be a Hallett 240. Very sad for all involved.

Ski races are tonight.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
So sad foe many. :(

brgrcru

Reaction score
Rip to all those boats

But really ? 24 ‘ boat on that lake ?
Wow ! it must have really turned into a shit show on that lake for a 24’

Water Romper

Reaction score
Look how these boats are burned, Arson maybe? Also, I bet as a fireman, they love going on these calls, No, not because fire is destroying property but because of unlimited water and major water pressure, those fire boats have serious throwing power, like a jet-o-vater on a Saturday morning at pirates. Glad no one was hurt and really glad it didn't set the mountain on fire.

WYRD

Reaction score
I was thinking intentional as well 🤔

X Hoser

Reaction score
Look how these boats are burned, Arson maybe? Also, I bet as a fireman, they love going on these calls, No, not because fire is destroying property but because of unlimited water and major water pressure, those fire boats have serious throwing power, like a jet-o-vater on a Saturday morning at pirates. Glad no one was hurt and really glad it didn't set the mountain on fire.
I operated the fire boat on Lake Arrowhead for many years. You are correct, unlimited water supply. Sometimes a little tricky to maneuver to overcome the nozzle reaction. I have even supplied fire engines on shore to fight structure fires close to the lake.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score

that is what I’m hearing

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Rip to all those boats

But really ? 24 ‘ boat on that lake ?
Wow ! it must have really turned into a shit show on that lake for a 24’

26 is the legal limit now. Though I did see a RaysonCraft/Dana 27 Offshore the other weekend, I don't know how they got that on there, they usually check the model given for your boat for it not to be over 26. I have a 26 for the simple fact that yes, the lake is a shit show, and the 26 is the reaction to the wake tug crowds making it a washing machine.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Shitty deal for those who lost boats. What time are the ski races tomorrow?

Taboma

Reaction score
that is what I’m hearing

Like an idiot(s) with leftover fireworks, or somebody cut somebody off revenge ?
Damn, that lake used to get pretty choppy in the afternoons by the late 60's, with maybe 20% the number of boats it seems are on the lake now. I can't imagine :eek:

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
That is so sad to see. Curious to see if they have cameras around there docks

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Heard something through the rumor mill that it may have been fuel theft gone wrong.... someone at night trying to syphon or pump fuel out of boats.

Not sure how valid that is, but at $5 a gallon i could see it being a possibility.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Heard something through the rumor mill that it may have been fuel theft gone wrong.... someone at night trying to syphon or pump fuel out of boats.

Not sure how valid that is, but at $5 a gallon i could see it being a possibility.

LoL...

We siphoned gas all the time when we were kids, and gas was a whole lot less than that!

Some fuckface siphoned all the 2-stroke oil out of my oil tank a year or two ago. Good thing I always check it every time I go out.

Probably some POS jet skiier. Or you know, maybe that Karma chick. They say, she is a bitch...

😜

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Shitty deal for those who lost boats. My neighbors dock is a couple over. Thank god we have a good Fire department with a kickass boat! 5.00 a gallon for crap gas too, heard a lot of boats missing last year and I think because of the fuel.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
26 is the legal limit now. Though I did see a RaysonCraft/Dana 27 Offshore the other weekend, I don't know how they got that on there, they usually check the model given for your boat for it not to be over 26. I have a 26 for the simple fact that yes, the lake is a shit show, and the 26 is the reaction to the wake tug crowds making it a washing machine.

Which one? And that one is exactly 27’2”.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Is that for ski racing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a long time ago but I've lent a 23 Malibu wakeboard boat to the cause a couple times and others have done the same with other wakeboard boats. So its an odd mix of 18-24 Schiadas/Hallets and then one wakeboard boat or two because they will take anything they will get now. Its not the old days.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Which one? And that one is exactly 27’2”.

Which one...RaysonCraft/Dana? I have crappy pics of it that doesn't really show it well. But the model is distinctive and I was around RaysonCraft while they were building them so I know it pretty well from a silhouette/look. Plus I saw it at the launch ramp where I got a good look at it as well and thought to myself "nice 27" while wondering how he was going to get it on the lake.

I know with my 26 I must have asked the ALA a dozen times how they measured, if they did, what they wanted for it to be counted as a 26, etc. All I ever got was "manufacturer has to sell it as a 26". Hell I could have had Bob (Leach) sell me a 30 and call it the 26 Blind Man's Edition model and ALA probably would have accepted it. But the RC/Dana has only ever been a 27 so not sure if they did some magic on the MSO or registration.

Honestly ALA should be more concerned about displacement with ballast than boat size but the Lake Safety Committee is obsessed with boat length being the problem and not how a wakeboard boat can weigh more than a tug boat, or the way people drive at just planing making the largest wakes possible regardless of their boat size.

welldigger00

Reaction score
I got the skinny from one of my kids that heard that there were a group of kids that ran sacked several boats, and found some flares. Then they lit those flares off and we’re fucking around with them, and tossed one in a boat. My buddy Brian has the two end slips. His boats were good, but they did slice his boat cover right down the middle and went through all his shit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KevinR

Reaction score
Dang! Hate to see that. Glad he’s OK. We were in the Ski Club back in the 70’s and early 80’s. Some of the other families back then were: Kompaniez, Gibson, Gallal, Rouse, MacKenzie, Frank, Cummings, Schadrack, Frye, Moran, Knapp, Tankledge.
Any of these families still active today?

OC Mike

Reaction score
I got the skinny from one of my kids that heard that there were a group of kids that ran sacked several boats, and found some flares. Then they lit those flares off and we’re fucking around with them, and tossed one in a boat. My buddy Brian has the two end slips. His boats were good, but they did slice his boat cover right down the middle and went through all his shit.

Certainly sounds plausible.
I have a hard time accepting even the most ignoramous, fucktard, moron would throw a lit flare into a boat not knowing things would go bad.
But then again..........

Sincerely hope they catch them.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Which one...RaysonCraft/Dana? I have crappy pics of it that doesn't really show it well. But the model is distinctive and I was around RaysonCraft while they were building them so I know it pretty well from a silhouette/look. Plus I saw it at the launch ramp where I got a good look at it as well and thought to myself "nice 27" while wondering how he was going to get it on the lake.

I know with my 26 I must have asked the ALA a dozen times how they measured, if they did, what they wanted for it to be counted as a 26, etc. All I ever got was "manufacturer has to sell it as a 26". Hell I could have had Bob (Leach) sell me a 30 and call it the 26 Blind Man's Edition model and ALA probably would have accepted it. But the RC/Dana has only ever been a 27 so not sure if they did some magic on the MSO or registration.

Honestly ALA should be more concerned about displacement with ballast than boat size but the Lake Safety Committee is obsessed with boat length being the problem and not how a wakeboard boat can weigh more than a tug boat, or the way people drive at just planing making the largest wakes possible regardless of their boat size.

Yeah I owned one. That’s why I was wondering which one it was. Gel design…

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Dang! Hate to see that. Glad he’s OK. We were in the Ski Club back in the 70’s and early 80’s. Some of the other families back then were: Kompaniez, Gibson, Gallal, Rouse, MacKenzie, Frank, Cummings, Schadrack, Frye, Moran, Knapp, Tankledge.
Any of these families still active today?

Its pretty much just the Franks now, IIRC. Havent seen Cummings, Kompaniez, Frye. Not sure on the others. The three I mentioned were in NWSRA back when we were. MacKenzie I am not sure either (though I believe the granddaughter (?) runs the ski school these days along with Justin). I was around LAWSC back when Valerie Kompaniez was running it and it was a strong active club. Its trying to stay relevant today as the turnout seems to hit or miss depending on the weekend. I applaud them for trying to keep it going, if they dont it will likely never come back because I think the ALA probably wishes it would go away. I volunteer my time as much as I can for the weekend races as I hope its around as long as possible. Its part of the Arrowhead history.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Yeah I owned one. That’s why I was wondering which one it was. Gel design…

I'll try to get those pictures posted for you. No promises on making out anything. It was a ways off and I was zooming with an iPhone from another boat.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Who is running the water ski club now? I’d like to help or volunteer if needed….. pm me with info maybe. Thank you

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

If true, I hope they slip on a dock and drown one day. We have enough morons in this world already and don’t need others to procreate.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Nikki Yoder is running the program. We could always use more help, from skiers to observers, to patrols. Seems like we’ve got enough drivers very time. Check out ski_arrowhead on Instagram for the race schedule.