WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Billy Chinook

dspracing

Reaction score
We spent Sunday and Monday of Labor Day weekend at Lake Billy Chinook following a wedding on Saturday. It's not quite my thing but it was certainly fun to check out a different style of lake living.

Unfortunately, the basin was filled with smoke from the adjacent fires but the water was wet and the beers were cold. This lake is a man-made reservoir at the junction of three rivers ( Crooked, Deschutes, and Metolius) as a result, the water color varies based on which part of the lake you are on. Our friends own property at the adjacent 3 rivers landowners association which is where we camped. Very cool concept, everything from bare land to massive off grid homes. Private marina, offroading, shooting and comradery.

IMG_0701.JPEG
IMG_0680.JPEG
IMG_0683.JPEG
IMG_0687.JPEG
IMG_0696.JPEG
IMG_0691.JPEG
IMG_0692.JPEG
IMG_0693.JPEG

poncho

Reaction score
In the mid 90's I was working on the Oregon Coast and met a Gal whose Son and college friends rented a houseboat and invited us over for the weekend. Had an absolute blast and what a beautiful lake, always wanted to go back.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
We boat there a few times a year. Great lake, always has water, and typically pretty warm. My normal group was also there this past weekend.