WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Cumberland

Orangegazm

Reaction score
Any Lake Cumberland peeps here ? Looking to Buy a couple acres (2-5) to build on. First.... yes I'm from California but not Berkley !!! I live in the country, We have foothills, mountains, farms, ranches, wildlife, I like to fish, hunt, shoot guns, have fast boats and cars and I love Bourbon .... not some liberal Fucktard !!!

Looking for advice on location, It has to be very close to the lake but not necessarily lake front, Somewhat secluded but within 30-45 minutes to town. I know Somerset is the bigger city.... I don't want to be there.

Thanks,
Jeff

SkiDoc

Reaction score
I have a house on Cumberland Lake on the North Central part of the lake near Nancy and have been going to Lake Cumberland for all my 55 years. Good location even just a little more than an hour from Makers Mark. I am lakefront with a community boat ramp and dock. They are going to build a new distillery in Somerset.
Somerset is really the only town which will have most things you will need. Alternatively Monticello and Jamestown are smaller and offer quite a few things.
The East part of the Lake has diverse offerings. The Big South Fork area is beautiful with more hills and mountains. The river part of the lake is narrow winding clear and beautiful with a lot of access points. A lot of people don't think about this area.
The West end of the lake where the Dam is offers very wide beautiful scenery. Jamestown is the biggest town there. This area is the go to place for "offshore" powerboaters.
It has dramatically less driftwood than the East part of the lake.
The North side of the lake has easier access to Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green and Nashville.
Most of the homes on the lake have a view but no direct access.
What you are looking for is abundent and inexpensive and everywhere.
How do you want to boat?
Me personally, I would want to be around the Somerset area on the North side. The West end of the lake is best enjoyed with a houseboat lifestyle.
I would be happy to talk to you and answer any questions. Eric

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I have a house on Cumberland Lake on the North Central part of the lake near Nancy and have been going to Lake Cumberland for all my 55 years. Good location even just a little more than an hour from Makers Mark. I am lakefront with a community boat ramp and dock. They are going to build a new distillery in Somerset.
Somerset is really the only town which will have most things you will need. Alternatively Monticello and Jamestown are smaller and offer quite a few things.
The East part of the Lake has diverse offerings. The Big South Fork area is beautiful with more hills and mountains. The river part of the lake is narrow winding clear and beautiful with a lot of access points. A lot of people don't think about this area.
The West end of the lake where the Dam is offers very wide beautiful scenery. Jamestown is the biggest town there. This area is the go to place for "offshore" powerboaters.
The North side of the lake has easier access to Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green and Nashville.
How do you want to boat?
Me personally, I would want to be around the Somerset area on the North side. The West end of the lake is best enjoyed with a houseboat lifestyle.
My family is from Nancy , Science hill. 😎

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Any Lake Cumberland peeps here ? Looking to Buy a couple acres (2-5) to build on. First.... yes I'm from California but not Berkley !!! I live in the country, We have foothills, mountains, farms, ranches, wildlife, I like to fish, hunt, shoot guns, have fast boats and cars and I love Bourbon .... not some liberal Fucktard !!!

Looking for advice on location, It has to be very close to the lake but not necessarily lake front, Somewhat secluded but within 30-45 minutes to town. I know Somerset is the bigger city.... I don't want to be there.

Thanks,
Jeff
Had enough of the California shit show Jeff? Closing the shop? You guys did a fantastic job rehabbing my Hallett 210 a few years back, was very impressed with your shop & operation. Good luck in your adventure, look forward to following along.

MOUZER

Reaction score
i got out of cali after 61 yrs....now on a lake in south carolina........
DSCN2306.JPG

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Murray is incredible. I built a house on the lake on the SW end - was AWESOME

Orangegazm

Reaction score
How do you want to boat?

I like the Jamestown and Monticello areas... I not completely opposed to Somerset but it would have to be on the outskirts.

Is the river heading east a nice boating area ? I boat in the Nor Cal Delta, theres lots of narrow winding sloughs that are amazing.... so I love that kind of boating but I also like to go fast and bar hop;)

We live 35 minutes away from the bigger town in our area and thats perfect, I would like something similar. The biggest problem I see is that there is MANY places for sale.... to many choices !!

Thanks,
Jeff

Orangegazm

Reaction score
Had enough of the California shit show Jeff? Closing the shop? You guys did a fantastic job rehabbing my Hallett 210 a few years back, was very impressed with your shop & operation. Good luck in your adventure, look forward to following along.

Definitely have had enough of Cali but i'm not ready to move yet, I would like to buy and build though. I want to be out in five years max !!

Orangegazm

Reaction score
You know there are other lakes besides lake Cumberland in ky

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Well... tell me more.

I want to be as far south as possible. I don't mind kinda could but I don't want freezing ass cold.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Well... tell me more.

I want to be as far south as possible. I don't mind kinda could but I don't want freezing ass cold.
Look at ky lake and lake Barkley. Also talk loboatomy. He moved to my area from Texas. He is on lake Barkley, at least his boat is.

Western ky has access to the Cumberland River (lake barkley), Tennessee river(ky lake), the Ohio River, Mississippi River and the Missouri River. All of them are navigable waterways. You can pretty much go anywhere from here by water.
20190611_122820.jpg
20190611_122903.jpg
20190611_122826.jpg
20190518_194412.jpg
20190518_194400.jpg
20190518_193731.jpg
20190518_194328.jpg
20190518_194354.jpg
20190518_193721.jpg
20190518_193703.jpg
20190518_193654.jpg

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
@LOBOATOMY

Gary, tell this guy about what's around our area.

Thanks
Phil

Universal Elements

Reaction score
@LOBOATOMY

Thanks
Phil

How are the taxes overall compared to Tennessee? What about this?

“The party is a longstanding institution in the Commonwealth; 46.7% of Kentuckians were registered as Democrats in 2020, more than the 44.1% who were registered with the Republican Party.”

How cold is it in the winter?

MOUZER

Reaction score
Which one? Looks like Glass, I will bring my flatbottom there!
DSCN2283.JPG

nothing here ....very quiet...alot of pontoons and bass boats...holidays alot of wakeboarders and a few big offshore boat ..huge lake crystal clear....this is a pic from my dock looking out of my cove to open water.....they love my blown hydro in the cove...lol

SkiDoc

Reaction score

SkiDoc

Reaction score
Not many liberals around here. There was a threat to tear down the monument posted earlier in the pictures. Several hundred good old boys showed up with their guns to discourage anything being done to the monument. No history is going to be tampered with here!

SkiDoc

Reaction score
I like the river area. The South fork is what you want. It is beautiful like I mentioned before. It is the most likely area to find an area with a private dock. Miles and miles of winding clear water with rock palisades.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Well... tell me more.

Lots of lakes to check out. Lake Hartwell in Ga/SC is one of my favorites. Big lake, but quiet, lots of available land, pretty cheap, clean water. Lake Murray in SC is another favorite, prices are reasonable but usually not a lot for sale on the lake and I think that’s for a reason. Lake Norman in NC and Lake Keowee in SC are also good to check out.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
You just keep following the battlefield tour to my house!
Where at ? Grandpa lived next to oak grove church just up from the cemetery he was left of church , do you know the loop rd ? Everitt Hart General store ? They tore it down years ago , all that area was my play ground as a small kid 😉😂😎 do you know Lindell Muse ? Dwight Muse owns a carpet tile store 😎

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
@LOBOATOMY

Thanks
Phil

I am on Kentucky Lake as well. Southern part in TN. Most boating days we see maybe 5-6 boats. Weekend are a lot busier. The lake is very very big.

We do go up to houseboat cove on the border of Kentucky and TN often. How far north are you guys?

MOUZER

Reaction score
Lots of lakes to check out. Lake Hartwell in Ga/SC is one of my favorites. Big lake, but quiet, lots of available land, pretty cheap, clean water. Lake Murray in SC is another favorite, prices are reasonable but usually not a lot for sale on the lake and I think that’s for a reason. Lake Norman in NC and Lake Keowee in SC are also good to check out.

lake keowee is closed...........im the last west coaster they aloud in..........hartwell and greenwood affordable keowee is double for lakefront

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
I'm in the Grand Rivers area, Kentucky Lake is 160ish miles long and there is a commercial width canal into Barkley Lake that goes for another 60is miles then it is a navigable river..
Actually you can boat from (on the Tennessee River) Knoxville to Chattanooga to Florence AL. to Clifton, TN to Grand Rivers, KY cross into, via the canal or locking down to Paducah, KY go 30 miles up the Ohio River and enter the Cumberland River to Lake Barkley (Cumberland River) Kuttawa, KY Clarksville, TN and go past Nashville, TN to Old Hickory Lake all without seeing any water twice. About 1000 miles. That, Knoxville to Nashville, is 250 mile apart if driving.
(Obviously when you get to the Ohio river you can take a side trip to Pittsburg, PA)
And the scenery is absolutely gorgeous and you will be amazed at the lack of crowds and lack of commercial BS

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
lake keowee is closed...........im the last west coaster they aloud in..........hartwell and greenwood affordable keowee is double for lakefront
I’ve been trying to do a Keowee vacation for years now and keeps falling thru. Amazing lakefront houses that book up 1+ year in advance. What part of the lake you live on? Any powerboats there?

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

“The party is a longstanding institution in the Commonwealth; 46.7% of Kentuckians were registered as Democrats in 2020, more than the 44.1% who were registered with the Republican Party.”

We do have income tax and sales tax and property tax. But I'd bet all together it's roughly on par with what you end up paying in Tennessee

We almost always have a republican governor with a democratic house. If we have a democratic governor we almost always have a republican house. So they stay pretty sensible.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

Oops forgot. Not really any colder than Tennessee.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I am on Kentucky Lake as well. Southern part in TN. Most boating days we see maybe 5-6 boats. Weekend are a lot busier. The lake is very very big.

We do go up to houseboat cove on the border of Kentucky and TN often. How far north are you guys?
I'm in paducah. Loboatomy is in calvert city.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
Forgot to mention many marinas are located in state parks so all are beautifully maintained and NEVER a fee at ANY for Launch/Retrieve or store your truck/trailer for as long as you are boating. Fuel now is at $2.76 gal. on land and $3.68 (89) $3.89 for 92 on water.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Oh and you can get 93 octane non ethanol on the water

SkiDoc

Reaction score
Where at ? Grandpa lived next to oak grove church just up from the cemetery he was left of church , do you know the loop rd ? Everitt Hart General store ? They tore it down years ago , all that area was my play ground as a small kid 😉😂😎 do you know Lindell Muse ? Dwight Muse owns a carpet tile store 😎
Ray Sellars developed the area. I am on Sellars road. Our house looks directly across the lake to Mill Springs.
Yes used to ride my dirt bike out to Harts store and get chips and a drink. They also dug our basement.
I know the church but I don't know the Muses.
Pm me next time your there and I will take you for a ride in the DCB or Rayson Craft or Tritoon!

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I'm in paducah. Loboatomy is in calvert city.

I think you told me that before. It would take me a long time to get up there in my slow ass toon. We plan to do it after our dog crosses the rainbow bridge, we can't be gone for that long now.

riversteveo

Reaction score
We are currently looking in Chattanooga area Hixson, and Lake shore area. Any info to share. 20 years in Vegas time for some green trees.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
Just talked to a friend that is selling his house. Across the street from Kuttawa Marina, Hu-B's. looking out his house is small 2 lane street, small strip of city park with waterfront on Barkley, marina and Cumberland River. The marina is in the cove where the park waterfront is.
House has double lot 2 or 3 bedroom 1 ba. house detached 2 car garage and an above ground swimming pool with large deck. Nobody can block your view. Walk to marina or golf cart, the whole area is golf cart friendly, legal on roads. Everything this guy owns is immaculately maintained.
Location between 3rd and 4th st, from Lake Barkley Dr. to Holly St. 2nd house in from 3rd street.

He is moving next door. Not listed he is thinking on the $450,000 price area.
Reach out to me if you want his contact info.

Last edited:

Orangegazm

Reaction score
The only downfall to Cumberland is that Army Corp of Engineers owns the property around the lake, approximately 150' from the shoreline. Unfortunately you can not touch it, you can't even trim the trees... this part sucks, you can live on the lake but not necessarily have a good view of it.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
The only downfall to Cumberland is that Army Corp of Engineers owns the property around the lake, approximately 150' from the shoreline. Unfortunately you can not touch it, you can't even trim the trees... this part sucks, you can live on the lake but not necessarily have a good view of it.
This property is across the street and elevated so you can do as you please. No dock building BUT you are across the street from one of the Best marinas in the area, Best live Music, Best dock facilities, Best bars and a very good restaurant. All this and NO dock maintenance. There is abundant marina parking so there is no truck/trailer parking on the street.

Last edited:

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I think you told me that before. It would take me a long time to get up there in my slow ass toon. We plan to do it after our dog crosses the rainbow bridge, we can't be gone for that long now.

Hell I may make it down your way sometime also.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Ray Sellars developed the area. I am on Sellars road. Our house looks directly across the lake to Mill Springs.
Yes used to ride my dirt bike out to Harts store and get chips and a drink. They also dug our basement.
I know the church but I don't know the Muses.
Pm me next time your there and I will take you for a ride in the DCB or Rayson Craft or Tritoon!
Thanks , Lots of muses around that area been to Mill Springs Cumberland falls many times .

Orangegazm

Reaction score
This property is across the street and elevated so you can do as you please. No dock building BUT you are across the street from one of the Best marinas in the area, Best live Music, Best dock facilities, Best bars and a very good restaurant. All this and NO dock maintenance. There is abundant marina parking so there is no truck/trailer parking on the street.
It looks like a nice place, especially being across from the marina. I think my goal is a piece of land and build a big Barndominium, there is property for sale in the area that actually has lake access and tons of private docks. I really like Cumberland but I don't care for the lack of lake access from a lake front lot. I'm not in a hurry but if the right place shows up, I'm ready to pull the trigger.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
It looks like a nice place, especially being across from the marina. I think my goal is a piece of land and build a big Barndominium, there is property for sale in the area that actually has lake access and tons of private docks. I really like Cumberland but I don't care for the lack of lake access from a lake front lot. I'm not in a hurry but if the right place shows up, I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Hope it all works out for you bud.
We ALWAYS have room for you to stay at our place here at Lake of the Ozarks anytime you want. Enjoy Hooky Day today

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

Ours is run by the Tennessee Valley Authority(TVA) and I guess the Army corp too, as when I got my dock permit from the TVA I also had one show up from the Army corp. Yes they own the land between my land and the water, but here you are allowed to trim the trees up. Need a permit to cut down trees, which you probably won't get. Some just cut them down and pay the fine, which I have been told is 1k per tree. Not sure if that is true. We have had trees come down in during a storm. I just call them and a guy comes out and gives me a free permit to cut up the tree.

I kind of like the view of the lake through the trees. You are not suppose to cut the vegetation down either. I bush hog mine once a month. Keeps the snakes away. When TVA was out they said I wasn't suppose to do that, but didn't fine me. Guys says they have to much land and not enough people to police that part.

IMG_0900.JPG

Orangegazm

Reaction score
Hope it all works out for you bud.
We ALWAYS have room for you to stay at our place here at Lake of the Ozarks anytime you want. Enjoy Hooky Day today
Hooky Day is always a blast.... Tina and I rode as BB's in Wally and Lisa's new 29 DCB with Merc 400's, Its super nice !!! I''m on the fence on a new 34 with 450's... we'll see ??

How are you guys liking your new place and how is the weather? i don't mind cold but not frozen kind of cold.

Orangegazm

Reaction score
Ours is run by the Tennessee Valley Authority(TVA) and I guess the Army corp too, as when I got my dock permit from the TVA I also had one show up from the Army corp. Yes they own the land between my land and the water, but here you are allowed to trim the trees up. Need a permit to cut down trees, which you probably won't get. Some just cut them down and pay the fine, which I have been told is 1k per tree. Not sure if that is true. We have had trees come down in during a storm. I just call them and a guy comes out and gives me a free permit to cut up the tree.

I kind of like the view of the lake through the trees. You are not suppose to cut the vegetation down either. I bush hog mine once a month. Keeps the snakes away. When TVA was out they said I wasn't suppose to do that, but didn't fine me. Guys says they have to much land and not enough people to police that part.

View attachment 1054796
That nooks really nice, I could live with that.... TVA, so you are in Tennessee, what lake are you on ?

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Hooky Day is always a blast.... Tina and I rode as BB's in Wally and Lisa's new 29 DCB with Merc 400's, Its super nice !!! I''m on the fence on a new 34 with 450's... we'll see ??

How are you guys liking your new place and how is the weather? i don't mind cold but not frozen kind of cold.

I sent Wally a text congratulations. It looks very nice.
We LOVE it out here. I absofrickinlutely HAD to get out of Kommiefornia. Paying ridiculous rent for 8+ years was mentally destroying me.
Weather has been fantastic, supposed to be 85° next weekend for fall harbor hop, which has hundreds of boats & 40+ bars involved. You & T would hate it....
Yes winter is coming & it gets cold here with snow & ice. I'm fat, I'll live, skinny peeps like you would need to cuddle a bunch

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
That nooks really nice, I could live with that.... TVA, so you are in Tennessee, what lake are you on ?

Tva stands for Tennessee River Valley authority. They handle the Tennessee River regardless of state.

jet496

Reaction score
What's the bugs like near the lakes back there? I just came back from Atlanta & loved the weather. We didn't really notice any mosquitos but I know they exist since I lived in Birmingham for years. We really loved all the green, that's for sure.