WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Havasu BUI/Safety Check Point 6-26 thru 6-28

Patyacht

Reaction score
I'm glad they got him. :thumbsup

Really. So how do you know it was a him? And 2nd question: How do you know the person was guilty? 3rd Q: Are you one of those smart know it all persons? Do you really think the police are always right???
I think there are many on here that would disagree with you. I do for sure.:grumble:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had a friend text me and say he saw them building something at site six. I haven't had a chance to go down there this afternoon to see what it is but I would bet it's a checkpoint.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Don't kill me for asking.....

Which safety equipment list do they use for a 27' boat? Is it the 'U.S. COAST GUARD MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR RECREATIONAL BOATS'? Just curious!

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Very likely Site Six area as the checkpoint for Saturday.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Really. So how do you know it was a him? And 2nd question: How do you know the person was guilty? 3rd Q: Are you one of those smart know it all persons? Do you really think the police are always right???
I think there are many on here that would disagree with you. I do for sure.:grumble:

Well explain it for him and those of us that are curious if it was a false arrest.

PVHCA

Reaction score
The tone of his original post felt like a fisching scam to me. His 3rd post proved that theory to me.

Yup, probably got hooked up on his $500K Magic and thought he was sober, LOL

Patyacht

Reaction score
Well explain it for him and those of us that are curious if it was a false arrest.

I really don't know because I wasn't there and the court has not heard the case yet. But in my opinion in the limited exposure to the various LEO's that patrol the lake they are all on a mission. And BUI count is number #1 on the list not how many tickets they wrote for not enough LJ's. IMHO. It's attitude and state of mind of the LEO'S.

PVHCA

Reaction score
I really don't know because I wasn't there and the court has not heard the case yet. But in my opinion in the limited exposure to the various LEO's that patrol the lake they are all on a mission. And BUI count is number #1 on the list not how many tickets they wrote for not enough LJ's. IMHO. It's attitude and state of mind of the LEO'S.

I just wanted to hear because you sounded very defensive, if the person was BUI then they deserve the deuce, if not then they deserve to be cleared.

Patyacht

Reaction score
I just wanted to hear because you sounded very defensive, if the person was BUI then they deserve the deuce, if not then they deserve to be cleared.

Didn't mean to be defensive on initial post but yes I got defensive when someone started making assumptions without any facts other than what I said initially.

Eggbeatn ur Ass

Reaction score
I get sick of hearing how nobody on here drinks on the water. It's a bunch of BS lies. I have 1 beer an hour and one water an hour when I'm on the water. Nothing wrong with that either as I'm under the legal limit of .08. That's fine if you don't drink on the water, nothing wrong with that. I just hate how people come on here and preach that they are so much better of a person cause they don't drink. If being like that makes you feel better as a person, good for you. But that good feeling you have when you wake up in the morning is the best you're gonna feel all day.

Just saying, cause I know someone was going to say something along those lines. But being completely intoxicated is a different story. I just don't think is a crime to enjoy a beer or 2 when you're on the river. It's my anger management and happy place to me.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Someone local should try marking a spot in the waze app in the water, this might work.

Or drop an anchor and bouy with a warning sign and a tip cup

I may not mark in the water, but I'll bet it could mark the closest road.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Someone local should try marking a spot in the waze app in the water, this might work.

Or drop an anchor and bouy with a warning sign and a tip cup

Sounds like "probable cause" to get REALLY fucked with.

Brian

purrfecttremor

Reaction score
I get sick of hearing how nobody on here drinks on the water. It's a bunch of BS lies. I have 1 beer an hour and one water an hour when I'm on the water. Nothing wrong with that either as I'm under the legal limit of .08. That's fine if you don't drink on the water, nothing wrong with that. I just hate how people come on here and preach that they are so much better of a person cause they don't drink. If being like that makes you feel better as a person, good for you. But that good feeling you have when you wake up in the morning is the best you're gonna feel all day.

Just saying, cause I know someone was going to say something along those lines. But being completely intoxicated is a different story. I just don't think is a crime to enjoy a beer or 2 when you're on the river. It's my anger management and happy place to me.

So now that you expressed your distrust in people on this board how we know you're not one of the people out on the lake intoxicated? I would tell you that I don't drink on the water either but apparently you wouldn't believe me!:eek:thumbsdown

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I had a friend text me and say he saw them building something at site six. I haven't had a chance to go down there this afternoon to see what it is but I would bet it's a checkpoint.

bleachers for the holiday weekend and festivities?

if the LEO agencies really wanted a shakedown, they would wait till next weekend!

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Very likely Site Six area as the checkpoint for Saturday.

Do they basically just stop all boats coming around the island there by making a temporary no wake zone or are they checking people as they are coming into the ramp to get off the water?

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Didn't mean to be defensive on initial post but yes I got defensive when someone started making assumptions without any facts other than what I said initially.

The facts that you gave, were your friend was arrested for BUI. If there's more facts let's hear it. If the friend was indeed BUI then I'm glad he or she was cuffed and stuffed.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

I feel pretty damn good in the morning. No headache, no hang over and no beer gut. :p

It's all good if you stay below the legal limit, but for many that isn't realistic.

milkmoney

Reaction score

You know the funny thing is , whether I am drinking or not. I think I am better than anyone. [emoji2][emoji106]

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I like the beer an hour theory..

But my problem is I drink the whole days worth of beer in one of those hours....

When I'm not driving of course!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If I drink on the lake it's because I'm on someone else's boat or I know I won't be moving the boat til late in the day/eve and not having a drink after 1 or 2pm.

530RL

Reaction score
Don't kill me for asking.....

Which safety equipment list do they use for a 27' boat? Is it the 'U.S. COAST GUARD MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR RECREATIONAL BOATS'? Just curious!

From Arizona Game and Fish you need your registration plus the following safety equipment,

Personal flotation devices (life jackets)
All watercraft must be equipped with U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation devices as follows:
All watercraft, except sail- boards and certain racing shells or rowing sculls, must have at least one U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flota- tion device (PFD), type I, II, III, or V, for each person on board. Such devices must
be in good and serviceable condition, readily acces- sible and must fit the intended wearer.
All watercraft 16 feet and longer shall have one type IV throwable PFD on board.
When operating a personal watercraft, all persons on board shall wear a type I, II, or III PFD.
All children 12 years and younger shall wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved type I, II, or III PFD while underway on any vessel.
Any person being towed behind a watercraft shall wear a buoyant belt or personal flotation device. Note: A buoyant belt is not a U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation device.
Fire extinguishers
All watercraft smaller than 26 feet and using any volatile liquid having a flashpoint of 110 degrees or less for fuel shall have on board and readily accessible at least one U.S. Coast Guard approved type B-I fire extinguisher if any of the following conditions exist:
? Inboard engine
? Closed compartments where portable fuel tanks may be stored
? Double bottoms not sealed to the hull or which are not completely filled with flotation materials
? Closed living spaces
? Closed stowage compartments in which combustible or flammable materials are stored
? Permanently installed fuel tanks (fuel tanks secured so they cannot be moved in case of fire or other emergency shall be considered permanently installed)
? A fixed fire extinguishing system installed in the engine compartment
All watercraft 26?40 feet long shall have on board and readily accessible:
? At least two type B-I fire extinguishers or at least one type B-II fire extinguisher or
? At least one type B-I fire extinguisher if a fixed fire extinguishing system is installed in the engine compartment
Watercraft 40?65 feet must carry at least three U.S. Coast Guard approved type B-I fire extinguishers or at least one B-I and one B-II fire extinguisher. If a fixed fire extinguisher system is installed in the engine compartment, there must be at least two type B-I or at least one type B-II fire extinguisher
on board and readily accessible.

California requirements are here at this link. Basically, Arizona requirement plus a noise making device if on a lake. If on the ocean there are more requirements. I have a hand held air horn and really get a kick out of pushing the button during a stop. You have to prove it works. Cracks my ass up. :D

http://www.dbw.ca.gov/pubs/abc/Required_Equipment.pdf

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Said it a million times.. and I'll keep saying it. Some of the worst boat drivers I have ever bore witness too are the "I'm sober, not a drop" crowd. They think for some reason that gives them license to drive like assholes, and then blame everyone else for their shitty driving.

I know 100's of boaters.. I think I know two personally that never have a drop on the water. The other 98 either drink a little or drink a lot. Ironically enough some of the guys that are on the upper end of that scale will still handle their boat BETTER then most.

So now that you expressed your distrust in people on this board how we know you're not one of the people out on the lake intoxicated?

I wouldn't care if he was so long as he was competent and safe doing it.

RD

Yellowboat

Reaction score
the best way to avoid a BUI is to not drink.

I have never had a drink on a boat that was not anchored for the night.