WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Havasu City to Laughlin, Any Trails?

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
For over a decade now a bunch of us guys ride dirt bikes from 29 palms and make our way to Havasu Palms, it is about 400 miles total. We leave on a Friday morning arrive Friday night, hang out for a day and go back Sunday. We want to do the same thing but in RZRs and start from Havasu City make our way to Laughlin stay overnight through Saturday and return Sunday.

Does anyone have knowledge or suggestions for a route? Looking for a combination of technical and utility roads to cover about 150-200 miles each way.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
You could route trails to Ft Mojave then over the bridge to the Avi.
And that’s it.

Any further North from the Avi into Laughlin proper Nv Leos won’t allow OHVs on the street.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Havasu to the i40: follow trails along 95 to the Havasu i40 intersection.

i40 to Oatman: run the Sacramento wash down to the Topock/BNSF bridge, about two miles before Topock 66, then vear right, follow gas line to Golden Showers, then around the east side of the town into the clay pits. Then grab any trail following the 66 to Oatman.
Oatman to Avi: head north out Oatman, there will be a dirt road about 3/4 mile out of town, make left. Follow it 6.8 miles you’ll see a house on the hill to your left with a trail that’ll lead you to the quarry. Continue down you’ll see the dump on your right, follow the asphalt to the concrete wash down into Safeway get gas etc, then get back on trail to the Avi.
Avi to Laughlin: head west on the Avi road, then you’ll see a Y asphalt to left dirt to right, follow it to the right, you’ll cross ca95 then make a right and chase trails towards Laughlin.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Havasu to the i40: follow trails along 95 to the Havasu i40 intersection.

i40 to Oatman: run the Sacramento wash down to the Topock/BNSF bridge, about two miles before Topock 66, then vear right, follow gas line to Golden Showers, then around the east side of the town into the clay pits. Then grab any trail following the 66 to Oatman.
Oatman to Avi: head north out Oatman, there will be a dirt road about 3/4 mile out of town, make left. Follow it 6.8 miles you’ll see a house on the hill to your left with a trail that’ll lead you to the quarry. Continue down you’ll see the dump on your right, follow the asphalt to the concrete wash down into Safeway get gas etc, then get back on trail to the Avi.
Avi to Laughlin: head west on the Avi road, then you’ll see a Y asphalt to left dirt to right, follow it to the right, you’ll cross ca95 then make a right and chase trails towards Laughlin.
Thank you, that is some good detailed info.

DLC

Reaction score
Hey Monkey Butt 70,

Since you asked for directions....

Make sure you post up an after ride report with a few pics!

That sounds like a fun over nighter!

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Hey Monkey Butt 70,

Since you asked for directions....

Make sure you post up an after ride report with a few pics!

That sounds like a fun over nighter!
Will do, we are planning it for February. It will be about 8 RZRs plus a chase truck for supplies as needed. Last 2 years we did the ride from Chuck Walla raceway to Havasu palms, we covered about 400 miles total and about 10 flats and 5 belts. It is a great 3 days.