WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Havasu City --- To Mask or not to Mask, that is the question

Taboma

Reaction score
Despite being branded by a few as being obsessed with the wearing of the dreaded masks, that is not true. Only when asked or required by signage.

Haven't been since May, so hoping a few local as of late can chime in.

Markets, Stores in general, Masks required or encouraged ? I know Tommy has mentioned Walmart wanting masks, hence why I'm asking.

Fast food, or delis, or dine in (If they're still offering that) ??

Places of business, like a SxS repair place or boat store, tire shop --- these places wanting masks, or do they look at you like a liberal loon ??

Just trying to gauge the general wearing or not wearing with the desire to blend right in and go native. 😁

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
i'm going to be there on Friday and the mask is staying on my bike

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
It does seem hard to gauge with some places. But if the employees are wearing them, then so do I.

I may or may not agree with it however I try to be respectful.

You never know, who they have been exposed to, maybe they have been sick, or possibly have someone at home they are trying to protect(?) [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishSniper

Reaction score
i'm going to be there on Friday and the mask is staying on my bike
The Resteraunts we went to last week still had signs on the door asking you to wear them until seated and it looked like quite a few of the people at the stores were still wearing them.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
For my own and my families protection I'll continue to wear a mask when entering public businesses i.e. stores, gym etc.
Honest question. For how long will you continue to wear a mask when going in to those places?

Me personally, I am not a fan and don't wear unless asked at which point I will either put one on or leave (it's their business, their choice). Just always like to get other perspectives.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
The Resteraunts we went to last week still had signs on the door asking you to wear them until seated and it looked like quite a few of the people at the stores were still wearing them.
So are you basing your decision on whether or not to wear a mask based on what others at the stores are/are not doing? Or are you just making an observation and making your decision separate from what others are doing?

FishSniper

Reaction score
So are you basing your decision on whether or not to wear a mask based on what others at the stores are/are not doing? Or are you just making an observation and making your decision separate from what others are doing?
Posting what my observations were which is what it appeared the poster was asking for.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The mandate was lifted a few weeks ago but many establishments still have signs up...when I say establishments I mean it varied as far as what type.
I continued to respect the wishes of each place...grocery, hardware, etc.
Finding ammo I felt was much more "normal" however😊.
There are mask wearers whose masks were basically just to make others not shame, unlined beads or sequins stitched together.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Yep. Javalinas, Walgreens, and College Brewery all had signs and employees were wearing masks.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Nope, it's a case by case basis and optional. Some stores are still asking you to do so, Smiths, Home Depot, etc. But the LHC PD will not enforce it. I walked into the city offices on Monday to pick up a permit. No masks required and employees were not wearing them.

"Masks, its like trying stop a river with a volley ball net."

Taboma

Reaction score
Appreciate the responses, we're certainly willing to along go with the requests of the businesses. We'll just make sure we have ours with us. In May we wore ours driving down on the CA side when we stopped. Wore them at a truck stop when we got into AZ and we got the stare from the non-mask wearing employees like we were aliens --- well Californian aliens anyway. 😁 I don't recall wearing them during that entire week we were in Havasu, life felt strangely normal.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I carry one in my pocket just in case but nobody has asked me to wear one in weeks.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Appreciate the responses, we're certainly willing to along go with the requests of the businesses. We'll just make sure we have ours with us. In May we wore ours driving down on the CA side when we stopped. Wore them at a truck stop when we got into AZ and we got the stare from the non-mask wearing employees like we were aliens --- well Californian aliens anyway. 😁 I don't recall wearing them during that entire week we were in Havasu, life felt strangely normal.

Just carry it with you.
No need to rehash my opinion.
most places you won’t need it but some you will.
Turtle bar is still mired in stupidity. They have to let you in the rope outside. Can’t get out of your chair without the mask on.
One bar partially open but you can’t approach the bar. You have to order from the bartender when she makes her rounds...or yell to her from 6 feet away...
Shoot me a PM if you wanna get an oly pop somewhere.
There are sane places that exist but I won’t list them here.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Signs are still up and a lot of employees are still covered but no one is requiring them anywhere I've been.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I base my decisions on information from my wife that a mask is pointless unless properly fitted and medical grade, the cheap blue white ones that everyone wears are completely pointless.

PlanB

Reaction score
Was in town two weeks ago, and just got back in town last night. I have not worn a mask anywhere these two trips, and hit both Lowe’s and Home Depot today. Nobody has said anything.

Husqy510

Reaction score
I base my decisions on information from my wife that a mask is pointless unless properly fitted and medical grade, the cheap blue white ones that everyone wears are completely pointless.
That's interesting, I base my decision on the same reasoning, but my wife and all he colleagues recommend them. What does your wife do?

Andy B.

Reaction score
Walked into grocery store on McCulloch no mask there was about 10 -15 people not wearing them but still a lot of sheep wearing them........

Was at flying X on Saturday have to wear it in until you sit down. They had a live band but no dancing so stupid you can walk into a store be around a bunch of people but you can't dance. It's like the movie Footloose the fucking liberals don't want you to have fun WTF!!!!!

Again fuck their AGENDA!!!!

37 boat

Reaction score
I live in Havasu and have not worn a mask yet and have not been asked to... admittedly I don't go out to many places though. I told my wife when this all started social distancing was perfect for me cause I don't like people anyways.🤣

propcheck

Reaction score
I typically do what a business asks. I believe in the owners rights to serve who they choose. For instance today I went to a parts store with mask on no employees wearing masks so I removed mine, Because masks are to protect the transmission mode from the host, and not the susceptible receiver.
Pretty easy actually I just go along to get along😂

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I typically do what a business asks. I believe in the owners rights to serve who they choose. For instance today I went to a parts store with mask on no employees wearing masks so I removed mine, Because masks are to protect the transmission mode from the host, and not the susceptible receiver.
Pretty easy actually I just go along to get along😂

494BE5E7-2E9D-4FC6-BA50-5E8F9F525064.jpeg

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Safeway still has a sign up requiring masks, I always shop at Safeway and I haven’t worn a mask once and nobody has said a word to me about it. Many of the employees agree and think it’s ridiculous.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Safeway still has a sign up requiring masks, I always shop at Safeway and I haven’t worn a mask once and nobody has said a word to me about it. Many of the employees agree and think it’s ridiculous.

A lot of employees all over town have it hanging from their chin. Stores, restaurants, bars alike.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
That's interesting, I base my decision on the same reasoning, but my wife and all he colleagues recommend them. What does your wife do?
She’s a nurse and the consensus among her peers and the physicians is that it’s pointless. She has to wear real protective gear and it’s far from what you could even consider wearing in public nor have access to, more along the lines of a space suit.

petie6464

Reaction score
I think I will always wear a mask in Wal-Mart going forward.

The smell of dirty diapers and unbathed people, they help.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Honest question. For how long will you continue to wear a mask when going in to those places?

Me personally, I am not a fan and don't wear unless asked at which point I will either put one on or leave (it's their business, their choice). Just always like to get other perspectives.

Perfect

Tom Slick

Reaction score
FYI, straight from a Home Depot employees mouth...”Corporate policy is that employees and customers should wear masks, but employees CANNOT ask/tell customers to comply. TAKE YOUR FUCKING MASK AND SHOVE IT!

Taboma

Reaction score
What the hell did you guys do to my simple information current Havasu Mask etiquette update, to get it moved to the Dungeon. ?? 😖

Oh wait, don't tell me, let me guess ------ The Anti-Maskers joined in. 🥴

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
85% of the people coming down with Covid wear masks (70% all the time, and additional 15% most of the time). If masks actually worked, the numbers would be inverted.

Because of data like this, and conflicting statements about the efficacy of masks by Fauci, CDC and other medical personnel, masking is clearly a political prop.

Because it’s a political prop, it w as moved to the dungeon.

btw, I wore a mask for a couple of hours today, of course I was laying up a surfboard and then sanding it, but in that case masks are totally appropriate. Wearing a bandana or a blue paper mask that says “not for medical use” really serves me no safety whatsoever.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
What the hell did you guys do to my simple information current Havasu Mask etiquette update, to get it moved to the Dungeon. ?? 😖

Oh wait, don't tell me, let me guess ------ The Anti-Maskers joined in. 🥴

Dave said you needed a lesson so here it is.......

Stop being a pussy and asking about them. You want to be one..........wear one.

7B8E6895-8BD5-481D-B04D-BECF998EEA07.jpeg

😝

Taboma

Reaction score
Dave said you needed a lesson so here it is.......

Stop being a pussy and asking about them. You want to be one..........wear one.

😝

You'll think Pussy, kiss yo ass goodbye --- Release the whales !!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Release the whales.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Dr Atlas said it best: “it’s a strange, bizarre obsession...”

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

ODD!! Last evening on 60 Minutes Dr. Fauci stated that these Cotton Masks that are being worn by the General Population do Work and save lives? 🤔

AzMandella

Reaction score
ODD!! Last evening on 60 Minutes Dr. Fauci stated that these Cotton Masks that are being worn by the General Population do Work and save lives? 🤔
They may work a little . But most work about as well as a pair of under ware keeping a fart in .

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
They may work a little . But most work about as well as a pair of under ware keeping a fart in .

I'm not here defending OR bashing, but for as long as I can remember every Medical Office that I have been in use these type of mask and not the expensive N95 version. I guess if there is a "BUG" out there I'll play the game,especially when you look around in the Walmart.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I'm not here defending OR bashing, but for as long as I can remember every Medical Office that I have been in use these type of mask and not the expensive N95 version. I guess if there is a "BUG" out there I'll play the game,especially when you look around in the Walmart.
The mask is there to keep you from touching your nose and mouth and to not spray people down if you cough or sneeze. That is it.
And they only do that if worn correctly and changed often. You can still fog a mirror or your own glasses with a crappy cotton mask on.

These cotton masks don't filter out anything. In a wildfire situation we were told vehemently that the masks don't filter out harmful particulate. That harmful particulate is 20X larger than a virus.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
85% of the people coming down with Covid wear masks (70% all the time, and additional 15% most of the time). If masks actually worked, the numbers would be inverted.

Because of data like this, and conflicting statements about the efficacy of masks by Fauci, CDC and other medical personnel, masking is clearly a political prop.

Because it’s a political prop, it w as moved to the dungeon.

btw, I wore a mask for a couple of hours today, of course I was laying up a surfboard and then sanding it, but in that case masks are totally appropriate. Wearing a bandana or a blue paper mask that says “not for medical use” really serves me no safety whatsoever.

Your 85 percent comment is a political prop. Not that I would expect anything different from you.

The CDC report looked at 314 people who had Covid-19 symptoms and were subsequently tested for the virus; about half tested positive. In a phone survey, participants were asked about their social activities for the two weeks prior to testing positive, such as going to church, gyms or stores. The researchers found that among those who tested positive for the coronavirus, 85 percent had reported wearing masks always or often. The study also found that for those in the group who had tested negative, 89 percent had reported wearing masks with the same frequency.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Your 85 percent comment is a political prop. Not that I would expect anything different from you.

The CDC report looked at 314 people who had Covid-19 symptoms and were subsequently tested for the virus; about half tested positive. In a phone survey, participants were asked about their social activities for the two weeks prior to testing positive, such as going to church, gyms or stores. The researchers found that among those who tested positive for the coronavirus, 85 percent had reported wearing masks always or often. The study also found that for those in the group who had tested negative, 89 percent had reported wearing masks with the same frequency.

So even by that study, at absolute best, a mask is 45% effective. The mask has little to do with contracting symptoms, unless you are in people faces that are contagious. The mask is only one small part of the story.

How close were they to people indoors? For how long? How much crap did they touch in the days prior? How often did they wash their hands? Those are the real transmission vectors. The transmission is not any different than a cold or flu.. and we don't wear masks to prevent the spread of those illnesses.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

LOL, the CDC which is 100% political in nature, and anti-Trump to the core, would release ANYTHING that helps show how overblown this thing is?

The Mask is the savior, hell, even joe biden is wearing TWO of them now.

The problem is, they just flat out dont work. Not surprising that you cant see that, that you dont do stats, that you are set in your way, I expect nothing less from you.

You do realize that a sample of 30-40 constistutes statistical significant sample size, and that directionally its true. If condoms worked this poorly, Planned ParentHood would be a fortune 500 company. Hell, there are a number of doctors that were questionuing the efficacy of masks in the operating room a decade ago, and some studies showed NO difference in rates of infection for patients, which shows that masks DONT work for keeping germs IN THE MASK.

But go for it, bro. make up your own mind, and damn the science.

Anesthesia personnel are no longer required to wear disposable face masks in the operating room, a practice approved by our surgical colleagues. Surgeons, their assistants, and scrub nurses are still required to wear masks.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
So even by that study, at absolute best, a mask is 45% effective. The mask has little to do with contracting symptoms, unless you are in people faces that are contagious. The mask is only one small part of the story.

How close were they to people indoors? For how long? How much crap did they touch in the days prior? How often did they wash their hands?

Its not even a study. It’s a survey. [emoji23]

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Its not even a study. It’s a survey. [emoji23]

LOL even better.

Is that like the survey where doctors ask people how often they drink and 95% say they have 1 drink a week socially? :cool:

Outdrive1

Reaction score
LOL, the CDC which is 100% political in nature, and anti-Trump to the core, would release ANYTHING that helps show how overblown this thing is?

The Mask is the savior, hell, even joe biden is wearing TWO of them now.

The problem is, they just flat out dont work. Not surprising that you cant see that, that you dont do stats, that you are set in your way, I expect nothing less from you.

You do realize that a sample of 30-40 constistutes statistical significant sample size, and that directionally its true. If condoms worked this poorly, Planned ParentHood would be a fortune 500 company. Hell, there are a number of doctors that were questionuing the efficacy of masks in the operating room a decade ago, and some studies showed NO difference in rates of infection for patients, which shows that masks DONT work for keeping germs IN THE MASK.

But go for it, bro. make up your own mind, and damn the science.

If you’re going to believe a retweet from a survey, then good luck. You probably don’t wear seatbelts either. I remember the idiots who thought it was safer to get thrown from the car than to stay in it.