WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Havasu fishing

77charger

Reaction score
Use to camp at havasu landing in oct years ago.Was pretty good to go float at the south end of havasu landing with anchoives and catch a striper.Growing up going to powell we use to go off lone rock in the morning fish the shady side and some days do very good then in evening same deal it was just on the other side this time.Was nice to catch a fresh one come in fillet it or gut it clean it fill sprinkle inside with garlic salt squeuze some lemon on it maybe an onion slice in there wrap in foil and put on the grille then warm up some tortilllas and fresh tacos at camp.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
I've been killing the smallmouths on the upper Hudson river in NY with a 1/8 oz. jig head and 3" black hellgrammite. Doesn't even hit bottom and they are on it. Smallies have so much fight in them and pull like a freight train and love to jump too!!! One of my favorites to catch.

Last edited:

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Like I said, there are huge cats in the channel, caught this today..
88648.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
You might pick up one of these at a marina near you. Lots of fishing info as well as points of interest on the lake
20200822_081716.jpg

bentprops

Reaction score
Snow birds rape the lake. Don't work fish all day and keep all they catch. Iv seen the cleaning stations loaded with eggs during spawning session. Sad sight to see.

satellitemike

Reaction score
I am going to try to take the grandson fishing next week, is there any spots that we can drive to by land and might have some luck?
I was thinking about going out on the island near site 6 and wading in waist deep and try throwing some plastics.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score

fmo24

Reaction score
Off London bridge road. Park and walk out to a pier. Also site 6 piers are for fishing

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
In the past we've caught a few fish at this fishing platform. Some smaller stripers and some large bluegill. It will be flipin hot out there though. If you do use it, when you walk out onto it, go to the left, towards the lake and fish on that end. There were several snags if you fish where you must turn left or right. It's not a very far walk from the parking lot to the platform. Chunk chovies and worms.
The other platform in that area is a good hike and very exposed to the wind as it's not really in a cove like the other.

Spot

Reaction score
I am going to try to take the grandson fishing next week, is there any spots that we can drive to by land and might have some luck?
I was thinking about going out on the island near site 6 and wading in waist deep and try throwing some plastics.

A couple very general tips for fishing anywhere along the Colorado river chain of lakes. These work wether you are fishing from shore or boat. First, looks for signs of life in the area you are fishing. Does the vegation look healthy; are there fish visibly swimming around? Then see if there is deeper water access, meaning you can cast into areas where your cannot see the bottom. That's normally around 15-20 feet in Havasu. If yes to both of those, it's probably a good place to start. In Havasu, fish for stripers. Chum some cut anchovies in the area where the water starts to get dark green (deeper water) when fishing from shore. Also have your bait in the area you chum. For kids, I also like to also have a bait they can cast and retrieve. It helps keep them occupied. I recommend a small crank bait or underspin style bait. Don't over due the fishing line. 6-10 test line will keep it fun and help you get more bites. Green or clear line. Good Luck..

Last edited:

satellitemike

Reaction score
A couple very general tips for fishing anywhere along the Colorado river chain of lakes. These work wether you are fishing from shore or boat. First, looks for signs of life in the area you are fishing. Does the vegation look healthy; are there fish visibly swimming around? Then see if there is deeper water access, meaning you can cast into areas where your cannot see the bottom. That's normally around 15-20 feet in Havasu. If yes to both of those, it's probably a good place to start. In Havasu, fish for stripers. Chum some cut anchovies in the area where the water starts to get dark green (deeper water) when fishing from shore. Also have your bait in the area you chum. For kids, I also like to also have a bait they can cast and retrieve. It helps keep them occupied. I recommend a small crank bait or underspin style bait. Don't over due the fishing line. 6-10 test line will keep if fun and help you get more bites. Green or clear line. Good Luck..
Who sells anchovies in town?

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
[
Who sells anchovies in town?
Go to Bass Tackle Master on the Lake side by the swap meet area on one end and the old Golden Corral on the other end of the parking lot. His prices are best in town and has all the bait you need. They are open VERY early also.