WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake lice ????

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Long story short a friend of the family rents a house boat, wake boat and 2 jet skis for a family vacation. Kids are out on jet skis jumping the wake of the boat. Well you know what happens next, family friend now owns 2 2021 wrecked jets skis. Deemed totaled from local dealership. He is looking to buy to jet ski hulls (shells) and have someone swap all the running gear into the new hulls. Anyone know someone that would take this task on? He is in southern Arizona but willing to travel for the right price. This trip cost him big bucks but hoping he can salvage something from this.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Long story short a friend of the family rents a house boat, wake boat and 2 jet skis for a family vacation. Kids are out on jet skis jumping the wake of the boat. Well you know what happens next, family friend now owns 2 2021 wrecked jets skis. Deemed totaled from local dealership. He is looking to buy to jet ski hulls (shells) and have someone swap all the running gear into the new hulls. Anyone know someone that would take this task on? He is in southern Arizona but willing to travel for the right price. This trip cost him big bucks but hoping he can salvage something from this.

It will cost more than the skis are worth to do that.. JMO

Taboma

Reaction score

Not to be a dick, but if nobody got injured ( or worse), and with consideration to two kids destroying two new jet skis by wake jumping, might be a life saving decision to sell them as scrap and forget jet skis all together.
Tech One Racing in Lake Havasu has old shells and might make him a decent offer on the running gear.

77charger

Reaction score
Like said be more than worth take the running gear out sell it or use in something else.

riverroyal

Reaction score
All deoends on the make and model. A full swap will take 3 weeks. About.
100 hours at $75 a hour plus the new hull. 12k.
Maybe let the kids that fucked them up do it.
Good experience in mechanics

bagged97taco

Reaction score
All deoends on the make and model. A full swap will take 3 weeks. About.
100 hours at $75 a hour plus the new hull. 12k.
Maybe let the kids that fucked them up do it.
Good experience in mechanics
They were 2021 models. I don’t know much more. Was called to see if I knew anyone that could do the work. It’s friends of a friend

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Are there no insurance options in this situation??

Sucks that what should have been a life long memory turned into a nightmare. Hopefully lessons learned. At the end of the day hopefully no one was hurt.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I’d buy a couple of the aluminum jet boats everyone on YouTube is gettin and swap em into those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This ^

The small squirt boat trend is taking off, you can buy a prewelded hull for like 3500, and with guys like McFarland and wilkey building boats they are only going to get more popular

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Water Romper

Reaction score
OK, I'll be the first to ask- How do you destroy two new Skis? Hulls are fine so no collision (thank goodness for the drivers) What did they do, run them up on a sandbar or shore and suck sand in them? How do you break TWO on the same trip?
Like Taboma stated, might want to re-think owning these in the future, may want to stick with the wake board, unless that get destroyed too.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Crash them into each other. Friend lent his out and they did the same.

77charger

Reaction score
Buy a couple of kommander hulls drop drivetrains in them have a bad ass stand up. 🤔

Mototrig

Reaction score
OK, I'll be the first to ask- How do you destroy two new Skis? Hulls are fine so no collision (thank goodness for the drivers) What did they do, run them up on a sandbar or shore and suck sand in them? How do you break TWO on the same trip?
Like Taboma stated, might want to re-think owning these in the future, may want to stick with the wake board, unless that get destroyed too.
Sounds more like the the pump and motor in each ski are fine but the hulls were destroyed.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Basically a rookie family spent an ass load of money on a vacation that they had never been on before. Well, mix rookie boaters with younger adolescents and you get 2 skis that hit each other damaging only the hulls. No people were hurt. The skis were deemed totaled by a local dealership close to where the were.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Sounds more like the the pump and motor in each ski are fine but the hulls were destroyed.
Opps- you are correct- I got the story screwed up. 😭 = He is looking to buy to jet ski hulls (shells) and have someone swap all the running gear into the new hulls. Helps if I pay attention.

cakemoto

Reaction score
Basically a rookie family spent an ass load of money on a vacation that they had never been on before. Well, mix rookie boaters with younger adolescents and you get 2 skis that hit each other damaging only the hulls. No people were hurt. The skis were deemed totaled by a local dealership close to where the were.
Call my boy. Should be easy

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
For some reason, I think they should find an old Seafood Challenger. Pop the 785's out, and scare the hell out of themselves!

Honestly, learn some fiberglass. Patch, sand, paint and SELL cheap! May save some kids' lives.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Damn, just watched the video, I get the jumping wakes and all but people must just loose their minds and common sense when on the little rockets. What was the out-come of the two PWC riders in the video? Also, what's with the dude riding on the back transom while under power?? Looks like a real safe day on the lake :rolleyes:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

After further review...

The kids should be doing the work. I see zero downside to this.

cxr

Reaction score
sound like someone just bought 2 rand new wrecked skis. The rental dealer will allow this swap. I don’t. Think so

manxman

Reaction score
what make and model were the skis? Yamaha, seadoo sparks , kawasakis ? If they were sparks, then a hull swap is easy and not crazy expensive. If they were newer yamahas with there nanotech hulls, then they are a little harder to repair. We fix them all the time, just need more info