WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Mead 4th of July

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Just made last minute plans to take the football boat to Mead for the 4th with some friends.
7DC8DB68-8F22-4965-B696-9E984ACAE3A1.jpeg

Should be a fun time, staying at Hoover Dam Lodge and boating Thursday and Friday. Question is, what is the “go to” activity for 4th celebrations near to Boulder? Or are good fireworks legal that we should try to do our own thing? I shy away from this since we’ll be at a hotel and don’t want to deal with the mess. Any city fireworks shows? Off the dam?

Kfabe

Reaction score
Just made last minute plans to take the football boat to Mead for the 4th with some friends.
View attachment 770325
Should be a fun time, staying at Hoover Dam Lodge and boating Thursday and Friday. Question is, what is the “go to” activity for 4th celebrations near to Boulder? Or are good fireworks legal that we should try to do our own thing? I shy away from this since we’ll be at a hotel and don’t want to deal with the mess. Any city fireworks shows? Off the dam?

Boulder City does a nice parade in the morning and then does a pretty good fireworks show around 9pm at Veterans Memorial Park.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
View attachment 770325

Boulder City's firework show is pretty legit. Best place to view it is down at Veteran's Park near the Municipal Airport.

They also have the big Damboree in the park between the Highschool and Public Pool.

"Good" fireworks are not legal in Boulder City or Vegas.

3.Slow

Reaction score
Just got back from the Hoover Dam Lodge, nice place. rooms are a little dated but that doesn't bother me, short drive to the ramps. Launched at Hemenway Harbor on Saturday, that ramp is very shallow and you might have trouble getting your boat off the trailer. Boulder bay ramp was deeper and had no trouble on Sunday.

guest hs

Reaction score
Don't bring illegal fireworks into Clark County!

PaPaG

Reaction score
View attachment 770325
Boulder city always puts on a great fire works show, go park a bit earlier in the McDonalds parking back in facing the desert and bring some lawn chairs, great view of the fire works.

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Just got back from the Hoover Dam Lodge, nice place. rooms are a little dated but that doesn't bother me, short drive to the ramps. Launched at Hemenway Harbor on Saturday, that ramp is very shallow and you might have trouble getting your boat off the trailer. Boulder bay ramp was deeper and had no trouble on Sunday.

Hemenway launch sucks this year. My truck has an 8” lift on 35’s and we couldn’t float our 30’ cat without water almost into the cab. Go another 5 minutes down the road to Boulder Harbor. Then you won’t have to deal with the idiot rentals and gas docks etc...