WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Mead is actually closed.

Hammer

Reaction score
Well they blows.... too bad people can’t listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
As of Monday, March 23, Lake Mead National Recreation Area will offer very limited services outside those that support visitor or resource protection. At Lake Mead, the following visitor services and operations will be suspended in order to comply with coronavirus protective guidelines.
  • All Nevada parking areas and roads will be closed to vehicles
  • All Nevada park facilities will be closed, including restrooms
  • All Nevada public beaches and picnic areas
  • All Nevada marina operations
  • All Nevada campgrounds
  • All Nevada launch ramps
  • Previously announced closures are still in effect
  • The park will not issue permits nor conduct on-site public or educational programs.
In Nevada, the park remains open to day-use walkers, hikers and bicyclists. The popular 34-mile River Mountains Loop Multi-use Trail remains open. Visitors are asked to “pack it in and pack it out.” Locations in Arizona remain open, unless listed below.

Overnight park visitors in Nevada will be given until noon March 25, 2020, to make alternate accommodations and leave the park.

Temporary closures effective midnight March 20:
  • Arizona Hot Spring Trail
  • White Rock Canyon Trail
  • Goldstrike Canyon Trail
  • Temple Bar Campground* and the restroom
  • Nevada Telephone Cove*
  • Six Mile Cove*
  • Nine Mile Cove*

*Overnight visitors at these locations will be given until noon March 22 to make alternate accommodations and leave the area.

Temporary closures and cancellations effective March 17:
  • Lake Mead Visitor Center
  • Park Headquarters Lobby
  • Entrance Station Fee Collection Operations
Where it is possible to adhere to the latest health guidance, the lakes, trails and open space areas will remain open.

For the status of commercial operations, such as marinas, RV parks, raft trips, cruises, outfitters and special events like races, please contact the businesses directly to see if they have adjusted operations.

The NPS is focused on ensuring employees, their families, volunteers and visitors are safe by following the most current guidance from the CDC, Office of Personnel Management, Office of Emergency Management, and other federal, state and local health authorities.

We encourage all visitors, particularly the most vulnerable, including the elderly and people with underlying conditions, to follow CDC guidance to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. These measures include following routine precautions like washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth; cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze; and most importantly, please stay home if you feel sick.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
La Paz county park closed in Parker. I’m guessing the state parks will follow suite in Parker and Havasu.

That being said there’s a hundred launch ramps in Parker. I’m guessing Havasu only has a few?

Reactions: DWC

Riverryder

Reaction score
Think it has to do with the guy blowing his brains out at mead today!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Poor choice of words! Good for me to go work on my boat next weekend.

yeah, I might assume you are in the marina, the notice only mentions the temple bar campground being closed. Hopefully all is good!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Isn’t being on a lake more distant than being next to someone on a hiking trail/bike path? Seems more like they don’t want to force people to work, and if they aren’t working they aren’t collecting money. No money = no fun.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Didn't see this thread was so pissed when I found out 5 minutes ago sorry for the vin lol!

cakemoto

Reaction score
They went around Bartlett yesterday telling people have to be gone by 5 am today. I went for a rzr ride to lake pleasant Saturday that place looked like glamis on thanksgiving easy 80 cars out(shit show)wonder if I should should go to glamis as I had planned this weekend

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
If this doesn't illustrate how stupid the government is I don't know what does. If you want to talk about social distancing there is nowhere better than Mead. Even on a holiday weekend you rarely come in 6' feet of contact of anyone outside your immediate group, and you are outdoors to boot. How they can close Mead for viral contraction reasons, where a few thousand people go a weekend and are separated by vast distance, but leave grocery stores open where hundreds of thousands go every day and are in close proximity to each other, defies all logic.

What. A. Joke.

Last edited:

Runs2rch

Reaction score
If this doesn't illustrate how stupid the government is I don't know what does. If you want to talk about social distancing there is nowhere better than Mead. Even on a holiday weekend you rarely come in 6' feet of contact of anyone outside your immediate group, and you are outdoors to boot. How they can close Mead for viral contraction reasons, where a few thousand people go a weekend and are separated by vast distance, but leave grocery stores open where hundreds of thousands go every day and are in close proximity to each other, defies all logic.

What. A. Joke.

Hahaha! Logic and government especially now.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Remember the last Govt shutdown ? They actually pulled the dock out of the water at the marina !!!

Runs2rch

Reaction score

What. A. Joke.

Hahaha! Logic and government especially now.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Remember the last Govt shutdown ? They actually pulled the dock out of the water at the marina !!!
Yeah that was horseshit. I feel for all the people that live part of the year on their boats.

Kfabe

Reaction score

What. A. Joke.

How dare you bring logic and reason into this conversation!

Riverryder

Reaction score
doubt they will release info on suicide. so much stuff happens in vegas that never makes it to the news. just the other week a apartment complex was locked down, swat went in, did a controlled detonation in the middle of the street and that didnt make the new. i was there as my kids mom lived in the complex.
so only way we will hear about what happen is if someone witnessed it i would assume.

same people that bought all the toilet paper are the ones going to the lake, red rock and mount charleston. they just went for a drive but ruined it for us whole actually use the lake.

sirbob

Reaction score
Too many people at the beach this weekend - LA is closing all beaches and parks...

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Yeah that was horseshit. I feel for all the people that live part of the year on their boats.

I was reading on the Lake Mead FB page that you can still access your boats in the marina. But the stores are closed. I believe they wrote you can call and get help if needed at the fuel station. I would aslo assume if you live part time on the boat, since you can still access it, you can still stay there? Too much interpretation.

TCHB

Reaction score
So far in Havasu the lake is really pretty empty. The crowds do not come until the weather gets a lot warmer. I normally start my boating season around Mid April. I hate cold water.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Hope havi stays open atleast. Good thing is most people that are there right now are gettin ready to leave.
Reason it was closed is because the stop car counter that’s on the ground that tracks who goes in.

Slats

Reaction score
So did someone die at lake mead over the weekend. ?

Riley1

Reaction score
A7A7E17C-CAFE-48E6-8B97-46A9C5D31020.jpeg

FlatNv

Reaction score
growing up on mead pretty spot on , LOL

Kfabe

Reaction score
*****edit*****
Temple bar is open for Lake Mead boating.

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
Lake Mohave is back open....no really, but don't tell anybody ;)

Reactions: DWC

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
My buddy kayak fishes, He's from Phoenix.
He called me Thursday saying He's fishing Friday, I say lakes closed.
He got a hold of a park Ranger that told him you could launch out of Telephone cove...well he goes zero dark thirty Friday morning ,fishes till lunch goes back to truck to eat, gets back in kayak heading out of cove...hears on loud speaker from Ranger car... no fishing or boating...he kept on fishing for s couple of hours. He said he saw about thirty power boats out there...
Seems like it is but its not...Well I wish this didn't sound so stupid...fuck if I know whats going on

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
Yea, shaking down the Schiada....lake Mohave is open and you don't have to pay
20200401_084752.jpg

Attachments

• 20200401_084820.jpg
    20200401_084820.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 20200401_084836.jpg
    20200401_084836.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 20200401_095311.jpg
    20200401_095311.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 20200401_093829.jpg
    20200401_093829.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 80

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Are there any services or is the ramp just open and that’s it? Might head up this weekend if the ramp is open

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
Ramps open that's it....had to pee behind the head....felt like a homeless person