Callville Bay has 2 lanes and a 2.5hr wait last weekend

Echo Bay has a dirt ramp 1 lane

Overton closed

Temple Bar good to go

Meadview?

Any other reports??

welldigger00

Reaction score
I'll let you know the sitch on Meadview when I try to launch on Thursday!

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
3 1/2 ft at Boulder ! Wow That's like scraping just about.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
The ramp situation sucks...

Hemenway Harbor is down to 3 launch lanes and shallow

Boulder Bay has 6 lanes but the exit though the narrows is 3.5'

Overton closed

Temple Bar good to go

Meadview?

Any other reports??

The girls in the office @ TB posted on the TB FB page, that the launch ramp is down to 1 lane :(

edit: pics borrowed from a fellow TBTV onwner's facebook...

DC@TB1.jpg

DC@TB2.jpg

welldigger00

Reaction score
South cove (Meadview) was down to one lane. They tried to fix it on Thursday, they brought and excavator and a wheel loader out, the excavator was adding dirt out in the water, the loader was skipping dirt to the excavator. They made it worse in my opinion. The ramp was steep as it is, the water real deep at the end of the ramp. No problem at all other than it's past the pipe mat, and all dirt. 4 wheel drive recommended. So, before they worked on it, the boat would be floating , and the truck tires were on the dirt, high and dry. Now, they built up the dirt out past shore,level with the water, not inclined,so that you have to back out even farther, and all four tires are in the water, so far that the tailpipe of the truck is under water, and the water is right at the bottom of the door. I made a mistake, and shut the truck off, because I didn't trust the e brake, being a stick shift, and I got the rear most o2 sensor wet, and it threw a code! It was worse for another guy, he had to go deeper in because his boat was bigger, and he dropped the trailer off the end of the ledge that they built up. They had to hook up another truck to him to pull him out, and in doing so, broke a spring hanger on the trailer! We have plans to go out in a month, and I hope it's better by then!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Never shut off the truck if the pipes are in... That's what ive always been told... I've never launched in a stick shift though.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Damaged both props and beet up one drive, going out of Boulder today.

Made it out both days sat / sun with no problems .
I was nervous .
Had the drive up plus abit more .
I did see one boat that just got stuck on the left side coming in .
I was ready go back but my buddy with wake board boat made it .
No mud was coming up . So I went for it .
We went out on the right side and close to the shore .
Came back the same side .

Sorry to hear about your prop/ drive. damn

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Launching Officially SUX!

Not very wide as you can see, so if some one is docked on the usable side of the ramp you just have to wait.

DC@TB2b.jpg

Water at the end of the Dock is probably 2.5' - 3' Deep.

I was told...

- The 43' Nordic Cat had to be truck to Hemmingway, but Thane was able to get the 41' V in with some assistance.

- There should be 2 lanes to launch before the 4th :rolleyes

RaceNeked

Reaction score
The ramp situation sucks...

Hemenway Harbor is down to 3 launch lanes and shallow

Boulder Bay has 6 lanes but the exit though the narrows is 3.5'

Overton closed

Temple Bar good to go

Meadview?

Any other reports??

ummmmmm.., Temple Bar may be good for kyaks and bass-boats...

It just wont work for big boats!!

20150519_143724.jpg
20150519_143736.jpg
20150519_143907.jpg

ended up taking her to Boulder, and just barely managed to get her off, only to back into a mound of mud from bass fisherman power-loading.
just love it when that happens...NOT.

...and yes - there is a big friggin mound in Temple Bar from the same thing....

NPS needs a f'n dredge.

minijeep

Reaction score
ummmmmm.., Temple Bar may be good for kyaks and bass-boats...

It just wont work for big boats!!

View attachment 409679
View attachment 409680
View attachment 409681

ended up taking her to Boulder, and just barely managed to get her off, only to back into a mound of mud from bass fisherman power-loading.
just love it when that happens...NOT.

...and yes - there is a big friggin mound in Temple Bar from the same thing....

NPS needs a f'n dredge.

that's bold! I would have chickened out way before the front tire hit the water!

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
I bet the Nordic Boys had fun bringing her over from Hemmingway. Lets face it NPS doesn't want us on the water
they have been trying to close the resorts down for years. Look at Echo Bay these days and that's not from low water
conditions . Ive had a place at T B since the late 70s and been going there since 1963 the new management as been
raising the sent since they took over and that's stands for most resorts on mead with ours being the highest these days.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I bet the Nordic Boys had fun bringing her over from Hemmingway. Lets face it NPS doesn't want us on the water
they have been trying to close the resorts down for years. Look at Echo Bay these days and that's not from low water
conditions . Ive had a place at T B since the late 70s and been going there since 1963 the new management as been
raising the sent since they took over and that's stands for most resorts on mead with ours being the highest these days.

That's exactly the same perception I have about Mead , the people working at the concessions seem to be friendly and want you
there , but any ranger , leo , govt employee etc , act as if they are doing YOU a favor by being there ... remember when they actually
dragged the ramp out of the water during the last govt shut-down ? un -f ing believable !

Andy B.

Reaction score
Launched Saturday out of Boulder Harbor ramp was nice stayed to the right going in and out that side is the deepest. My boat is 25ft.:thumbup:

Pelon

Reaction score
Was up at Temple bar on Thursday. Ramp was closed for construction. Things didn't seem to be going well. The excavator had been stuck for 3 days. If you look close in the one picture you can see that they had their equipment chained together to try and pull it out.

t bar ramp.jpg

t bar excavator .jpg

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Lets face it NPS doesn't want us on the water
they have been trying to close the resorts down for years..

agreed. i see the same thing.

government was started to serve the people. over time, the people turn to serving the government. no wonder they look at us they way they do. we exist only to pay them six figure salaries so they can retire at 53... to a slightly lower six figure salary... guaranteed... for life.

-peter

RaceNeked

Reaction score
just seems they are working it from the WRONG SIDE!!

boisseau.jpg

I'm no rocket scientist, but logic dictates that it should be dredged, not dug.

par for the course when it comes to ANY branch of the fed. these days...

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Agreed again, and along the lines of what government jobs have become, (high paying, early retirement, no layoffs), I guess it's possible that some government folks "hook up" their friends family mistress what have you and maybe they aren't the best for the job? As we see here. Thats just a guess I don't know anything about excavation.

-Peter

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I have to ask : why wasn't this done at the end of last year when the water levels were down ? or beginning of this year before the snow melt ? Why the unorganized effort now ? Of course my question is rhetorical ... oh , never mind , these are the same people that pulled the boat docks out of the water a couple years ago during the govt shut - down .

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
The girls in the office have been sending out updates via facebook as to the condition of the launch ramp.

Like Pelon said in post 18, NPS closed the ramp for construction, it was only supposed to be 1 day but ended up being 3 :rolleyes.

So as of Saturday the Ramp is currently open. The pipe matting ends at about the end of the launch ramp dock, however its only about 3' - 3.5' deep.

We shall see :cool

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Since my boats are speedy bass boat'ish outboards, 3 - 3.5 feet is enough for me. Still sad though.

-peter

welldigger00

Reaction score
I'm headed to south cove(Meadview) this weekend. I'll give a report and pics if I can remember.

Pelon

Reaction score
I have to ask : why wasn't this done at the end of last year when the water levels were down ? or beginning of this year before the snow melt ? Why the unorganized effort now ? Of course my question is rhetorical ... oh , never mind , these are the same people that pulled the boat docks out of the water a couple years ago during the govt shut - down .

Summer is the low point at Lake Mead. Spring is the low point for Powell. The Snow melt is held in Powell and the release to Mead is held fairly constant.

lake mead 06 2015.jpg

welldigger00

Reaction score
I was at south cove last weekend. I forgot to take pics, but it was fine. The lake was down at least 3 feet from last month.

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
Temple bar is fine single lane around 4 1/2 feet at the end of dock I put in a 28 eagle no problem
the lake was like glass all weekend.As much as I don't wont to share this special place everyone
should give it a try. Just the bay in the upper temple bar area is larger then havasu with miles of
beaches and hardly no one up there.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Temple bar is fine single lane around 4 1/2 feet at the end of dock I put in a 28 eagle no problem
the lake was like glass all weekend.As much as I don't wont to share this special place everyone
should give it a try. Just the bay in the upper temple bar area is larger then havasu with miles of
beaches and hardly no one up there.

Sorry for not getting back to you. Did you stay down at Randy's?

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I was a tad worried about the truck sliding around with the |||||| direction of the pipe mat, but didn't have an issue.

The launch ramp is WAY Better than Memorial Day & Father's Day (from what I was told).

With a single lane, you (and crew) have to be ready to launch and retrieve quickly. There's a shallow rock pile about 8' off the end of the dock, so picking up the person pulling the trailer out at the launch ramp dock is tough. As such the majority of everyone parked up on bluff, and picked up the tow vehicle driver on the other courtesy/overnight dock. It made launch ramp parking perfect for for people like myself who essentially have to do everything solo.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Over Father's Day, we launched on Friday (340 Hallett) at Calville and didn't have any issues. Tried at Hemmingway, but couldn't get the boat deep enough to get off the trailer and didn't trust the pass way out.

On Saturday, we actually tried going through the pass way and if you hug the right side going in/left side going out, it's deep enough. I had the boat pole out and the shallowest I got to was 4' and in some areas I couldn't reach the bottom. We went through with the drives up and didn't have any issues.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Yes I do. Room three at the Meadview motel. Sometimes room five.

I have 5 lots there... right on escalanti...had plans of putting up mobles with boat deep storage garage's ... then I got lazy and the value dropped so bad there...

cool end of the lake.....not much for the HEY-lam's...peacefull

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Over Father's Day, we launched on Friday (340 Hallett) at Calville and didn't have any issues. Tried at Hemmingway, but couldn't get the boat deep enough to get off the trailer and didn't trust the pass way out.

On Saturday, we actually tried going through the pass way and if you hug the right side going in/left side going out, it's deep enough. I had the boat pole out and the shallowest I got to was 4' and in some areas I couldn't reach the bottom. We went through with the drives up and didn't have any issues.

Is this Brandon? No problem with the pipe mats being too short?

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score

We missed you guys over the 4th

Is this Brandon?

:thumbup:

Boomer

Reaction score

When you launched out at Calville and looking at the ramp which side did you use? I know the left side is supposed to be deep water for larger boats but the angle of the ramp is terrible. I was think of using the other side but I was told the water was not as deep.

Andy B.

Reaction score
When you launched out at Calville and looking at the ramp which side did you use? I know the left side is supposed to be deep water for larger boats but the angle of the ramp is terrible. I was think of using the other side but I was told the water was not as deep.

I launched at boulder harbor last Saturday and the opening was fine just stay to the left side. There was a 42ft Outer Limits that launched and he got out no problem. They keep digging it out!:thumbup:

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
We missed you guys over the 4th

I know! I wanted to go, but my parent's are out of town and friend's started bailing. It would be a VERY expensive trip with just Megan and I...

We're hoping to go out at the end of July. Also, I think I'm taking the boat out for the Catalina Ski Race. Let me know if you're going to be there.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score

You know, I'm not sure. I wasn't there when they launched. I didn't hear any difference with one side to the other. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Yes it is. And pipe mats??

Hey Man! Met your folks last summer. Your Dad was saying you do the posting. Calville had pipe mats down on the ramp when we were there in May. One of the fuel dock employees mentioned by now the ramp would be concrete.

ramos45

Reaction score

This is my first post here at River Daves, Hello to all.

You are right, the left side is for deep water launching. Launching my 34ft scarab was easy but retrieving can be a pain. A week and a half ago there was a mound about 20ft into the water, my guess is from boats using power to get on trailer. This mound caused my trailer to float due to the rear most crossmember scraping up the mound. Even with this mound the ramp is pretty steep. imagine, the nose of boat winched up to trailer with the rest floating over a trailer whose tires are also floating. I had to manipulate the boat with the lines in order to get it lined up as the lady pulled the trailer up.

It looked like they dug it out before the fourth. We launched once more without any issues but no more retrieval until end of season. We decided to keep it in a slip at Callville to not have to deal with the ramp.

Boomer

Reaction score
This is my first post here at River Daves, Hello to all.

You are right, the left side is for deep water launching. Launching my 34ft scarab was easy but retrieving can be a pain. A week and a half ago there was a mound about 20ft into the water, my guess is from boats using power to get on trailer. This mound caused my trailer to float due to the rear most crossmember scraping up the mound. Even with this mound the ramp is pretty steep. imagine, the nose of boat winched up to trailer with the rest floating over a trailer whose tires are also floating. I had to manipulate the boat with the lines in order to get it lined up as the lady pulled the trailer up.

It looked like they dug it out before the fourth. We launched once more without any issues but no more retrieval until end of season. We decided to keep it in a slip at Callville to not have to deal with the ramp.

Thanks for the info.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I know! I wanted to go, but my parent's are out of town and friend's started bailing. It would be a VERY expensive trip with just Megan and I...

We're hoping to go out at the end of July. Also, I think I'm taking the boat out for the Catalina Ski Race. Let me know if you're going to be there.

I almost sent you a message to see if you all were going. You, Megan and 1 or more of her friends totally could've come out with me for the 4th :D

I know there's a "group" trip planned 7/23-26, but not sure if I'll make it... I got family coming out the next weekend, and the annual guys trip the weekend after that. Three weekends in a row is rough.

I plan on taking the Sea Ray out to watch, but haven't done the CSR in almost 10 years and where to watch is a bit fuzzy. Thinking of heading out this weekend to see who's practicing.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
I almost sent you a message to see if you all were going. You, Megan and 1 or more of her friends totally could've come out with me for the 4th :D

I know there's a "group" trip planned 7/23-26, but not sure if I'll make it... I got family coming out the next weekend, and the annual guys trip the weekend after that. Three weekends in a row is rough.

I plan on taking the Sea Ray out to watch, but haven't done the CSR in almost 10 years and where to watch is a bit fuzzy. Thinking of heading out this weekend to see who's practicing.

Lol, too bad it unfortunately wouldn't have been one of her friends, but several of my dead beat friends.

And I was just talking to my brother about the CSR tonight. My old man gets back from Europe on the 17th, so he's 50/50 on making it, that being said, it's on us if we want to go. We're probably going to launch at Sunset and head on over. We float around inside the no wake zone until the start and head just inside or outside the breakwater. For the finish, we float around near the finish line and jockey for position. I'll shoot you a PM with my cell and if you end up taking the Sea Ray out, we can connect.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Hey Man! Met your folks last summer. Your Dad was saying you do the posting. Calville had pipe mats down on the ramp when we were there in May. One of the fuel dock employees mentioned by now the ramp would be concrete.

Hey man, sorry I was a little confused on the pipe mats. To be honest, I didn't even pay attention. I drove the truck over there with my mom on Sunday of Father's Day weekend and hooked up the trailer. I didn't even really pay attention. Unfortunately my brother and I had to leave early, so they handled putting it on the trailer. All I can say is that I'm pretty sure they put the dually in 4x4 to pull it out, just so my mom didn't light the tires up and shoot gravel all over the front of the boat lol.

And if I read it right, I think you just got married?! Congrats! I'm right behind you getting married in early October.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Hey man, sorry I was a little confused on the pipe mats. To be honest, I didn't even pay attention. I drove the truck over there with my mom on Sunday of Father's Day weekend and hooked up the trailer. I didn't even really pay attention. Unfortunately my brother and I had to leave early, so they handled putting it on the trailer. All I can say is that I'm pretty sure they put the dually in 4x4 to pull it out, just so my mom didn't light the tires up and shoot gravel all over the front of the boat lol.

And if I read it right, I think you just got married?! Congrats! I'm right behind you getting married in early October.

Yes sir! Just married. Thank you! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Same here on the ramp. I just creeped out in 4 wheel. No issues.