WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Mead Launch Ramps 2015

9094Life

Reaction score
Has anyone launcehd out of TB in the past week? I am heading out this weekend and was wondering what the situation is. Last time out of there on Memorial Day it wasn't too awesome.

PrimeCut

Reaction score
Has anyone launcehd out of TB in the past week? I am heading out this weekend and was wondering what the situation is. Last time out of there on Memorial Day it wasn't too awesome.

Should be in better condition that last month, the lake has come up 2.5' this month

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score

Headed out too, haven't been since the 4th.

I'm told it's better now than it was over the 4th. Which by comparison was better than Memorial Day. Furthermore MDW was better than Father's Day weekend.

Here's a pic from last week I borrowed off FB

11760102_10154048903173102_101424882329886552_n.jpg

Might hit the bar tomorrow night, definitely going on Saturday... Locate the rosemary, and stop by for a cold one :champagne:

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Looks like 4wd is required lol

There's a sign probably 300' from the water's edge that says "4x4 Recommended"

My F150 is RWD and I haven't had an issue, but then again I have a 18' mini cruiser :rolleyes

Runs2rch

Reaction score
There's a sign probably 300' from the water's edge that says "4x4 Recommended"

My F150 is RWD and I haven't had an issue, but then again I have a 18' mini cruiser :rolleyes

Like you said depends on boat size, weight, etc. We were there on the 12th. Looked okay. Calville one side was all dirt. On Thursday it looked good. When we pulled out Monday is was all dug up.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
We had friends launch their 38' Formula, but not sure if they used their truck or a tractor.

We launched at Boulder with a 34' Hallett and it was easy. Ramp is fantastic and it's plenty deep heading out of the harbor if you stay to the left (while going out). Just hug the shoreline.

9094Life

Reaction score
Just got back. Wasn't too bad at all. Ramp was covered in mud, but plenty deep past the dock. Thanks for the help!

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Just got back. Wasn't too bad at all. Ramp was covered in mud, but plenty deep past the dock. Thanks for the help!

x2 on the ramp, I was a little worried that my truck was going to get stuck, pipe-mat on that section would be nice.

What boat did you have?

Right on! How was the weather?

Friday was nice about 110* in the shade.

Saturday looked crappy; it was overcast, the wind was blowing pretty healthy, LV news said rain. But made the best of and went out anyways, talked with Pelon for a little bit on the beach. Glassed off in the early evening. Mid-high 90s.

Sunday was sunny, water glass most the day with light wind in the afternoon, then glass in the evening. 105*

pcrussell50

Reaction score
just launched at hemenway yesterday afternoon, 4th of august 2015. the bad and the good...

bad: it was down to one lane at launch ramp, and the you had to drive on bare dirt to get to the corrugated steel plate. it was very shallow angle a good ways in. i have a bass boat-like sport boat with a big outboard and it had the prop pretty close to the bottom. had to back in a little deeper than usual, and tilt the motor up a bit.

good: by the end of the dock it's plenty deep. as in over my head deep. i jumped in to cool off and test depth while my wife went and got the truck. also, the earth movers are out and working... but for what? here's the good news. it looks like they are building up the wood forms to make another concrete pour. this was just as of yesterday. don't know if that's good or bad, because if they are planning a concrete pour, they must be planning on the lake being low for a long time to come... either that or they're pretty sure it's not going to go any lower. don't know which.

-peter

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
just launched at hemenway yesterday afternoon, 4th of august 2015. the bad and the good...

bad: it was down to one lane at launch ramp, and the you had to drive on bare dirt to get to the corrugated steel plate. it was very shallow angle a good ways in. it have a bass boat-like sport boat with a big outboard and it had the prop pretty close to the bottom. had to back in a little deeper than usual, and tilt the motor up a bit.

good: by the end of the dock it's plenty deep. as in over my head deep. i jumped in to cool off and test depth. also, the earth movers are out and working... but for what? here's the good news. it looks like they are building up the wood forms to make another concrete pour. this was just as of yesterday. don't know if that's good or bad, because if they are planning a concrete pour, they must be planning on the lake being low for a long time to come... either that or they're pretty sure it's not going to go any lower. don't know which.

-peter

when the guy from the W.A. told me in 2000 that they were dropping the water level 150' ... he also said that's where it was gonna stay,...that's why they moved all the marina's

Andy B.

Reaction score
I launched there on Sunday no problem going out on both sides now 5-6 lanes launching!!!!:thumbup: