WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

**LAKE MEAD MAN MADE DOOM AND GLOOM ????**

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
and how would you know???? they started holding back the water before 1983 , 1983 was when they figure out they fucked up,.... or do you think that it all happened the same day...I'm a little different than you,... I don't believe everything some one tells me.... and I don't follow you around and try to prove what you post as false... I don't think I know it all about ever subject,,, what I said, I said it was from what some one told me... I guess you always know more cause you googled it and read it...

Easy turbo...

What's the difference between words on a screen, and words out of somebody's mouth? Nothing. They are just words. Now if you can see for yourself if it's raining, or not, then you can KNOW the truth.

None of us were in the board room when the decisions about the water were made. This is a fact we know.

But...

There is a ton of written documentation on the events that happened over the years. Will any one piece of the puzzle show you the entire puzzle? Nope. This is a fact we also know.

But when you start reading 200 different articles, the pieces of the puzzle slowly start to come together. Here is one I picked up on recently....

The new straw they put in mead. Why did they put it in? Cause when mead goes to dead pool, Vegas will still have water. The new straw made sure of this. Maybe you're going "well duh dumbazz", but I never paid enough attention to care honestly. And, can I go see if the straw is there at this very moment? Nope. Neither can you. So we have to rely on what we've been told. Almost every article will tell you, as Racey said, there is not enough water to go around, if all the allocations are met. He didn't pull that outa his ass, it's been discussed since the 1920's, even before the dam was built, and it still being discussed today! So Vegas, making a decision based on 100+ years of discussions, probably made a good call putting the new straw in place.

So what do we know?

Do they try to imitate the floods that occur naturally? All signs point to yes.

Did that have anything to do with the flood of 1983? All signs point to no.

Are there more water allocations than the river can support? All signs point to yes.

Will the river run out of water eventually? All signs point to no.

Wait, no???

The bureau of reclamation will make sure this never happens. They will do what they have to do to make sure it never happens!! And that will include cutting off the AZ and NV allocations if they absolutely have, to to protect AG and the power the dams produce. I'm sure they will cut CA as well IF that's what is required.

All we can do at this point, is do the rain dances, and hope we have some wet years soon. We can't control mother nature. <- These are facts we know as well.

🍻

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Easy turbo...

What's the difference between words on a screen, and words out of somebody's mouth? Nothing. They are just words. Now if you can see for yourself if it's raining, or not, then you can KNOW the truth.

None of us were in the board room when the decisions about the water were made. This is a fact we know.

But...

There is a ton of written documentation on the events that happened over the years. Will any one piece of the puzzle show you the entire puzzle? Nope. This is a fact we also know.

But when you start reading 200 different articles, the pieces of the puzzle slowly start to come together. Here is one I picked up on recently....

The new straw they put in mead. Why did they put it in? Cause when mead goes to dead pool, Vegas will still have water. The new straw made sure of this. Maybe you're going "well duh dumbazz", but I never paid enough attention to care honestly. And, can I go see if the straw is there at this very moment? Nope. Neither can you. So we have to rely on what we've been told. Almost every article will tell you, as Racey said, there is not enough water to go around, if all the allocations are met. He didn't pull that outa his ass, it's been discussed since the 1920's, even before the dam was built, and it still being discussed today! So Vegas, making a decision based on 100+ years of discussions, probably made a good call putting the new straw in place.

So what do we know?

Do they try to imitate the floods that occur naturally? All signs point to yes.

Did that have anything to do with the flood of 1983? All signs point to no.

Are there more water allocations than the river can support? All signs point to yes.

Will the river run out of water eventually? All signs point to no.

Wait, no???

The bureau of reclamation will make sure this never happens. They will do what they have to do to make sure it never happens!! And that will include cutting off the AZ and NV allocations if they absolutely have, to to protect AG and the power the dams produce. I'm sure they will cut CA as well IF that's what is required.

All we can do at this point, is do the rain dances, and hope we have some wet years soon. We can't control mother nature. <- These are facts we know as well.

🍻
pretty spot on,.. as I have said, any and all info I have post is second hand at best, some makes sense, and most of it don't.. all the articals that said lake mead would be dry by 2020 turned out to be false...... what I was told makes sense to me, I was told that with the lake at 1215 we were loosing millions of gallons to evap... and it was also polluting millions of gallons.... water at mead is crystal clear now, in 2000 vegas wash had horrible green stinky water,.. so di the stewarts point area.. those areas didn't get current at that level.. so anyway,... all I'm saying is just because you read something differat dosen't make it right or wrong,... to keep calling out one person and saying they are wrong and you are right is just stupid.... I'm my own person... I gather all the stuff I can and make a "I THINK" this is what happened,.. just like the election, I believe that there was fraud.... that dosen't make me right or wrong, that just means I believe one story over the other... one persons opinion doesn't mean much., and it also doesn't give that person the right to call them stupid or that they are ly'n.. during that time I had spoke with many that told me trump was ly'n to everyone and it was the "BIG" lie he was spreading.. and that Biden was comming to save america.... to those I say now.... Hows oboma work'n out for you??? the base ment president

to be more correct, on a message board,... instead of saying some one is wrong,... would it be better to say,... thats not what I read.. instead of say'n some one else is wrong and you are right...

it's my belief that there is stuff going on at mead that is not public info,... when people are hidding some thing, there's some thing to look for... I started really paying attention to what was going on at mead in 2000, I found and read a bunch about what was going on, and still is out there... so like i said.. It's my belief...that mead will settle at + - 150' and there will be onlly one ramp for boaters at hemming way, or they will build the boulder ramp all the way out to the narrow entry to that cove.. some of it makes sense , some don't...

I still was try'n to figure out if boulder ramp was still open, and if you can launch there today??? I might go out there and look around,,, but don't wanna tow the boat out if I can't get on the water...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
this was just on the news in veags at 6:09,.. it was passed in to law thats illegal to plant decorative lawn in vegas, and water is only to be used for plants and ag.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
Actually, it ends up in Mexico at the Morelos dam and gets dispersed from there. As far as I'm aware there is a certain amount of water that is mandated to cross the border.
I know Mead did a heavy release some 10 or so years ago and eventually it did reach the gulf but literally was just a trickle(was a tv show on it). There was a lot of controversy about the water released however it was water supposedly owned by Mexico being stored in Mead.
thank you. I neglected to include the morelos dam in my casual US accounting for the H2O.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
pretty spot on,.. as I have said, any and all info I have post is second hand at best, some makes sense, and most of it don't.. all the articals that said lake mead would be dry by 2020 turned out to be false...... what I was told makes sense to me, I was told that with the lake at 1215 we were loosing millions of gallons to evap... and it was also polluting millions of gallons.... water at mead is crystal clear now, in 2000 vegas wash had horrible green stinky water,.. so di the stewarts point area.. those areas didn't get current at that level.. so anyway,... all I'm saying is just because you read something differat dosen't make it right or wrong,... to keep calling out one person and saying they are wrong and you are right is just stupid.... I'm my own person... I gather all the stuff I can and make a "I THINK" this is what happened,.. just like the election, I believe that there was fraud.... that dosen't make me right or wrong, that just means I believe one story over the other... one persons opinion doesn't mean much., and it also doesn't give that person the right to call them stupid or that they are ly'n.. during that time I had spoke with many that told me trump was ly'n to everyone and it was the "BIG" lie he was spreading.. and that Biden was comming to save america.... to those I say now.... Hows oboma work'n out for you??? the base ment president

to be more correct, on a message board,... instead of saying some one is wrong,... would it be better to say,... thats not what I read.. instead of say'n some one else is wrong and you are right...

it's my belief that there is stuff going on at mead that is not public info,... when people are hidding some thing, there's some thing to look for... I started really paying attention to what was going on at mead in 2000, I found and read a bunch about what was going on, and still is out there... so like i said.. It's my belief...that mead will settle at + - 150' and there will be onlly one ramp for boaters at hemming way, or they will build the boulder ramp all the way out to the narrow entry to that cove.. some of it makes sense , some don't...

I still was try'n to figure out if boulder ramp was still open, and if you can launch there today??? I might go out there and look around,,, but don't wanna tow the boat out if I can't get on the water...

I think you should just take a drive out there and take some reconnaissance pics for the rest of us, so we can see what's really going on at the moment.

You're pretty much retired right? Seems like a good way to waste a day! 😁

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
if only

Thanks you two for the dialogue. I learned alot from your 'opinions' and positions and the stuff you posted. like a big healthy meal. thanks again.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
@2FORCEFULL you're ahead of the news. But the main strean media confirms it's all global warming. Move along.....
LMAO....
Colorado River flows into Mexico for first time in 60 years

However, over the last 60 years, dams on the Colorado River and rerouting of water into farmland and orchards stopped this historic flow.

before they dumped mead....

1623173105464.png

after

1623173218191.png

any questions????

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
and how would you know???? they started holding back the water before 1983 , 1983 was when they figure out they fucked up,.... or do you think that it all happened the same day...I'm a little different than you,... I don't believe everything some one tells me.... and I don't follow you around and try to prove what you post as false... I don't think I know it all about ever subject,,, what I said, I said it was from what some one told me... I guess you always know more cause you googled it and read it...

I actually read about it years ago in a book that was written shortly after the incident in the 80s some time, all about lake Powell and Glen Canyon. No need to get butt hurt, we are all here to share information, I'm just sharing mine. They figured out they fucked up the second they started seeing chunks of concrete and mud coming out of the spillway dumps at the bottom of the dam, which had never been run at capacity from when the dam was buolt until that very moment. They dropped Mead in the early 60s down to close to where it is now while they were initially filling Powell just in case shit hit the fan.

I'll see if I can find the book, it's in a box somewhere here at the shop.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Other than a few wet years, according to U of A, the Colorado River has not flowed to the Gulf since 1960.

grumpy88

Reaction score
this was just on the news in veags at 6:09,.. it was passed in to law thats illegal to plant decorative lawn in vegas, and water is only to be used for plants and ag.
Not till 2027 and single family homes are exempt

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I actually read about it years ago in a book that was written shortly after the incident in the 80s some time, all about lake Powell and Glen Canyon. No need to get butt hurt, we are all here to share information, I'm just sharing mine. They figured out they fucked up the second they started seeing chunks of concrete and mud coming out of the spillway dumps at the bottom of the dam, which had never been run at capacity from when the dam was buolt until that very moment. They dropped Mead in the early 60s down to close to where it is now while they were initially filling Powell just in case shit hit the fan.

spot on maxwell... only mystery is what I was saying... it all started back in 1980 +- they were doing studies of the area... there after, lets sat some time in 1982 they starded holding more and more water at powell, by 1983 they had to dump it... and there was no where for the water to go once it filled mead... fact is we do know that they dumped powell, and we do know that they let out too much all at once and we do know that mead couldn't hold the water back and sent it to cotton wood, davis held on as much as they and dumped to havasu.. and then same to parker..

fact is this.... some one has the control of the water that leaves all the dams...

my theory is this right now.... powel is dumping right now, and so is mead..... mead wants to drop to 1050, for that to happen, powell has to drop then slow the water flow to mead.... in order to do that they have to get powel as low as they can...mead will lower to below that level (150) and the feds will put a ration on water to the waistfull cal,, and ban lawns and other waists of good drinking water, also they hopeful extend the boat ramps at that time... then powell will send water down to mead to bring the level back up at mead to ,(i believe) 150'to 160'.... and thats where it will stay

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Not till 2027 and single family homes are exempt
here's some back up for your post

'non-functional' grass

Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak has signed legislation to make the state the first in the U.S. to ban certain kinds of grass.

poster_77f243f06b79460ba81fb270b4c4e787.png

grass meadow

By: Associated Press
Posted at 1:08 PM, Jun 07, 2021

and last updated 10:25 PM, Jun 07, 2021
CARSON CITY (AP) — Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak has signed legislation to make the state the first in the U.S. to ban certain kinds of grass.
The measure signed last Friday will ban water users in southern Nevada from planting decorative grass so they conserve water.
PREVIOUS STORY: Las Vegas pushes to become first to ban ornamental grass
Recent Stories from ktnv.com
Top Videos

WATCH MORE

Pride 2021: fighting anti‑trans violence in Nevadaand nationally

Pride 2021: fighting anti-trans violence in Nevada and nationally

The grass ban starting in 2027 applies to office parks, entrances to housing developments and street medians. But it does not apply to homes or parks.
Water officials say the ban will eliminate about 40% of the grass in the region.
The ban comes as western states that rely on the Colorado River for water prepare for the federal government to issue its first-ever official shortage declaration.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A desert city built on a reputation for excess wants to become a model for conservation with a first-in-the-nation policy banning grass that nobody walks on.

Las Vegas-area water officials are asking the Nevada Legislature to pass a law prohibiting "nonfunctional turf."

The Southern Nevada Water Authority says taking out the grass in street medians and common areas of master-planned communities and office parks can reduce the amount of water the region consumes by roughly 15%.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

I read a book about UFO's...........................................

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
@2FORCEFULL you're ahead of the news. But the main strean media confirms it's all global warming. Move along.....
Right? I saw a similar article this morning where the first sentence was: "The Southwest is suffering a severe drought, thanks to Global Warming, yada, yada, blah, blah".
Fricken media writers are complete morons.🙄😡

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I read a book about UFO's...........................................

I talked to a guy in a suit about UFOs, what's the point? 🤣

It took about 15 years to fill Powell, that's why it took til 83 for the spillway to get a full test.

grumpy88

Reaction score
here's some back up for your post

'non-functional' grass

Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak has signed legislation to make the state the first in the U.S. to ban certain kinds of grass.

poster_77f243f06b79460ba81fb270b4c4e787.png

grass meadow

By: Associated Press
Posted at 1:08 PM, Jun 07, 2021

and last updated 10:25 PM, Jun 07, 2021
CARSON CITY (AP) — Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak has signed legislation to make the state the first in the U.S. to ban certain kinds of grass.
The measure signed last Friday will ban water users in southern Nevada from planting decorative grass so they conserve water.
PREVIOUS STORY: Las Vegas pushes to become first to ban ornamental grass
Recent Stories from ktnv.com
Top Videos

WATCH MORE
Pride 2021: fighting anti‑trans violence in Nevadaand nationally

Pride 2021: fighting anti-trans violence in Nevada and nationally

The grass ban starting in 2027 applies to office parks, entrances to housing developments and street medians. But it does not apply to homes or parks.
Water officials say the ban will eliminate about 40% of the grass in the region.
The ban comes as western states that rely on the Colorado River for water prepare for the federal government to issue its first-ever official shortage declaration.
My new sod goes in hopefully next week !

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I talked to a guy in a suit about UFOs, what's the point? 🤣

It took about 15 years to fill Powell, that's why it took til 83 for the spillway to get a full test.

Yep. Went and seen it twice as a kid that year spilling over. I still remember the biggest damn carp goin over the falls! Oh, and the sound and vibration of the water when inside the damn on the tour!

Lumpy

Reaction score
Lets not forget about all the "Raise the River" enviro bullshit.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I think you should just take a drive out there and take some reconnaissance pics for the rest of us, so we can see what's really going on at the moment.

thats the plan today, we're not taking the boat,... wife wants to go to boulder city....and hike around out by the lake.... my plan is to sit in my van with the ac on......lol

Runs2rch

Reaction score
thats the plan today, we're not taking the boat,... wife wants to go to boulder city....and hike around out by the lake.... my plan is to sit in my van with the ac on......lol
Railroad trail?

rrrr

Reaction score
Right? I saw a similar article this morning where the first sentence was: "The Southwest is suffering a severe drought, thanks to Global Warming, yada, yada, blah, blah".
Fricken media writers are complete morons.🙄😡

A brief snippet from the Yahoo News article linked above:

But following decades of drought caused by the climate crisis, Lake Mead, the country’s largest reservoir that fills the famous Hoover Dam, is currently at just 37 per cent capacity.

The media doesn't bother with being objective anymore.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I was thinking a SxS run. So you could show us the Really cool shoreline spots.

And you dont have say where they are. 🤫

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
A brief snippet from the Yahoo News article linked above:

But following decades of drought caused by the climate crisis, Lake Mead, the country’s largest reservoir that fills the famous Hoover Dam, is currently at just 37 per cent capacity.

The media doesn't bother with being objective anymore.
Or accurate😂...I certainly hope lake Mead doesn't fill the dam.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
also, there was a story about mead on the front page of the vegas paper, said the lake level will continue to drop Till nov...

cxr

Reaction score

Nooooo.... he might try to buy it and then resell it here :)

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I watched a new report from St George the other day where St George is trying to tap into Powell to supply water to the rapidly growing St. George and vicinity. lol... I cracked up. They want to run a pipe from Powell to St George. State of Utah is saying they have never taken water from Powell which is largely in their state and it's now their turn to get some of it. All while its currently being reduced to its lowest water levels. Crazy....

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
also, there was a story about mead on the front page of the vegas paper, said the lake level will continue to drop Till nov...

Yep. Same thing that happens every year. Cool pics Steve. Thank you.

This is what I found on Vegas Wash...

I screen shotted (is that even a word?) these pics off Google Earth...

vegaswash.jpg

This looks interesting!

wash2.jpg

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Lake Las Vegas. The wash actually goes underneath the lake in storm culverts.
They are going to cut the big peninsula on the north shore to create an island. Land is more expensive on an island.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I washed my truck today.

In my defense i have a pressure washer so it doesnt use much water.

On the flip side i pulled the flow restictor out of my new moen shower head yesterday.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Yep. Same thing that happens every year. Cool pics Steve. Thank you.

This is what I found on Vegas Wash...

I screen shotted (is that even a word?) these pics off Google Earth...

View attachment 1011840

This looks interesting!

View attachment 1011843
I've always wondered this, how come lake las vegas is always full??? does the water vegas returns to mead go there first??? my guess is yes and they have a constant flow of clean fresh water, other wise it would be a stagnet cess pool..... the flow of clean fresh water down at the vegas wash marina was a lot,.... that would only happen if lake las vegas was full..... pretty sure no one has water rights to that water but vegas??????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Las Vegas Wash is a 12-mile-long channel which feeds most of the Las Vegas Valley's excess water into Lake Mead. The wash is sometimes called an urban river, and it exists in its present capacity because of an urban population. The wash also works in a systemic conjunction with the pre-existing wetlands that formed the oasis of the Las Vegas Valley. The wash is fed by urban runoff, shallow ground water, reclaimed water, and stormwater.[1]

The wetlands of the Las Vegas Valley act as the kidneys of the environment, cleaning the water that runs through it. The wetlands filter out harmful residues from fertilizers, oils, and other contaminants that can be found on the roadways and in the surrounding desert.

Near its terminus at Las Vegas Bay,[1] the wash passes under the man made Lake Las Vegas through two 7-foot pipes

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
History[edit]

The wash just below Lake Las Vegas
Before development in the valley above the wash, it was able to contain the flows from rain water that fell in the valley and hills above. When the first sewage treatment plant went on line, the flows began increasing to the point that the channel expanded in size as the increased flows eroded the wash's stream-banks.

This erosion also deepened the channel draining one of the largest desert wetlands in the U.S. southwest as the water flowed down the channel rather than flooding the wetlands area. This has had several consequences among them, increased flows of silt into Lake Mead, fewer migratory birds, reduced water polishing from the native plants, and infestation of invasive plant species such as African Tamarisk (Tamarix africana) and Sahara Mustard (Brassica tournefortii).

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The major natural sources that feed the wash are:

• Duck Creek
  • Las Vegas Creek
  • Flamingo Wash
  • Pittman Wash
  • Monson Channel
  • Sloan Channel
  • Meadows Detention Basin
  • Tule Springs Wash
1623326711042.png
1623326711042.png

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The following is a tree demonstrating the points at which the major and minor tributaries of the Colorado River branch off from the main river and from each other.

See also[edit]
References[edit]
River and Tributary Locations determined by examining maps available at USGS nationa

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I washed my truck today.

In my defense i have a pressure washer so it doesnt use much water.

On the flip side i pulled the flow restictor out of my new moen shower head yesterday.
LOL... In vegas, they paid people to remove there lawns... then figured that they were loosing the water that used to return to under ground,... so then they said to wash you car on gravel and not on concrete so the water would soak up in the ground

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The Clark County Wetlands Park is the largest park in the Clark County, Nevada park system. The park is on the east side of the Las Vegas valley and runs from the various water treatment plants near the natural beginning of the Las Vegas Wash to where the wash flows under Lake Las Vegas and later into Lake Mead.

One purpose of the park is to reduce the environmental impact of the waste water and stormwater runoff leaving the drainage basin area, by building a constructed wetland. This is being accomplished by installing a series of water flow control structures such as dams and weirs and by creating ponds that together slow down the flow of the water, catching silt, and reducing the undercutting of the dirt walls that form the wash. As of June, 2005 nine of these structures were operational.

The sides of the wash are being stabilized by installing native plants and large pieces of demolished construction debris. Some of the native plants, especially those in areas of standing water, also help purify the water by removing various pollutants as the slow moving water provides these plants with nourishment. This method of purification is also called natural water polishing.

The second purpose of the park is education. The displays within the park show visitors how the wash looked before major settlement occurred in the valley and the impact people have had on the environment.

The park has a nature center with displays about the park's plants and animals. There are miles of walking paths.

Species impact[edit]
While the end result of the changes in the park should be to improve the habitat for several threatened or endangered species, their presence, even if only for limited periods during the year, has slowed the improvements. Their presence requires projects demonstrate that they will not endanger the existing sites used by these species.

References
1623327497077.png

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I personally want to thank all that have contributed to this thread,... kind of an eye opener to all thats involved to make sure we have good clean drinking water...... I just wait for the day that they stabilize the water level at mead..... to me, it doesn't matter if that is 1040' or 1060'... it will alway's be a nice recreation spot for me..... there's lots off cool camping spots down at vegas wash by the stream.... kinda utah like

IMG_2073[5114].jpg
IMG_2077[5118].jpg
IMG_2078[5119].jpg
IMG_2079[5120].jpg
IMG_2081[5126].jpg
IMG_2082[5127].jpg

Nordie

Reaction score
About 3 or 4 years ago we did 2 more weirs with Las Vegas paving. If you take Galleria drive east, and make a left before lake Lake Las Vegas or Tuscany and thats where we tied those weirs. Wetlands park is Coyote Central they thrive out there.

The water is also really warm. In the winters the water actually steams, it's rather erie. One of the park officials did tell us that there a couple of pools where there are piranhas, but they can't leave those certain pools because the water would be too cold.

jet496

Reaction score
I remember going into the Grand Canyon in the early 90's with our boats & jet skis. We would tie the jet skis up somewhere just past Pierce Ferry & continue by boat since they only had so much gas.

We did it a few years in a row always going further up, hauling (6) 5 gallon gas cans along with the 50 gallons my tanks held after filling up at Temple Bar. We'd ask rafters what the conditions were like as they came down so we knew if it was safe to venture further up (they are the only ones we'd see besides the rangers who would do one trip up & back each day). I wonder if that'll ever happen again. We were lucky.

It must've been close to full pool then.

Last edited: